van riemsdyk kesler burrows

kassian laps higgins

hansen manny arnott/mallet

hamhuis bieska

garrison ballard

rielly sauve

connauton corrado

tanev alberts

You're proposing other teams trading their best assets for the Canucks' garbage.

Both trades are not even close.

If Anaheim trades Perry, they're going to rebuild. They don't want players in their late 20s underacheiving or pending UFAs.

Toronto isn't going to trade their best young players for Luongo, no one else will either.

A pet peeve of mine are posts like these. Like, give an example as to why Toronto wouldn't trade one of their best prospects for Luongo instead of just flat out saying they won't.

If trading one of your best young players means you can improve substantially in another position, without giving up a top six forward or top 4 D man, why not go for it?

Luongo doesn't have that value.

You're going to say something like he will make them a playoff team, improve them immensely, ....

I'm going to say it's his contract and the fact he hasn't proven to be a difference maker goaltender

You're going to come with these stretches he played great in Vancouver and he has a great cap hit

I'm going to say he choked and it's the term

You're going to say the team choked and he'll retire before then

I'm going to say he didn't steal a series when the Canucks needed it and you don't know when he'll retire

The point of the matter is if those are the pieces that you think the Leafs would trade for Luongo, they could get a better goaltender than that and or a #1 centre with those assets.

The last time a high-calibre goaltender was traded was Halak and he went for a top prospect (Eller) and a mediocre prospect (Schultz). I don't think anyone's going to argue that Halak is better than Luongo, although he does have a more manageable contract.

Toronto can keep missing the playoffs for all I care. Luongo isn't far removed from being a Vezina finalist and a Stanley Cup appearance.

Of course, only on this forum is potential skill > actual skill.

Luongo absolutely has that value, you just can't see it because you have the Lu hater blinders on.

Luongo could very easily make the Leafs a playoff team, not much one could argue on that statement.

Time and time again people have told you and King Luongo's contract isn't even that bad, and with the new CBA it will be even better.

And there aren't many goalies (if any) currently on the market that are better than Luongo.

Just because you can get 1000 people from this board to say that Luongo is as valuble as Stamkos doesn't mean it's right. If anything, whatever the majority believes on this board when it comes to trade means it is not likely true.

I will bet you a sig bet for a year that Vancouver doesn't get any one of Rielly, Gardiner or Van Riemsdyk FOR Luongo if traded to Toronto.

Put your money where your mouth is kid.

Unless the new CBA (if there is one anytime soon) puts the cap up to 70mil , the canucks are over the cap and Roberto Luongo becomes virtually worthless in trade value.

We would have to put him on waivers because the only teams that have the cap room to take him are bottom feeders he would never agree to go to in the first place.

The owners demand of a roll back makes Luongo an albatross around our neck with nowhere to go.

I have no idea what Gillis is going to do but certainly in hindsight the Luongo signing is the second worst in canucks history behind the Messier signing.

None of this means Lui aint a good goalie. He is . But his contract has crushed his value. Gillis should have taken what he could get if there were actual offers on the table.

Luongo doesn't have that value.

You're going to say something like he will make them a playoff team, improve them immensely, ....

I'm going to say it's his contract and the fact he hasn't proven to be a difference maker goaltender

You're going to come with these stretches he played great in Vancouver and he has a great cap hit

I'm going to say he choked and it's the term

You're going to say the team choked and he'll retire before then

I'm going to say he didn't steal a series when the Canucks needed it and you don't know when he'll retire

The point of the matter is if those are the pieces that you think the Leafs would trade for Luongo, they could get a better goaltender than that and or a #1 centre with those assets.

Archived