The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Biggest Canuck curiosities

Slegr

I've maintained that if we had never traded Neely, and kept Larionov that alone would have won us a cup in 1994.

If we used the draft pick we gave up for the Neely trade and drafted Sakic, I'm pretty sure we would have had a mini-dynasty.

Linden (play off wing on left side), Sakic, Neely (Mixture of skill, size, and toughness and grit)

Courtnall Larionov Bure (Toughness and skill)

Those top two lines I'd match up against any in the league from 1992 to 1996.

Of course if we simply had good scouts and better management back in the mid to late 80's and early 1990's we would have had less wasted good draft picks. Cough..cough... Antoski, Nedved, Herter, Woodley... <cry>

I've maintained that if we had never traded Neely, and kept Larionov that alone would have won us a cup in 1994.

If we used the draft pick we gave up for the Neely trade and drafted Sakic, I'm pretty sure we would have had a mini-dynasty.

Linden (play off wing on left side), Sakic, Neely (Mixture of skill, size, and toughness and grit)

Courtnall Larionov Bure (Toughness and skill)

Those top two lines I'd match up against any in the league from 1992 to 1996.

Of course if we simply had good scouts and better management back in the mid to late 80's and early 1990's we would have had less wasted good draft picks. Cough..cough... Antoski, Nedved, Herter, Woodley... <cry>

The real difference between Cloutier and Luongo is that nobody ever thought very highly of Cloutier. Luongo on the other hand is praised by many as "elite", "top 3 on the planet", etc., when he has accomplished not much more than Cloutier in the playoffs and has had even worse games.

Here's a question

If Luongo was in our net in the 2002 playoffs, would he have let in the infamous Lidstrom goal?

Would we have taken a 2-0 series lead with Luongo?

How many times in the series would Luongo get ventilated?

Archived