The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Blue Jays megatrade

Gerg

im sad to see alvarez go. How can the jays afford reyes & buerhle did rogers stumble on a sack of money? or is miami going to eat part of their contracts.

seems like a good deal for the jays but i must admit i have no clue who justin nicolino is besides that he was one of our top prospects.

Wow, if this deal is legit then it looks like another powerhouse just emerged from the AL East! (Almost too good to be true!) Yanks, O's (from last season), Rays'll probably be around, hope the Sox rebound, now this; wow good job A.A., adding strong pieces like that (Izturis should also solidify the IF defensively) and their batting order looks pretty sick:

Reyes, Lawrie, Bautista, Rasmus, Encarnacion, Lind, Arencibia, Gose can probably leadoff and Izturis to round it out (plus Buck has pretty good power from behind the dish) and that pitching staff, like it was listed out earlier, has Buerhle, Johnson, Morrow, Romero and Happ as the #5 guy

Huge salary dump for the Marlins. Although they are getting some high quality youth in return. Totally worth it for the Jays as they have a lot of youth coming through the pipes. If they want to win during the Jose Bautista window they needed to make this trade.

Finally I can feel good about my cell phone bill.

50M next year alone in salary, looks like AA is finally off the $$$ leash, thanks largely in part to huge merchandise sales for the re-branding of the team, plus somewhere in the area of 25% more attendance.

Optimistic!! But what Blue Jays fan isn't.

Archived