if only it had happened dam canuck management

#2 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,133 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

What if the Canucks got Scotty Niedermayer? Of course they declined because they didn't want Rob. The answer is: nobody knows.
Posted Image

#3 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,056 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

History could have been made (or not).

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#4 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

Hmm another what if scenerio, would have been amazing, the best player ever with two amazing snipers. One can wish.

Edit: Didn't read the title, my bad.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 10 November 2012 - 05:36 PM.

zackass.png

#5 Caboose

Caboose

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,744 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

What if you weren't born?

Jq9Htab.jpg

#6 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,071 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

What if Quinn decided to be patient and waited a few more hours instead of pissing Gretzky off? That probably cost us a Cup or two.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#7 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

how many goals and points would have a line of bure gretzky mogilny put up

Multiple.

hL9YqYN.jpg

#8 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 69,228 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

What if we drafted Datsyuk and Zetterberg?

307mg00.jpg

#9 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

What if you could spell?

#10 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

What if you could spell?

wat*

hL9YqYN.jpg

#11 canuktravella

canuktravella

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

poor leafs fans

#12 Red-Haired_Shanks

Red-Haired_Shanks

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

poor leafs fans

there probably not leafs fans since they have been on this site for far longer than you have supporting the canucks. you should learn some manners
NHL! WHY YOU LOCKOUT!

#13 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,814 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

Personally I think Vancouver was a ruse to get a better deal from the New York Rangers. I think Gretzky was going to New York regardless of how Quinn handled or mis-handled the deal.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#14 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

What if the towel Roger Neilson raised in 1982 was black instead of white

#15 22Sedinery33

22Sedinery33

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

What if Cloutier didn't let that Lidstrom slap shot go in?

Posted Image

#16 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

Personally I think Vancouver was a ruse to get a better deal from the New York Rangers. I think Gretzky was going to New York regardless of how Quinn handled or mis-handled the deal.

Didnt Gretzky himself say he wouldve signed with the Canucks had he not been woken up middle of the night?

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#17 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,071 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

Didnt Gretzky himself say he wouldve signed with the Canucks had he not been woken up middle of the night?

Yea that's what I remember reading. Imagine

Bure - Gretzky - Linden
Courtnall - Ronning - Naslund

That's a Cup winning top six if I've ever seen one.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#18 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

caboose and lahey can shut da frack up

I sense the butthurt in this post

there probably not leafs fans since they have been on this site for far longer than you have supporting the canucks. you should learn some manners

It's funny because Caboose is actually a Leaf fan.

+1 this post!

Posted Image

Credit to Intoewsables :wub: :wub: :wub:

Formerly known as UMADBRO?

Luongo Supporter. Does not deserve any of this BS

#19 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,814 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

I'm sure Gretzky is a great guy, but there is examples when he's not exactly telling the truth.

Like being in Seattle for "just a a football game".

How has Wayne Gretzky escaped blame over Daryl Katz’s adventure in Seattle?

]By Harrison Mooney | Puck Daddy – Thu, 27 Sep, 2012 9:06 AM EDT

The worst part of Daryl Katz's promenade through the city of Seattle on Monday wasn't its heavy-handedness. It wasn't even the way it insulted the patience and intelligence of Edmonton fans.
No, the worst part was that Wayne Gretzky participated in it.
It was a disappointment because Gretzky is near-blameless in Canada, and Katz's play read like such a tone-deaf, transparent ploy that it required the attribution of blame.
Yet, somehow, The Great One has managed to escape it.
Gretzky was part of Katz's crew at Key Arena in Seattle, along with Patrick LaForge and Kevin Lowe, and his presence made it all but a certainty that the group would get spotted. I would posit that this was part of the plan. After all, when the whole point of a tour is to be recognized, having the most recognizable face in hockey is just prudent.
But according to Gretzky, who appeared on the Fan 590 in Toronto on Wednesday to set the record straight and conveniently also smoothed over some of the negative P.R. in the process, he wasn't there for any other reason than to take in the football.

"I'm not involved with the NHL, I'm really not. It's just one of those things where I was invited to go to a football game and I said why not. Any official capacity is absolutely zero. I have no stake or claim in any team in the NHL whatsoever. Went there to enjoy a football game."

