The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van - Tor

This one is better thought out. It's just something I threw together quickly, mentioned it in another thread, but I want more response so here it goes:

Toronto: Roberto Luongo, (Can add aditional mid/lower value piece if needed)

Vancouver: Tyler Bozak, Tyler Biggs, 2nd

- We all know what they get.

- We get a good 3rd line center, a really solid prospect, an important 2nd rounder in a good deep draft.

My only issue is they might not wanna get rid of Biggs but other than that everything else is expendable/not a huge priority for them to keep, so atleast they could give us one of there more coveted prospects.

Give me some feedback!

I agree. I think the roster player - prospect -2nd round pick combo coming back is ideally what the team should aim to acquire for Lu. I also think that it's good that Bozak has had 1st line experience and success (albeit with Toronto :P) but has also played lower down in the ranks, and his versatility can really help the team as he can be counted on to step up in times of injury.

However I don't know if Biggs is the best prospect to come back, since the team already has enough power forward prospects IMO. Other than that it's solid!

Okay I know you guys are going to think I'm nuts but I don't think Toronto would trade Bozak. Now before you call me crazy and tell me to go sit in the corner and think about what I did, hear me out. I don't think the Leafs would trade Bozak UNLESS they got a center in return. The Leafs are extremely weak down the middle. It's kinda crazy how weak they are down the middle. Even though Bozak isn't an amazing center he's one of the best ones they have. I don't see them giving Bozak up unless they get a center in return.

I mean they're so desperate for centers they're going to try and put JVR in the middle. Not a knock on JVR it's just that the dude is a winger. As far as I know he has never played center before.

Anyways it's still a solid proposal. I think when we trade Lu the trade will look similar to this.

Okay I know you guys are going to think I'm nuts but I don't think Toronto would trade Bozak. Now before you call me crazy and tell me to go sit in the corner and think about what I did, hear me out. I don't think the Leafs would trade Bozak UNLESS they got a center in return. The Leafs are extremely weak down the middle. It's kinda crazy how weak they are down the middle. Even though Bozak isn't an amazing center he's one of the best ones they have. I don't see them giving Bozak up unless they get a center in return.

I mean they're so desperate for centers they're going to try and put JVR in the middle. Not a knock on JVR it's just that the dude is a winger. As far as I know he has never played center before.

Anyways it's still a solid proposal. I think when we trade Lu the trade will look similar to this.

if toronto want a top notch goaltender to take them into the playoffs, they will have to give the canucks someone who will make them better. gillis seems to think that toronto has pieces he'ld take for lu. i don't think we'll end up getting enough for lu, but your proposal doesn't look that bad....we'ld probably get the best deals from edmonton and columbus.

Archived