Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Proposal]Sean O'Donnell?

Proposal

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Would Sean O'Donnell be a good depth defenseman? (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Would Sean O'Donnell be a good depth defenseman?

1. Yes, he's a better option than Alberts and Joslin (1 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

2. No, I'm fine with Alberts and Joslin (5 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. No, Connauton or Sauve can fill in (4 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 mrsasaki

mrsasaki

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

would he be a good 7/8D? he's a solid depth guy, and a good leader. he's not a liability in his own end, and would proabably settle for about 800K. he's played over 1200 games in the NHL, and been in the SCF, I'm sure Vancouver would be a prefered destination for him as he seeks a cup in the end of his career. He's more skilled than Alberts, that's for sure. And it sounds like Joslin has played really crappy in the AHL. Also, I'd would rather have Sauve and K-Conn spend another year in the minors while they develop, and it sounds like Connauton isn't as NHL-ready as people thought. So what do you think?
CDC Sim Connected: Nashville GM
LOB (PS3): Boston GM

#2 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

Our depth is fine.
Hamhuis / Bieksa
Edler / Garrison
Ballard / Tanev
--Alberts, Connauton, Sauve

If we were looking for another 7/8 d-man, I'd prefer Vandermeer, Campoli or Foster if they would go for 7/800k.

hL9YqYN.jpg

#3 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,141 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

sorry, too slow and getting up there in years (41 now).

Would rather see what Sauve can do, and I would think that at the least he (Yann) could become a decent shutdown guy

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#4 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,326 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

Our depth is fine.
Hamhuis / Bieksa
Edler / Garrison
Ballard / Tanev
--Alberts, Connauton, Sauve

If we were looking for another 7/8 d-man, I'd prefer Vandermeer, Campoli or Foster if they would go for 7/800k.

Agreed. There are much better options than O'Donnell that are available.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#5 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,358 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

I think he is done. Last year he might have been a decent pick-up as his 2010-2011 numbers were quite solid (81 games, 7 fights and 18 points - second highest career total). He has been durable during his career, playing in at least 70 games every season except 96-97 and last season where he was scratched a lot. Good proposal but a couple years late.

Edited by canucklehead44, 12 November 2012 - 07:49 PM.

Sig too big.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.