Posted Image

#3 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,313 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

No special thanks to Patt Quinn? I guess he was lumped in with management.

Looks like Bettman and Daly showed up. I'm sure they weren't too popular there.

Also Candace Cameron from full house grew up good. She's pretty hot still.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#4 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

Pavel bure first canucks to the HHOF? His best year were in Vancouver

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#5 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,424 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

Bettman devil horns a nice touch.

Is it just me, or does Pat Quinn look younger?
Posted Image

#6 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,463 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

This must have be really tough for Pavel. Public speaking in your second language is tough enough. But for a person that's very private and reserved, ouch.

Good job Pavel!

You're still welcome back in Vancouver anytime. I just hope if you're kid is a boy that the Canucks start scouting him right away. :)
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#7 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,313 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

The hall of fame legends game is worth the watch. Bure gets on the score sheet a few times.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#8 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 24,966 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

I love that Candace Cameron was sitting next to Bettman. She should dip into her Full House bag of tricks and make Bettman a nicer person lol

Was hoping that Bure would single out Quinn and Odjick but I guess there are too many people to name.

Congrats to him on a well deserved honour.
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#9 Cannucker

Cannucker

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

Love the little touch added at around the 6:57 mark on bettman

#10 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,463 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

Does anyone feel old when they say guys like Sakic, Sundin, Bure and Oates are in the "modern era"?
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#11 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

Just watched part of the clip on global news, all squire barnes could talk about was how little he mentioned vancouver and that he probably should have talked more about the canucks. And mentioned that bure and vancouver have a love hate relationship...

I HATE THE MEDIA HERE, WHAT A NEGATIVE COMMENT, WHO PICKS APART AN INDUCTION SPEECH. HE WAS PROBABLY NERVOUS!!!

@$$ hats like him and a lot more are probably why some players dont want to come play here..

Congrats Bure!!! The real fans in Van respect what u did on the ice for the Canucks!

#12 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,204 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

didn't want to start another thread but is there a full version of the game thought tsn was going to do it but only has it slotted for 1 hour right now and they have been dropping in and out of the game showing ads and doing random interviews

#13 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,463 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

Bjorie Salming seems to be playing better than Sakic. Nice to see Pavel still has the skillz.

Edited by Ghostsof1915, 12 November 2012 - 08:24 PM.

GO CANUCKS GO!

Posted Image

#14 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,910 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

very good speach Bure. He didn't mention any names, nor did he mention any teams. It's a great honor to finally have a player that was Drafted Under Vancouver make the Hall of fame.
November 20th 2013, Canucks just lost their 5th straight game. Last time this happened the Canucks, they missed the playoffs.

#15 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

Congrats Pavel! You were an inspiration to me as a hockey player, and fan of the game growing up. I have been a Canucks fan since 1990, and the reason why I started following Vancouver is b/c of Pavel Bure. I Still love the Canucks even though I'm from T.O. Vancouver will be my favorite team for the rest of my life. This is a fantastic moment to experience watching my favorite player be inducted into the Hall of Fame..

#16 Mauii

Mauii

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

I was going to say....looks like Bure still has mad skillz and good to go. Would be interesting to see him practice with the team and if not play a full competitive game.
"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil."

#17 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

Just watched part of the clip on global news, all squire barnes could talk about was how little he mentioned vancouver and that he probably should have talked more about the canucks. And mentioned that bure and vancouver have a love hate relationship...

I HATE THE MEDIA HERE, WHAT A NEGATIVE COMMENT, WHO PICKS APART AN INDUCTION SPEECH. HE WAS PROBABLY NERVOUS!!!

@$$ hats like him and a lot more are probably why some players dont want to come play here..

Congrats Bure!!! The real fans in Van respect what u did on the ice for the Canucks!

Actually, after just watching the interview, I felt the same way as Squire. He's in the Hall of Fame because of his time with the Canucks - that particular period of time made him a legend. It seemed all too evident he still had bad feelings about Vancouver, only mentioning the Canucks in the most minimal sense when he listed off the teams he played for. It's sad, with Gino there, Pat Quinn there, and the fact Quinn helped get him into the Hall that Bure couldn't recognize Vancouver a bit more. My sense is that more healing needs to be done before Pavel's number joins the others in Rogers' rafters.
"I knew we had a great team. I told everyone if we play as a group, we can win it all. Everyone laughed. Now we're laughing."
-Jiri Slegr

#18 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,023 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

Does anyone know where I can see the highlights from the Hall of fame legends game?
Posted Image

#19 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

Standing ovation, nice. Good speech over all, I thought he might mention Odjick or Quinn at least once.. lol But either way, all the Canucks fans are happy for you Bure! ::D

Edited by Kesler's Nose, 13 November 2012 - 01:37 PM.

