flyers panthers avs - canucks

hows these trades and arnott signing sound

jamie mcginn (Big mean) ryan o byrne (bc boy) for ballard tanev

edler booth for sean couturier(young solid) matt read (gritty) 1st round pick

luongo 2nd round for gudbranson

lines-

1st sedin sedin mcginn/arnott big man gives sedins more space

2nd kesler couturier burrows couturier could feed these two snipers and kesler

would help balance defense on this line.

3rd matt read lapps arnott/hansen shutdown and grit

4th kassian manny higgins shutdown grit

d pairings hamhuis bieska garrison gudbranson o byrne connauton

sauve alberts

- No to the first one, we don't need another 2nd/3rd liner, and I don't think they wanna trade McGinn anyways, plus our defense becomes significantly weaker.

- No to the 2nd one, it's a huge step back on our current roster, it pretty much destroys our cup chances.

- No to the 3rd one, I don't think they wanna give up Gudbranson, and as much as I like him I think we could get something that would be more useful for right now and for the future, if we got a package of a couple lesser pieces.

Daniel Sedin / Henrik Sedin / (Jamie McGinn/Jason Arnott)

Ryan Kesler / Sean Couturier / Alexandre Burrows

Matt Read / Maxime Lapierre / (Jason Arnott/Jannik Hansen)

Zack Kassian / Manny Malhotra / Chris Higgins

Dan Hamhuis / Kevin Bieksa

Jason Garrison / Erik Gudbranson

Ryan O'Byrne / Kevin Connauton

--Yann Sauve, Andrew Alberts

The only deal I would want is the Arnott signing and that's as the 3rd line center and to play in front of the net on PP #1; other than that,

Jamie McGinn (Big mean), Ryan O'Byrne (BC boy) for Ballard, Tanev

- McGinn's another tweener and ROB doesn't fit the fluid two-way style that MG likes to have from his back end; Tanev should be getting better as he's training his shot and should become more valuable; Ballard probably just gets lost in the mix of puck-movers in Colorado and not sure they'd want him as their young D-men gain more experience together

Edler Booth for Sean Couturier(young, solid) Matt Read (gritty) 1st round pick

- The team is pretty set at center, no need to give up Edler and Booth to get two more when the team needs a Top 6 scoring winger for this price, along with a stable Top 4 with Edler or someone of his calibre (Gudbranson's not the guy) which leads me to the next trade...

Luongo 2nd round for Gudbranson :picard: are you serious? If I'm Florida I'd run away with this deal; what has Erik proven so far that you would even throw in a second for your proven starter, just because of media pressure that Lu wants to go so he's only worth that much in a trade for a "stud" rookie?

It's 1, 2, 3 strikes! I'm out for these pro-posed trades (sing it out :P)

tanev is solid defensively shot blocking and can skate but he has absolutely no offense i think hes gonna be traded the way sauve and connauton are playing in chicago and corrado lighting up the sudbury wolves hes in top 6 for ohl dmen scoring. i dont seee tanev making this team hes slowly going down the depth chart

price for canucks trading edler would be steep.

a) couturier got 27 points as a rookie top 10 draft hes a stud wait til the season starts

B) read got 47 points hes gritty and hits everything

c) 1st rounder

if they want someone to replaces pronger they would have to pay that kinda price for edler. seeing they failed to get webber.

tanev is solid defensively shot blocking and can skate but he has absolutely no offense i think hes gonna be traded the way sauve and connauton are playing in chicago and corrado lighting up the sudbury wolves hes in top 6 for ohl dmen scoring. i dont seee tanev making this team hes slowly going down the depth chart

solidd defense corps when edlers on his game, but hes inconsistent especially in last yrs playoffs plus he has a bad back thats gonna need a second surgery.

If we traded edler i could seee hamhuis bieska garrison ballard as our top four, but the coach doesnt like ballard for some reason. i cant justify ballard being on 3rd pairing with a salary of 4.2 mill and a coach who has no faith in him.

price for canucks trading edler would be steep.

a) couturier got 27 points as a rookie top 10 draft hes a stud wait til the season starts

B) read got 47 points hes gritty and hits everything

c) 1st rounder

if they want someone to replaces pronger they would have to pay that kinda price for edler. seeing they failed to get webber.

Archived