The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mitt Romney's Campaign Cancels Staffers Credit Cards In The Middle Of The Night

dudeone

I think continuing to spend money on the campaign after the campaign is over would be abuse. I think what happened is they found people spending it up so they had to cut them off .

I dont think people need 'notice' to stop using campaign credit cards after the election is over. Its just common sense.

This whole thing reminds me of something .. what is it? .. oh yes .. Bain Capital .. once you are no longer any use to me I will cut you adrift faster than I can strap a kennel to a car roof .. loyalty is NOT an option in Mitt's world .. now Mitt and Ann get to look in the mirror every day and see their own failure ..

The second you get fired/laid off, that's it. The company that you worked for has no obligation to help you any more. What...are they supposed to let you live off their dime for two more weeks?

How exactly is that "fair and reasonable" - to let someone who isn't on their contract keep using up company dollars?

Have you ever been laid off? Two weeks is exactly what you are supposed to get in most cases.

As for the other option: If they were fired, I certainly hope you don't think that this will make me think Mitt Romney is less of a self-entitled scumbag.

Besides, when you fire someone, you look them in the eye and say "you're fired".(If Mitt has trouble with this, he can call his buddy, The Donald for help) You don't quietly revoke all priveleges and change the locks. That's the coward's way out.

On the cases that I have been a colleague to someone who got fired, they were asked to gather their personal belongings in the middle of the day and leave the premises.

Two weeks is what an employee gives as notice, although one could theoretically leave anytime they wanted. The employer could also ask the employee to leave immediately, thus terminating the contract. In either case, a severance is negotiated - or whatever the contract says.

I don't care about what you or anyone else think of Mitt - you're going to paint him and the GOP in a bad light regardless of what happens.

I also don't care how you fire someone - are you going to delay firing someone just because they're not in the office but out in the field? How does that affect the bottom line? Does it delay the so-called "grieving" process that the other employees go through?

On one hand I could see Mitt doing this as a precaution to prevent people from making any last minute frivolous purchases for themselves on the company dime, chances are they are probably already getting a severence package. It was pretty rude to just cancel them without notice though. Mitt's still a giant smelly turd.

would there have been a difference if he had lost or won? The campaign was over either way that night. For better or for worse. If they knew they were going to do that before hand and they didn't tell the campaigners then was just apathetic. He just didn't care enough about them to give them the heads up so they could be prepared for it.

would there have been a difference if he had lost or won? The campaign was over either way that night. For better or for worse. If they knew they were going to do that before hand and they didn't tell the campaigners then was just apathetic. He just didn't care enough about them to give them the heads up so they could be prepared for it.

Archived