The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jesus, Conservative or liberal?

Harbinger

Jesus, Political leanings  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes, because sarcasm is easy to detect with the written word with no understanding of the speaker's personality. (Sarcasm btw).

You also seem to not understand why there are so many versions of the bible. You should study a little more. That's fairly basic knowledge.

Actually it is much more difficult to be a lawyer than a "Christian".

You have to actually obtain an undergrad degree with top marks academically (A- average the last time checked for my alma mater), then do really well on the Law School Admission Test (top 5 percentile) to get into law school. Three years of intense study and a year as an articled student (think indentured servant at the money being paid) and then you have to pass the Bar Admission exam, pay a whack of money yearly for professional membership fees and liability insurance. Oh yeah and then you are required to take a number of Continuing legal Education courses approved by the Law Society.

And to claim to be a Christian... Read a book of fairy tales?

Better person? I was talking about wacky ideas and tortured interpretations.

Jesus was a character in a poorly written book of fiction called the Bible.

Given the extremely subjective nature of this Jesus' existence, and all the other fiction espoused in that book, he's whatever you want him to be, much in the way that tangibly occurs in the real world with such fictional idols and the inherently subjective qualities that they supposedly possess.

Actually it is much more difficult to be a lawyer than a "Christian".

You have to actually obtain an undergrad degree with top marks academically (A- average the last time checked for my alma mater), then do really well on the Law School Admission Test (top 5 percentile) to get into law school. Three years of intense study and a year as an articled student (think indentured servant at the money being paid) and then you have to pass the Bar Admission exam, pay a whack of money yearly for professional membership fees and liability insurance. Oh yeah and then you are required to take a number of Continuing legal Education courses approved by the Law Society.

And to claim to be a Christian... Read a book of fairy tales?

Better person? I was talking about wacky ideas and tortured interpretations.

All of our personal interpretations of anything Jesus related that we project upon others are wrong. Speaking and projecting on behalf of someone who has been dead for thousands of years is idiotic. I do in no way denounce anyone's personal beliefs but attempting to establish which side the main protagonist in this particular story book would pick given the choice is never ending.

I beg to differ .. I am very tolerant of every race, creed and belief .. I am impatient with those who seek to place their values upon others .. 'believe what you will, just keep it to yourself unless asked' is my motto .. I strongly believe in "God" .. but he is my God and I am not sharing him with anyone else ..

I consider spirituality to be a very personal matter, and only to be shared appropriately ..

Archived