The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Petraeus Resigns For Marital NOT Martial Affairs:

Tearloch7

David Petraeus is the Director of CIA and has access to US state secrets that haven't been revealed to the public. What if Ms. Broadwell wasn't a patriotic American trained at West Point with 10 years of military service? What if she was a spy for an al-Qaeda sleeper cell? General Petraeus could've put millions of lives in danger by giving a spy access to covert information. Ms. Broadwell had an unusual amount of access to Mr. Petraeus-she also had knowledge of other women Mr. Petraeus was talking to. I suspect from the little tidbits we've seen released that the General inadvertently leaked information to his mistress. If that's true, the President should talk to to the Attorney General about setting a legal precedent for this kind of thing.

This has nothing to do with participating in an extra marital affair and setting a good example for young children and teenagers. This has to do with protecting state secrets, Mr. Petraeus clearly behaved in an extremely reckless matter. Many of you will come out and disagree with me so I'll give you an example of how he may behaved in an irresponsible matter that could put lives into danger:

-Ms. Broadwell and the General have just been intimate

-Ms. Broadwell typically wears pant suits. She accidentally puts on the General's pants

-The General is in the bed. Eyes shut. (

-His cellular device is in his pocket. She is a curious journalist, it's her job to look through his phone even if she doesn't have security clearance.

-Ms. Broadwell gains access to information about a the whereabouts of al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawhiri

-If Ms. Broadwell was a spy for al-Qaeda, she'd tell al-Zawhiri to relocate and have around a 25% chance of giving the US another 9/11 type strike.

-If Ms. Broadwell was a spy seeking financial compensation(aka Robert Hanssen) she'd sell this valuable information to highest bidder probably Pakistan. Pakistan tries to target al-Zawhiri but fails. Pakistan obviously screws it up and creates a huge international incident. al-Zawhiri escapes to Somalia and orders more US embassy attacks.

A lot of you guys are going to call my post a "stretch". Look at this way: The United States has been at war for over a decade now with no end in sight. They've got troops committed to Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan with money committed to Libya, Egypt, Israel, the Palestinian Authority, etc.

They've got the world's largest economy and the world's largest army. However, they're now an empire in decline with countries like Russia, China, India, Brazil etc. breathing down their neck and their allies in the EU declining. The next terrorist attack would be an absolute catastrophe.

If you're the top American spy and you decide to cheat on your wife of 37 years(The mother of your two children-a woman who spends her time dedicated to Veterans Affairs and Families) then you should be disciplined by the courts for showing a gross lack of discipline.

If he was a low-level US Congressman working on some boring committee then you can hoard as much strippers and blow that your money can by. Pull an Elliot Spitzer for all I care. If you're in an important position of power that focuses on military or economic strategy then you'd better stop and realize that you don't want to be the guy that turns America into a mid-level power because you weren't focused enough on your role in history to keep it in the pants. These men have all the power and excitement in the world but they feel the need to insert their wieners into any female or (in some unfortunate cases) male that comes within a mile of them. I'm a 17 years old male and this concept is completely foreign to me.

Petraeus wasn't just some bureaucrat that worked his way up becoming Director of the CIA. He was a potential President or Vice-Presidential candidate for 2016. He was in-line to replace Leon Panetta as Secretary of Defence in 2013. Instead, he decided to behave like a jackass. He should thank his "Baby Jesus" that his need bang his psycho biographer didn't provoke another attack against the US.

Archived