The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Petition: Black Skate jersey as third for Bure year

BurnabyJoe

I doubt you'll ever see the black skate come back as a full time 3rd. The Canucks have put a lot of time/money in marketing our blue and green colours. But I'm all for them using these for a one-off game during Pavel Bure night. :)

Personally black & yellow skate >>>> blue & green orca. Was never happy about the change in the first place and from an artistic stand point the skate was much much better. And unlike many other team designs where so many already have the 'C' design. Give me the skate any day of the week any time.

I don't get the issue some of you have with a third jersey being different. Its not changing the primary logo, colours, or taking away from anything at all. At what point does this hurt the teams image? Considering that the specific jersey in question here was a primary logo and colours for this team for many years!

Saying that if the team wears it as a third jersey they are committing a travesty is a bit far fetched and an exaggeration. On top of that, its being done to reflect and honour a truly outstanding player and person the Canucks were lucky enough to have his best years of talent played for them. The teams first drafted HHOF!

We all have a choice to wear whatever jerseys of the plethora of them over the years. They all represent one team and its franchise, and I don't care whichever one you like or dislike. That was the jersey that Bure wore when he was in his prime and made the Canucks exciting to watch.

If the black skate jersey is such a bad concession for the Canucks to wear as a 3rd jersey as stated from some of you, than feel free to throw on a oil drop or a flaming C jersey.

If the Canucks were to use the Skate jersey it should be in Monochromatic with silver. A black jersey with the stick logo on each shoulder in black & white and the skate logo in a mix of black, white and silver.

The Canucks lettering would be in black, the trim of the lettering in silver, background of lettering in white and the puck background as it currently is in black. The Lines to build the shape of the skate would alternate black & silver lines.

It's simple, classy and if done right could look pretty sleek.

I don't get the issue some of you have with a third jersey being different. Its not changing the primary logo, colours, or taking away from anything at all. At what point does this hurt the teams image? Considering that the specific jersey in question here was a primary logo and colours for this team for many years!

Saying that if the team wears it as a third jersey they are committing a travesty is a bit far fetched and an exaggeration. On top of that, its being done to reflect and honour a truly outstanding player and person the Canucks were lucky enough to have his best years of talent played for them. The teams first drafted HHOF!

We all have a choice to wear whatever jerseys of the plethora of them over the years. They all represent one team and its franchise, and I don't care whichever one you like or dislike. That was the jersey that Bure wore when he was in his prime and made the Canucks exciting to watch.

If the black skate jersey is such a bad concession for the Canucks to wear as a 3rd jersey as stated from some of you, than feel free to throw on a oil drop or a flaming C jersey.

Archived