See, Wayne Gretzky just looooooooves football -- adores it, can't help but attend it.
Heck, when the Phoenix Coyotes extended his coaching contract in 2006, they should have just paid him in football. The Cardinals were moving into a new building just down the street in Glendale, after all, and Gretzky loves football so much he loses all common sense the moment you promise him seats on the fifty.
Or at least he used to. He's learned his lesson now.
"That's the last time I go to a football game," Gretzky chuckled, and you could almost hear him batting his eye-lashing over the phone.
He turned on the charm and said all the right things during the interview, including the fact that, despite the threat in which he played a part (unwittingly, we're supposed to believe), he believes the chances of the Oilers moving are zero per cent.

"I just don't see (Oilers move) happening. I think over time cooler heads are going to prevail and Daryl and the city will hammer out a deal ... I can't see them moving. It's one of the greatest franchises in the history of professional sports. You don't move a great franchise like that," Gretzky said.
"The NHL does not want franchises to move. They want to build those franchises, stabilize those franchises, and keep the fans that support those teams comfortable."

And with that, everyone breathed a sigh of relief. Gretzky, the pinnacle of Oilerdom, is not working to uproot one of the league's most storied teams and ship 'em to the home of the Totems, and he did not intentionally participate in the Katz Group's Hail Mary.
In fact, the only Hail Mary he was party to on Monday was the one caught cleanly by Seahawks receiver Golden Tate. (Ahem ...)
I assume this is what Gretzky thinks happened at the end of that game, because if he honestly couldn't parse Katz's ulterior motive for the trip, his vision is about on par with the NFL replacement refs.
It's not like Katz was subtle about it. It was one of the most overt attempts at gaining leverage in recent memory, especially two days after the Oilers' Twitter account sent out a tweet threatening their own relocation.
Katz Group Executive VP Bob Black's press release, sent out just after news of the group's presence in Seattle had been given time to simmer, was almost as blatant. It laid it on so thick, I was surprised it didn't include the phrase, Do you see what happens when you find a stranger in the alps? This is what happens, Larry!
Submitted for review:

"I can confirm that Daryl Katz, Patrick LaForge, Kevin Lowe and others from the Oilers leadership group are in Seattle for meetings and to attend the Seahawks game.
"We remain committed to working with City Administration to achieve a deal commensurate with what Winnipeg and Pittsburgh have done to sustain the NHL in those small markets. If we can achieve such a deal, the Oilers will remain in Edmonton and we can get on with the important work of developing the new arena and investing in the continued revitalization of Edmonton's downtown core.

Look at that wording. If we can achieve the deal we want, we'll remain. If we can't, goes the implication, well, goodbye, and good luck fixing up that crummy downtown core.
But Gretzky was an unwitting pawn, innocent as a babe and unaware of the larger scheme. He's not doing anything with the NHL in an official capacity, remember.
Okay, maybe not officially, but the guy is putting in some serious work in an unofficial capacity. He was in Seattle talking about NHL possibilities back in July. (Granted, he took in a Mariners game while he was there, so maybe he just believes in Seattle sports so, so much.) And recall that this isn't Gretzky's first time helping out the Oilers this offseason. He and Paul Coffey made a phone call back in July that was a major reason the franchise now employs Justin Schultz.
"I don't think I said one word when they called. I was in shock," Schultz told the Edmonton Journal. "For them to even take the time to call me, that's something I'll never forget."
Apparently everyone else has.
If it were any other person, none of what Gretzky said Wednesday would be good enough. It's not convincing, especially when juxtaposed with the evidence and the context. But it's Gretzky -- precious, perfect Gretzky -- so everyone took it at face value, un-furrowed and wiped their brows, and moved on.
Canada: Where Wayne Gretzky can do no wrong, you see, and if he does wrong, he must have been tricked.
Our blind trust in Gretzky is understandable, in a sense. Gretzky played in an age of heroes, a time when a player could be called "The Great One" without a hint of irony. Now we're all a bit too jaded and skeptical for that.
But we all miss that time a little, and we hate to see the heroes of that age dragged into this one, where they're just people and someone or something is constantly chipping away at their legacy.
So we fight it, either by building an insulating layer of myth around the man, or, in this case, refusing to believe it when he makes a mistake like one.

Edited by Ghostsof1915, 10 November 2012 - 08:48 PM.

GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#20 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,056 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:48 PM

What if Luongo had been pulled in the blowout loss against Boston instead of staying in to let in all 8 and lose all his confidence with it?

