The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows, jersey retired or Ring of Honour?

Markus Alexander Cody

167 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Don't see him making it for both. The ring of honor should only be for the ones truly outstanding.

Kurtenbach the first captian in canuck history

Mclean our most outstanding goaltender

gradin and snepsts i am on the edge about

(never saw any of the four players play so i can't give a firsthand view of the players only from what i hear and read)

burrows? because everyone likes him. Sorry he may be good but not to the level of those 4

Future retired (on our current roster)

D/H Sedin

Kesler (really slim chance but he might redefine the canucks when the sedins retire similar to Callahan with NYR)

Right now, Burr is a better-than-average forward playing above his skill level on the top line, with 2 All Stars on one of the NHL's best teams. I still think he'd be a better fit on the third line with Higgy and Hansen.

At this point in his career, I see him as a Don Lever / Curt Fraser / Greg Adams / Geoff Courtnall popular, fan-favorite guy.

If his numbers stay consistent, he'll probably get consideration for the ROH.

There should not be any jerseys in the rafters unless a Stanley Cup has been won. No Linden, no Smyl, no Naslund, no Bure.

ROH is a great idea, fill it up with anyone noteworthy. But the fact that there are currently 3 jerseys hanging up in Rogers Arena, next to 0 Stanley Cup banners, is pretty laughable.

Oh man, I got totally confused... I read "Bure" in the title in stead of "Burrows"... So automatically i selected Retire Number, but then when I saw the results, after getting shocked at peoples answers... I realized it was Burrows, so I changed my answer to "Its Too Early To Tell"

At the moment, neither. However, I think that if things had gone our way in 2011, there would have been a few more candidates than just the Sedins to be honored,at least from that lineup. Similarly, if the 94 run had gone our way, Bure would be a much likelier candidate than he is now.

as of now ROH. he could get his jersey retired but that discussion is another decade away at this point. It would be a great story though if he was able to play well enough to get his jersey in the rafters - i mean an undrafted player to get his jersey retired by a team....not many can do that.

But still I don't think he'll get his retired.

depends what he does for the team really. right now, alex burrows isn't really a household name. just a good player on a great team. jersey retirements, even though we haven't won any cups, are remembering guys who gave it their all on the ice. their blood, sweat and tears. guys who never really complained about a sprained ankle or a broken leg but performed anyways. just straight up dudes playing hockey because that's what they loved to do. guys with heart

i think burrows has heart, he just needs to get on that next level. he's a fan favourite, but even that won't get you very far in a subject such as this. not saying burrows doesn't sacrifice his body or anything but his career is too short to call right now, but he has paid his dues. i think it's possible to discuss this again in a few more years, but right now, not looking in to a crystal ball, i say no.

^^ I agree Adams was a great player, I personally hung out with the guy as a caddy for two golf tournaments. I love him. But he didnt play his entire career as a Canuck. Burrows is special in a way that he never was drafted and worked hard to get where he was..(not saying that Adams didnt)... Burrows is does everything for the Canucks, scores clutch goals, PK, PP. Wears his heart on his sleeve. Adams play was over shadowed by Pavel Bure. Burrows makes the Sedins a better line. (thats the difference) If they are still doing the ROH thing when he retires, because he will play his entire career as a Canuck. He should be inducted into the ROH.

Archived