The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

This is time I've made a proposal, I'm just thinking that this might be a good idea since we're lacking center depth and Columbus's defense is quite thin. This trade can meet both our needs. I know most of you are already rolling your eyes at another "ballard" trade, but please look at it this way.

To VAN: Artem Anisimov

To CBJ: Ballard

Ballard isn't getting much ice time with the Canucks he is a true top 4 defense man and he can shine in Columbus.

We need center depth with Kesler out with injury we can play Anisimov and when kesler does come back he can play on the third line. We are lacking size and this guy is 6''4 at 210 pounds that's quite a big guy for someone only 24.

Thanks for taking your time to read this.

This is time I've made a proposal, I'm just thinking that this might be a good idea since we're lacking center depth and Columbus's defense is quite thin. This trade can meet both our needs. I know most of you are already rolling your eyes at another "ballard" trade, but please look at it this way.

To VAN: Artem Anisimov

To CBJ: Ballard

Ballard isn't getting much ice time with the Canucks he is a true top 4 defense man and he can shine in Columbus.

We need center depth with Kesler out with injury we can play Anisimov and when kesler does come back he can play on the third line. We are lacking size and this guy is 6''4 at 210 pounds that's quite a big guy for someone only 24.

Thanks for taking your time to read this.

Ballard is so damn bad, he's not even a top 4 in Columbus. Tell me, of these 4, which one is he better than?

Nikita Nikitin

James Wisniewski

Jack Johnson

Fedor Tyutin

Plus they also have Adrian Aucoin or even Ryan Murray. Yah, the CBJ don't need more defence.

Yah, none of them.

Absolutely.

Nikitin 7 goals, 25 assists 32 points, only finished a -5 on a very bad CBJ team and also blocks more shots than your star Ballard and only made 600k last year

Ballard 1 goal, 6 assists 7 points and made 4.2 mil!

I know who I'll pick!

I don't see why all of you are jumping the gun so quickly, Ballard gets almost no ice time here and he is 6 or 7th on our defensive depth while before he got here he put up around 30points. Murray is still a rookie( knock on wood) but how do you know he won't get a career ending injury or if he's a draft bust? Aucoin is 39 he's going to retire soon.

I don't see why all of you are jumping the gun so quickly, Ballard gets almost no ice time here and he is 6 or 7th on our defensive depth while before he got here he put up around 30points. Murray is still a rookie( knock on wood) but how do you know he won't get a career ending injury or if he's a draft bust? Aucoin is 39 he's going to retire soon.

Because that's what other GMs go by. Why not trade for Scott Gomez and Wade Redden? Both of them were great players and put up a lot of points before they got traded. Would you offer up anything of value for those 2? How is Ballard any different? While we're at it, why not give Cheechoo a tryout? He scored 56 goals however many years ago.

And who's fault is that? It's Ballards! I'll trust the one time Coach of the Year, the winningist head coach in Canucks history, the coach that led to this team to back to back Presidents Trophy and one win from winning it all over Keith Ballard anyday! If Coach V is wrong, then so be it. Ok, answer me this, who would you rank Ballard ahead of? Hamhuis? Bieksa? Salo? Edler? Ehrhoff? And now with Garrison How can the coach give him more playing time when he's clearly not as good as those guys?

i agree with coach V's playing rome over ballard in many games....rome gave the team steady, safe defensive play. ballard, while more talented, made poor decisions, that left him out of position. in coach V's system, if you don't play the game he wants you to play, you don't play. he said he liked ballard's game while playing with tanev...that's because tanev could play defensively so well.

ballard is a player we all wanted, and still do, to play top 4 minutes...he won't get that because some fans believe he deserves it..he has to prove himself on the ice. ballard can't play effectively on the right side, nor can edler. that means he has to beat out edler or hamhuis for that job...i love his speed and sometimes i think they should convert him to left wing. hopefully he makes believers of all of us this year.

• 2 months later...

Archived