Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slegr

Biggest Canuck curiosities

58 posts in this topic

Hockey in BC seems to get as bizarre as our politics at times, and as Canucks fans, we've seen a lot of strange and curious happenings over the decades. The NHL's west coast fishbowl has been witness to the Bertuzzi incident, the Brasheur/McSorley situation, the tragedies of Bourdon and Rypien...there has been no shortage of us being lifted up or broken hearted.

My question to all of you: what are the biggest curiosities and questions gone unanswered that you still have as a fan?

A few curiousities near the top of my list include:

Was Pavel Bure on enhancement performing drugs?

Why has AV never given Ballard a fair chance to succeed?

Why did Jeff Brown go and do what he did?

Others....?

What would have happened if Nathan LaFayette bought his sticks from Cyclone Taylor?

Hockey in BC seems to get as bizarre as our politics at times, and as Canucks fans, we've seen a lot of strange and curious happenings over the decades. The NHL's west coast fishbowl has been witness to the Bertuzzi incident, the Brasheur/McSorley situation, the tragedies of Bourdon and Rypien...there has been no shortage of us being lifted up or broken hearted.

My question to all of you: what are the biggest curiosities and questions gone unanswered that you still have as a fan?

A few curiousities near the top of my list include:

Was Pavel Bure on enhancement performing drugs?

Why has AV never given Ballard a fair chance to succeed?

Why did Jeff Brown go and do what he did?

Others....?

Because he is a guy. And a giant douche. NEXT!

I got a few more:

- Why did it take us this long to retire Pavel's jersey (If we are indeed going too finally)

- What did we project Patrick White to be?

- Why did we trade Neely?

I got a few more:

- Why did it take us this long to retire Pavel's jersey (If we are indeed going too finally)

- What did we project Patrick White to be?

- Why did we trade Neely?

WHat realy happend between bure and managment has always been the biggest question in my mind, lots of speculations but no concrete answers

Why the music wont change

What role (if Hamhuis wasn't successfully signed or if Bieksa had been traded while he was slumping) would Ballard have on this team? Would he be more successful within a Top 4 role?

Was the Cody - Kassian trade really to arm up in response to Bruins-style physicality, as media reported it?

The million-dollar question I want to find out: what would Luongo be worth when the new CBA hits? Will moving him pan out with Vancouver keeping the better goalie (Schneider)?

What actually happened with Luongo? Did he request a trade before trade deadline (heard that somewhere)?