The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

what business is vancouver island lacking?

CanuckGAME

Hey guys/gals

I'm thinking of opening a business either in Victoria, Duncan, or somewhere else in the island

What businesses do you think could succeed in these areas, that the areas are currently lacking? I'm hoping some of you can help me out by shedding some light

Thanks!

I work for the ferries, and unless the boat is more than 60% full, they're losing money (which, is more often than not) hence, the cut in sailings. When you think about how much the other ferries (such as the coho, anecortes, and the clipper all out of victoria), it's really not that expensive. Plus, unlike the boats used in above examples, the conditions and quality of those boats aren't very good in comparison to bc ferries.

Missing out on a PF Changs. And a quality hockey team (no, the Royals are not quality)

Not just the island but all of BC lacks manufacturing.

What's crazy is that we have steel quality coal and mines producing iron and a big port to ship from and we don't even make steel!

We have logs and don't even make all of it into lumber let alone furniture or cabinets.

And while not manufacturing the next business I would like to see is a large waste to energy facility.

I work for the ferries, and unless the boat is more than 60% full, they're losing money (which, is more often than not) hence, the cut in sailings. When you think about how much the other ferries (such as the coho, anecortes, and the clipper all out of victoria), it's really not that expensive. Plus, unlike the boats used in above examples, the conditions and quality of those boats aren't very good in comparison to bc ferries.

Missing out on a PF Changs. And a quality hockey team (no, the Royals are not quality)

Hey guys/gals

I'm thinking of opening a business either in Victoria, Duncan, or somewhere else in the island

What businesses do you think could succeed in these areas, that the areas are currently lacking? I'm hoping some of you can help me out by shedding some light

Thanks!

When I lived there (maybe it is different now), there was no coffee shop along Dallas Rd. I used to love walking around Ogden Point and Beacon Hill Park. Tonnes of people walk by their, and for me, walks are always better with a warm cup of coffee. There are houses along Dallas Rd. on the opposite side of the beach. Maybe one could be converted into a coffee shop? Upstairs for a bakery? Sounds kinda hippy-ish, but then again, that's generally the type of people who live in Victoria.

Archived