The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Questions regarding Lou and the amnesty clause....Answers please

nuck luck

I'm sorry, Luongo will never be mentioned in the same breath as Roy or Brodeur. Those guys have multiple Stanley Cups, Vezinas, Jennings, All-star appearances, Hall of Fame inductions (Roy now, Brodeur later), and are 1-2 in wins regular season and playoffs.

As for Fleury and Niemi winning cups and Luongo not, those guys were clutch when they needed to be for as long as it took to win their respective cups. Luongo never has been and with his track record of melting down might never will be. He is going on 34 years old so he has very few years to get his sh*t together.

Lol at people saying Thomas played like a god. He looked like a sieve against Tampa. Rinne almost got spanked the series before too.

Every year in the playoffs, every goalie the Canucks play look like a god. The ONLY time we've been scoring in recent history was when we ate SJ's crapty D alive. Every other goalie, even Crawford, would look like a god randomly. Even though they were exposed and exploited even in prior series. Not sure how Nashville can give up so many goals then look like they have a goalie god the very next series, or how Tampa can all but bend over Boston offensively, yet we come in and look incompetent at scoring.

The current Canucks team sucks at playoff offense, and we are extremely susceptible to injury and crappy defense on top of that. It was amazing how Keith and Seabrook can clear rebounds in front of mediocre goalies, yet we had 6-7 guys rotating in and they can't even defend a rush randomly.

Could Luongo have pulled a Hasek and carried the Canucks? Sure, but you show me an 'elite' goalie and I'll point out a team that either traps, or has amazing defenders. Luongo did what Thomas, Rinne, and Quick did on a florida team that blew.

People use to want to trade Luongo for Mason on CBJ. And people on CDC always use to whack off to Leclaire too. News flash, when their massively defensive coach left, both of those goalies sucked.

And I'm just seriously sorry, but our defense is just not on par with anyone Luongo gets compared with these days. In 06 Canucks played the trap and Luongo looked like the second coming of christ. After that year, Canucks tried to play all in offensively from the back, and I'm not sure why, because our defense just isn't good at doing that stuff. They're slow, and make a lot of bad decisions. Boston is one of the better defensive teams and has a superstar logging big minutes. Nashville is extremely tight defensively and had two stars. Honestly, Luongo and Lundqvist have been the most consistent goalies on mediocre or sketchy D teams in the last decade. NYR trapped but they still kinda blew. Vancouver has a good team but they don't really play a conservative style. Our D like to pinch and fail and give up loads of oddman rushes and breaks.

People all think Schneids is the next Quick or something... I think everyone is gonna regret and miss trading Lu, he's a star through and through and no matter what haters or doubters say, he will go down as one of the best. Maybe not quite as good as Roy or Brodeur, but definitely just under and around that same calibre. I mean if Fleury and Niemi can win cups, I know Lu can do it too.

Forget seeing him on some crappy team like Toronto that in all likelihood won't even come close to winning a cup in the next 10 years or a Florida team that won't either.. I'd like to see him playing on a team like Philly as you stated, or Detroit or even Chicago. I wish him all the best no matter how it turns out in any case-- Schneids will do good, don't sweat it. :blink:

All that aside, I hope we see a new CBA so we can start watching hockey by Dec 1st, what a great birthday present that would be! :P

Would bet you anything that Lu will retire not in the top 10 in playoff wins because he has to more than double his current total and then some to do that.

If you think it is fair to compare Lu to Brodeur and Roy then you are beyond stupid.

Lu has about the 1/5 of playoff wins as Roy,,,1/3 of Brodeur.

Roy and Broduer combined for 7 stanley cups and 7 vezinas,,,Lu has ZERO.

Lu came to a Canucks team that average 99 points for the 3 seasons prior to being traded here. A team that had the Sedins, Burrows, Kesler ready to become good/stars in this league and in Lu's 6 years here has 32 playoff wins for an average of 5.33 or 1 million dollars salary for an ungodly length of time per playoff win.

Of course the Sedins, Burrows and Kesler were on the way to become stars in the league. Because Luongo would save their a$$ night after night, giving them time to develop slowly without having the media writing cr*p about them because Luongo's stellar performances took away all the attention.

Do you really think the Sedins would have stayed in Vancouver if Luongo wasn't here? I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't want to be on an average team, and make over $1 million less than what Toronto was offering....

Why is it everyone who defends Luongo's performance in the finals against Boston always seem to AVOID the fact Thomas won the Conn Smythe

Why is it they also AVOID the shots on goal in that series? The bruins did not outshoot the canucks. The canucks offense did not SHUT DOWN..

Tim Thomas was noticably better than Roberto Luongo was. Why is that so hard to admit?

The shots and scoring chances were actually in the canucks favor slightly.

Why is it everyone who defends Luongo's performance in the finals against Boston always seem to AVOID the fact Thomas won the Conn Smythe

Why is it they also AVOID the shots on goal in that series? The bruins did not outshoot the canucks. The canucks offense did not SHUT DOWN..

Tim Thomas was noticably better than Roberto Luongo was. Why is that so hard to admit?

The shots and scoring chances were actually in the canucks favor slightly.

Archived