The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Has anyone purchased online from Best Buy?

flapjacks

Problem: Filled in information to make an online purchase and had pressed the final "Submit" order button. The page then re-directed me back to a Checkout page with blank fields. I have no idea whether or not my order went through. (I don't have an account on BB so I can't check "order history" or whatever as my friend suggested.)

To people who may have ordered from Best Buy, what happens after you order? I tried looking it up, they say that I get an email when my item is shipped. So is there still a chance my item was ordered? Do they still send you a confirmation email after the initial order? I don't want to accidentally make a double purchase.

Typically when I order online I receive an email right after the final confirmation for my receipt or whatnot. However, this is my first time ordering from Best Buy so I'm not too certain what they usually do after you place an order.

Any info is appreciated!

Never used Best Buy, but I have purchased from Future Shop a couple times (Same Company). I would always get a confirmation E-Mail saying that the order went through.

Call them and give them your information. You should have at least been given a confirmation number when you hit submit. I would assume your order didn't go through.

When did you place your order?

From their main page:

Order Status & Order History unavailable

Please be advised that due to scheduled site improvements, you will not be able to view, update or change your order at this time. Customer Service will also be unable to view order status until maintenance has been completed. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I had tried purchasing this past weekend before that server maintenance message came up, I'm pretty sure. Anyways, I just tried purchasing again and upon the final submission of information I was redirected to an Order Confirmation page on the site with an Order Number and everything. Good sign that it worked this time and didn't go through the first time around. I guess I can always return one back at a store location.

Archived