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#21 canuktravella

canuktravella

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:45 AM

ya caboose is a leaf fan look at his profile. Btw ive been a canuck fan since 88, when trevor linden wasrookie playing with butcher, snepts, striko and smyl. At the time i disliked flames still do, but theres nuthing better than mocking leaf fans.

p.s. i feel bad for brian burke because he was handed a royal mess by probably the worsed g.m. ever in john fergus jr. The fact that burke got rid of blakes 5 yr 4 mill per albatross contract amazes me and fleecing flames of phaneuf for two overpaid ufa. Burke just needs to stop trading youth like when he traded the farm for kessel. In a few yrs they might actually make playoffs.

#22 Gally

Gally

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,468 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

ya caboose is a leaf fan look at his profile. Btw ive been a canuck fan since 88, when trevor linden wasrookie playing with butcher, snepts, striko and smyl. At the time i disliked flames still do, but theres nuthing better than mocking leaf fans.

p.s. i feel bad for brian burke because he was handed a royal mess by probably the worsed g.m. ever in john fergus jr. The fact that burke got rid of blakes 5 yr 4 mill per albatross contract amazes me and fleecing flames of phaneuf for two overpaid ufa. Burke just needs to stop trading youth like when he traded the farm for kessel. In a few yrs they might actually make playoffs.

Splng isrnt dat hurd

1zcq151.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

my mom wouldn't let me touch the laptop because I have to stand after I eat....kinda stupid

#23 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,603 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

So after all this useless talk, what actually is your proposal, canuktravella?

Edited by elvis15, 12 November 2012 - 11:21 PM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#24 Monty

Monty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,608 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:27 AM

ya  caboose is a  leaf fan look at his profile.     Btw ive been a  canuck fan since 88, when  trevor linden wasrookie  playing with butcher, snepts,  striko and smyl.   At the time i disliked flames still do,  but theres  nuthing  better than mocking leaf  fans.

p.s.   i feel  bad for brian burke because  he  was handed a  royal mess  by probably the  worsed g.m. ever in  john fergus jr.  The fact  that  burke got rid of  blakes 5 yr 4 mill per albatross contract amazes me  and fleecing  flames   of   phaneuf  for  two overpaid ufa.    Burke just needs to stop  trading youth  like when he traded the farm for kessel.  In a few yrs they might actually make playoffs.

The time you have spent watching the Canucks since '88 probably would have been better served trying to move on past grade 5.

Can you imagine drowning AT a KK Rev concert?

i'm pretty sure that's how zombies are born.

#25 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

What if the Canucks managed to sign a big, veteran first line centre with oodles of leadership experience... like Messier or Sundin? Oh wait...

Gretzky for all we know could have sucked here.

The Sedins, Naslund and Bertuzzi have kind of balanced out the Neely, Gretzky, Messier fails... kind of.

Edited by canucklehead44, 13 November 2012 - 05:46 PM.

Sig too big.

#26 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

how many goals and points would have a line of bure gretzky mogilny put up
if only it had happened dam canuck management

Posted Image

/=S=/

#27 Caboose

Caboose

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,744 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

ya caboose is a leaf fan look at his profile.

I am a Leafs fan, but that's just my hockey pool roster lol.

Jq9Htab.jpg

#28 Ryan Murray

Ryan Murray

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

I'm sure Gretzky is a great guy, but there is examples when he's not exactly telling the truth.

Like being in Seattle for "just a a football game".

How has Wayne Gretzky escaped blame over Daryl Katz’s adventure in Seattle?

]By Harrison Mooney | Puck Daddy – Thu, 27 Sep, 2012 9:06 AM EDT

The worst part of Daryl Katz's promenade through the city of Seattle on Monday wasn't its heavy-handedness. It wasn't even the way it insulted the patience and intelligence of Edmonton fans.
No, the worst part was that Wayne Gretzky participated in it.
It was a disappointment because Gretzky is near-blameless in Canada, and Katz's play read like such a tone-deaf, transparent ploy that it required the attribution of blame.
Yet, somehow, The Great One has managed to escape it.
Gretzky was part of Katz's crew at Key Arena in Seattle, along with Patrick LaForge and Kevin Lowe, and his presence made it all but a certainty that the group would get spotted. I would posit that this was part of the plan. After all, when the whole point of a tour is to be recognized, having the most recognizable face in hockey is just prudent.
But according to Gretzky, who appeared on the Fan 590 in Toronto on Wednesday to set the record straight and conveniently also smoothed over some of the negative P.R. in the process, he wasn't there for any other reason than to take in the football.

"I'm not involved with the NHL, I'm really not. It's just one of those things where I was invited to go to a football game and I said why not. Any official capacity is absolutely zero. I have no stake or claim in any team in the NHL whatsoever. Went there to enjoy a football game."

