The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Biggest Canuck curiosities

Slegr

Hockey in BC seems to get as bizarre as our politics at times, and as Canucks fans, we've seen a lot of strange and curious happenings over the decades. The NHL's west coast fishbowl has been witness to the Bertuzzi incident, the Brasheur/McSorley situation, the tragedies of Bourdon and Rypien...there has been no shortage of us being lifted up or broken hearted.

My question to all of you: what are the biggest curiosities and questions gone unanswered that you still have as a fan?

A few curiousities near the top of my list include:

Was Pavel Bure on enhancement performing drugs?

Why has AV never given Ballard a fair chance to succeed?

Why did Jeff Brown go and do what he did?

Others....?

Hockey in BC seems to get as bizarre as our politics at times, and as Canucks fans, we've seen a lot of strange and curious happenings over the decades. The NHL's west coast fishbowl has been witness to the Bertuzzi incident, the Brasheur/McSorley situation, the tragedies of Bourdon and Rypien...there has been no shortage of us being lifted up or broken hearted.

My question to all of you: what are the biggest curiosities and questions gone unanswered that you still have as a fan?

A few curiousities near the top of my list include:

Was Pavel Bure on enhancement performing drugs?

Why has AV never given Ballard a fair chance to succeed?

Why did Jeff Brown go and do what he did?

Others....?

What role (if Hamhuis wasn't successfully signed or if Bieksa had been traded while he was slumping) would Ballard have on this team? Would he be more successful within a Top 4 role?

Was the Cody - Kassian trade really to arm up in response to Bruins-style physicality, as media reported it?

The million-dollar question I want to find out: what would Luongo be worth when the new CBA hits? Will moving him pan out with Vancouver keeping the better goalie (Schneider)?

Archived