The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows, jersey retired or Ring of Honour?

Markus Alexander Cody

167 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Let's wait until he plays out his career here, at which point we'll celebrate his accomplishments. Impossible to know at this point, as he's right in the thick of things and this party ain't over yet.

I say we elect him Prime Minister, put a large statue of him on the roof at GM Place and name every baby that is born after him. For a start....

Let's wait until he plays out his career here, at which point we'll celebrate his accomplishments. Impossible to know at this point, as he's right in the thick of things and this party ain't over yet.

I say we elect him Prime Minister, put a large statue of him on the roof at GM Place and name every baby that is born after him. For a start....

Totally agreed on all your points Deb, especially the last sentence. Prime Minister Alexandre Burrows sounds sexy ;)

Way too early to tell right now. He's entering what I would consider to be the prime years of his career. We need to wait for them to play out before we judge one way or another.

As of right now, MAYBE ROH. It's far too soon to tell what's going to happen in the next few years. I do not see a retirement, no matter how many dragons he may slay with clutch, edge-of-your-seat, 'get on my back boys, n watch this', series winning goals. Unless, of course, it's a string of Cup winning goals...

Let's see that Stanley Cup Champion banner, first.

Burrows at this point in his career is a poor man's Greg Adams.

Adams was known for driving the net and consistent scoring.

Adams scored clutch playoff goals too. Triple OT in round 3 to knock off the Leafs. Double OT in game 1 of the 94 finals.

There is no chatter at all of retiring his number or ROH for Adams. This alone speaks volumes for Burr's chances.

There is really no chance that Burr gets his jersey retired unless he wins a couple of individual awards and leads this team to a cup.

As much as I love Burr, these kinds of questions are kind of ridiculous. And we wonder why other fanbases like to poke fun at us.

Unless has 4 or 5 30 goal seasons in him or he plays at a fairly high level with the Canucks for 7+ more years i'd have to say neither. He has never won an individual award or lead the team in scoring. He is already 30 with 270 career points. Six more 50 point seasons would put him in line with Gradin for career points and around 1000 games played if he stays healthy. Gradin lead the team in scoring twice and had two 80 point seasons.

It is not impossible but Burrows has a lot left to prove before he is ROH worthy.

If he plays another 7 years and gets the same point production as his first seven he would end up with 540 points, 10 points behind Canuck great Tomas Gradin who is sixth all time, and 112 points ahead of the number 7 player all time, Pavel Bure. Decent numbers but definitely not jersey retirment. I voted neither but mabe the ROH if he gets a cup or two.

Burrows at this point in his career is a poor man's Greg Adams.

Adams was known for driving the net and consistent scoring.

Adams scored clutch playoff goals too. Triple OT in round 3 to knock off the Leafs. Double OT in game 1 of the 94 finals.

There is no chatter at all of retiring his number or ROH for Adams. This alone speaks volumes for Burr's chances.

Archived