The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Questions regarding Lou and the amnesty clause....Answers please

nuck luck

He's on the same level as all the elite goalie of this era, maybe better. Everyone has bad moments I don't understand why we're so angry at Luongo for making a couple of mistakes last year. Everyone's constant harping isn't making him feel any better. I know he had some bad mistakes and I too want something of good value in return for his trade if he does end up leaving our team. I just want him to leave on a good note as one of the best goalies of our franchise and not as someone who shatter our dreams for Lord Stanley.

Sorry if i'm wrong but isn't he 2nd in the league with most shutouts as an active player only behind Brodeur?

He's on the same level as all the elite goalie of this era, maybe better. Everyone has bad moments I don't understand why we're so angry at Luongo for making a couple of mistakes last year. Everyone's constant harping isn't making him feel any better. I know he had some bad mistakes and I too want something of good value in return for his trade if he does end up leaving our team. I just want him to leave on a good note as one of the best goalies of our franchise and not as someone who shatter our dreams for Lord Stanley.

Sorry if i'm wrong but isn't he 2nd in the league with most shutouts as an active player only behind Brodeur?

With comments like "Might never will be"?

Jennings

Game 7 SCF

Multiple Vezina nominations.

In five seasons with Florida, Luongo established team records for most all-time games played, wins and shutouts.

Following his second year with the Canucks, he became the first NHL goaltender to serve as a team captain since 1947–48 season

In Vancouver, Luongo has become the team's all-time wins and shutouts leader.

Internationally, Luongo has competed for Team Canada in numerous tournaments. As a junior, he won a silver medal at the 1999 World Junior Championships, while being named Best Goaltender in his second tournament appearance. Luongo has won two gold medals at the 2003 and 2004 World Championships and a silver in the 2005 World Championships. He also won the 2004 World Cup championship and appeared in the 2006 Winter Olympics in Turin as a backup to Martin Brodeur in both instances. He succeeded Brodeur as Canada's starting goaltender during the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, winning a gold medal.

Luongo has a better SV% than both Roy and Brodeur and a better GAA than Roy (That may change by the time he retires, only time will tell).

Pretty impressive resume if you ask me.

Although he has not won a Stanly Cup yet, you're ignorance and willingness to try and discredit the man because "he didn't win you a Stanly Cup" is ridiculous.

Win or not, Luongo will go down in hockey history as one of the best to play the game (with Roy / Brodeur) in this generation, despite your uneducated opinion.

lu embarrassed this team and this city both on and off the ice in the scf.

bring up injuries (or refs or nhl conspiracy) all you want. bottom line is that his job was to close the door so that the team in front of him, regardless of the obstacles in their path would still have a chance to win. he failed to do that big time in all three games in Boston and more importantly in the biggest game of his life, the one that all canadian kids dream of being the hero in, game 7 of the scf.

lu embarrassed this team and this city both on and off the ice in the scf.

bring up injuries (or refs or nhl conspiracy) all you want. bottom line is that his job was to close the door so that the team in front of him, regardless of the obstacles in their path would still have a chance to win. he failed to do that in all three games in Boston and more importantly in the biggest game of his life, the one that all canadian kids dream of being the hero in, game 7 of the scf.

Bostons goalie won the conn smythe trophy.

If you look at the shots on goal in the series, the Bruins had no real advantage.

Again, if the shots are virtually the same , and the one goalie wins the MVP, stands to reason it aint the scorers.

Captain obvious says .............Luongo was good in 3 games......................Thomas was good in 7 games.

Thats where your logic is flawed, a big fat ZERO will not win you games.

1 goal or 8 goals, a loss is a loss. Even if Boston only scored 1 goal, the Canucks scored ZERO! which is still a loss.

Like I said before, Thomas only let in 1 less goal in the Tampa series than Luongo did in the Boston series, difference is....wait for it....HIS TEAM SCORED TOO!!

The problem with you is that when the team plays bad you expect Luongo to bail them out, but when Luongo plays bad you dump on him instead of putting the shoe on the other foot and expecting the rest of the team to bail him out.

The scoring was not there, neither was the defence, Luongo cannot be expected to steal every game in a 7 game series, except for people like you who have been spoiled and have unrealistic expectations.

Well game three the offense would have to score nine goals to win... not going to happen. Game 4 he lets in 4 goals in 4 minutes ends up with .800 save percentage, not going to win with stats like that either. Game 6 he lets in 3 goals on 12 shots for a blistering .750 save percentage... again, not going to win against Thomas. Game 7 they should have won... but Luongo kept letting in goal after goal and Thomas played great. Yes the team lost... but Luongo played horrible in the losses and Thomas played like a Vezina winner does.

If they could have gone into the third periods in those games trailing by a goal each game, they would have had a fighting chance.

Well game three the offense would have to score nine goals to win... not going to happen. Game 4 he lets in 4 goals in 4 minutes ends up with .800 save percentage, not going to win with stats like that either. Game 6 he lets in 3 goals on 12 shots for a blistering .750 save percentage... again, not going to win against Thomas. Game 7 they should have won... but Luongo kept letting in goal after goal and Thomas played great. Yes the team lost... but Luongo played horrible in the losses and Thomas played like a Vezina winner does.

If they could have gone into the third periods in those games trailing by a goal each game, they would have had a fighting chance.

Archived