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#20 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,953 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

Congrats Pavel, you belong in the HOF.

Ugh, man do I miss watching him play, lol.

Posted ImagePosted Image

RIP LB RR PD

#21 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,640 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

Actually, after just watching the interview, I felt the same way as Squire. He's in the Hall of Fame because of his time with the Canucks - that particular period of time made him a legend. It seemed all too evident he still had bad feelings about Vancouver, only mentioning the Canucks in the most minimal sense when he listed off the teams he played for. It's sad, with Gino there, Pat Quinn there, and the fact Quinn helped get him into the Hall that Bure couldn't recognize Vancouver a bit more. My sense is that more healing needs to be done before Pavel's number joins the others in Rogers' rafters.

My impression was that Pavel wanted to acknowledge all those who had a part and not antoganize any he might not mention. After all he didn't mention any Russian coaches either. I have to admit that my attitude has changed. I think I misjudged his off ice life style. Really nice speech.

#22 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

My impression was that Pavel wanted to acknowledge all those who had a part and not antoganize any he might not mention. After all he didn't mention any Russian coaches either. I have to admit that my attitude has changed. I think I misjudged his off ice life style. Really nice speech.

Exactly! By choosing to include everyone he doesnt unintentionally step on any toes by "forgetting to acknowledge". But thats still not good enough for a lot of vancouverites, maybe thats why i moved to the interior lol. Ill never understand majority of the fan base!

#23 grandmaster

grandmaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,456 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:03 AM

Best player to ever play in Vancouver

Favorite all time Canuck: Bertuzzi 2002-2003 season
Most clutch all time Canuck: Linden 1994 Stanley Cup Playoffs
Most exciting all time Canuck: Pavel Bure 90's

#24 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,782 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:32 AM

Any chance you recorded Pavel's goal from the HHOF Legends Classic broadcast, Mak?

The hall of fame legends game is worth the watch. Bure gets on the score sheet a few times.

Unfortunately, TSN edited the production very, very poorly. In fact, we only saw Pavel two or three times during the broadcast. Fan video shows that Pavel was actually very noticeable, and made some terrific moves during the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDEZpeKS-eY

Pavel is wearing a white uniform and a black helmet. Partway through the game, he removes the helmet.

Edited by WeatherWise, 14 November 2012 - 11:35 AM.

The greatest segue into a weather segment.

#25 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 64,604 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

Thanks!
Posted Image

#26 thundernuts

thundernuts

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

Anyone else notice Gino's hair was dyed red (5:08 mark)? During the standing "o" at the end he was wearing a funny hat too. I miss Gino!

Edited by thundernuts, 14 November 2012 - 05:05 PM.

Posted Image

#27 magoomba

magoomba

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

So true what they say about Bure converting a lot of spectators and casuals into fans... Canucks fans for that matter.
We can respect that guys like Sakic were superb players, leaders, etc, but how many people watch a hockey highlight for the first time, see Sakic score on a wrist shot and think to themselves, "wow that's amazing, I'm going to start watching more hockey".

#28 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,855 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

Here's an interview where he talks about being with the Canucks

Happy now?...

#29 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

Here's an interview where he talks about being with the Canucks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-yTQZOQrio

Happy now?...

Hardly. I've seen that interview. And for those saying he didn't want to MISS anyone from other teams if he mentioned the Canucks a bit more, have some more pride. The Canucks introduced Pavel to the NHL, where he made millions. His NHL mainstay was Vancouver, where he became internationally legendary. His defining moments in hockey will also be Vancouver first, even with all of his success in international competition and with other NHL teams. The fact he did not speak more openly about Vancouver tells me he is still very sour from his experience, and paints a bleak picture of future involvement/association with the Canucks.

For him to be introduced into the HOF and only to mention Vancouver as a team he played for with all the other teams, it does make me wonder whether he deserves to potentially have his name and number in the rafters.
"I knew we had a great team. I told everyone if we play as a group, we can win it all. Everyone laughed. Now we're laughing."
-Jiri Slegr

#30 Bleed Blue and Green

Bleed Blue and Green

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

Thank you for posting! He's still got it!

DeeCanucksBlog7_zps935c66c6.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.