See, Wayne Gretzky just looooooooves football -- adores it, can't help but attend it.
Heck, when the Phoenix Coyotes extended his coaching contract in 2006, they should have just paid him in football. The Cardinals were moving into a new building just down the street in Glendale, after all, and Gretzky loves football so much he loses all common sense the moment you promise him seats on the fifty.
Or at least he used to. He's learned his lesson now.
"That's the last time I go to a football game," Gretzky chuckled, and you could almost hear him batting his eye-lashing over the phone.
He turned on the charm and said all the right things during the interview, including the fact that, despite the threat in which he played a part (unwittingly, we're supposed to believe), he believes the chances of the Oilers moving are zero per cent.

"I just don't see (Oilers move) happening. I think over time cooler heads are going to prevail and Daryl and the city will hammer out a deal ... I can't see them moving. It's one of the greatest franchises in the history of professional sports. You don't move a great franchise like that," Gretzky said.
"The NHL does not want franchises to move. They want to build those franchises, stabilize those franchises, and keep the fans that support those teams comfortable."

And with that, everyone breathed a sigh of relief. Gretzky, the pinnacle of Oilerdom, is not working to uproot one of the league's most storied teams and ship 'em to the home of the Totems, and he did not intentionally participate in the Katz Group's Hail Mary.
In fact, the only Hail Mary he was party to on Monday was the one caught cleanly by Seahawks receiver Golden Tate. (Ahem ...)
I assume this is what Gretzky thinks happened at the end of that game, because if he honestly couldn't parse Katz's ulterior motive for the trip, his vision is about on par with the NFL replacement refs.
It's not like Katz was subtle about it. It was one of the most overt attempts at gaining leverage in recent memory, especially two days after the Oilers' Twitter account sent out a tweet threatening their own relocation.
Katz Group Executive VP Bob Black's press release, sent out just after news of the group's presence in Seattle had been given time to simmer, was almost as blatant. It laid it on so thick, I was surprised it didn't include the phrase, Do you see what happens when you find a stranger in the alps? This is what happens, Larry!
Submitted for review:

"I can confirm that Daryl Katz, Patrick LaForge, Kevin Lowe and others from the Oilers leadership group are in Seattle for meetings and to attend the Seahawks game.
"We remain committed to working with City Administration to achieve a deal commensurate with what Winnipeg and Pittsburgh have done to sustain the NHL in those small markets. If we can achieve such a deal, the Oilers will remain in Edmonton and we can get on with the important work of developing the new arena and investing in the continued revitalization of Edmonton's downtown core.

Look at that wording. If we can achieve the deal we want, we'll remain. If we can't, goes the implication, well, goodbye, and good luck fixing up that crummy downtown core.
But Gretzky was an unwitting pawn, innocent as a babe and unaware of the larger scheme. He's not doing anything with the NHL in an official capacity, remember.
Okay, maybe not officially, but the guy is putting in some serious work in an unofficial capacity. He was in Seattle talking about NHL possibilities back in July. (Granted, he took in a Mariners game while he was there, so maybe he just believes in Seattle sports so, so much.) And recall that this isn't Gretzky's first time helping out the Oilers this offseason. He and Paul Coffey made a phone call back in July that was a major reason the franchise now employs Justin Schultz.
"I don't think I said one word when they called. I was in shock," Schultz told the Edmonton Journal. "For them to even take the time to call me, that's something I'll never forget."
Apparently everyone else has.
If it were any other person, none of what Gretzky said Wednesday would be good enough. It's not convincing, especially when juxtaposed with the evidence and the context. But it's Gretzky -- precious, perfect Gretzky -- so everyone took it at face value, un-furrowed and wiped their brows, and moved on.
Canada: Where Wayne Gretzky can do no wrong, you see, and if he does wrong, he must have been tricked.
Our blind trust in Gretzky is understandable, in a sense. Gretzky played in an age of heroes, a time when a player could be called "The Great One" without a hint of irony. Now we're all a bit too jaded and skeptical for that.
But we all miss that time a little, and we hate to see the heroes of that age dragged into this one, where they're just people and someone or something is constantly chipping away at their legacy.
So we fight it, either by building an insulating layer of myth around the man, or, in this case, refusing to believe it when he makes a mistake like one.

Was at the football game when he was there, got his autograph!
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#29 Raymond Ballard and a 1st

Raymond Ballard and a 1st

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

What if Mason Raymond knew how to finish?

#30 canuktravella

canuktravella

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:55 AM

bahaha raymond will never learn to finish hes garbage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.