The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jesus, Conservative or liberal?

Harbinger

Jesus, Political leanings  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So here we go. Many Conservatives believe they are doing Gods work. Most liberals think that If there was a God there is no way he is a Conservative. The question there arises if he isn't a Conservative then is he Liberal. Or Is he conservative as the Conservatives believe today?

The bible is pretty clear that Jesus is protector of the people who can not do for themselves, The poor the disabled the oppressed. He opposed money as was shown when he flips the money changers tables in Jerusalem. Does this on the other hand promote militancy as long as it righteous?

In my mind Jesus is as Liberal as they come. Jesus would be the ultimate Liberal in my mind. Willing to battle for the poor and the needy the right man to battle the rich and the oppressors.

Jesus' actions in the Temple of throwing the money lenders tables over is actually more evidence of his social liberalism. He was in fact standing against those with money and power who were taking advantage of the poorer disadvantaged people. He showed that he was against the political structure of the church (the biggest complaint of many churches today, especially the Roman Catholic Church).

Although he never approved of the actions of theives, adulterers, murderers, etc. he always loved them and showed them a better way to live.

I agree, but people can intrepret the Bible many different ways.

Remember, not believing in Jesus will bring a punishment of eternal suffering, and yet, he is known for his 'mercy'.

He also will forgive thieves and murderers who believe in him with no thought for earthly justice.

In short, the 'Jesus' persona is whatever people want him to be, and as such, he is all over the damn place.

I agree, but people can intrepret the Bible many different ways.

Remember, not believing in Jesus will bring a punishment of eternal suffering, and yet, he is known for his 'mercy'.

He also will forgive thieves and murderers who believe in him with no thought for earthly justice.

In short, the 'Jesus' persona is whatever people want him to be, and as such, he is all over the damn place.

Archived