The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Blue Jays megatrade

Gerg

1.reyes

2.cabrera

3.bautista

LOL at Lawrie for top of the order, kids a hot head, passionate for TO but with the acquisitions, he'll drop down to 5th or 6th. BL has a future, but he first must learn his place and be happy he's everyday at 3rd for his hometeam!

FFS!!!

J.P. is an unreal catcher and a fan favorite, he is top flight, and hopefully wont be going anywhere. JP is a power hitting catcher give him benefit of the doubt at .250 and 80rbi.

One of the best young catchers in the game.... quit trying to get him traded. PLUS he brings the ladies to the games... no way AA overlooks this.. Extend JPA and I'll buy his jersey.

People are forgetting Bonafacio is a very competent 2B wouldn't be surprised if the starters are:

1B- Edwin Encarnation

2B- Emilio Bonafacio

SS- Jose Reyes

3B- Brett Lawrie

LF- Melky Cabrera

CF- Colby Rasmus

RF- Jose Bautista

DH- Adam Lind

C= JP Arencibia

Bench: Gose, Cooper, Izturis, Davis, Sierra

Then for Pitchers: Johnson, Buehrle, Morrow, Romero, Happ/Hutchinson

Pretty dirty lineup if you ask me!

1.reyes

2.cabrera

3.bautista

LOL at Lawrie for top of the order, kids a hot head, passionate for TO but with the acquisitions, he'll drop down to 5th or 6th. BL has a future, but he first must learn his place and be happy he's everyday at 3rd for his hometeam!

FFS!!!

J.P. is an unreal catcher and a fan favorite, he is top flight, and hopefully wont be going anywhere. JP is a power hitting catcher give him benefit of the doubt at .250 and 80rbi.

One of the best young catchers in the game.... quit trying to get him traded. PLUS he brings the ladies to the games... no way AA overlooks this.. Extend JPA and I'll buy his jersey.

Probably very slim chance, if at all. I believe the asking price from Greinke is 5 years/160 million or something ridiculous like that. This is not a good year to try and sign UFA pitching because he's pretty much the only legit guy on the market so good of AA to go the trade route.

Also I'm really glad Reyes is the first guy seen dawning the Blue Jay colours since there were some questions about how he would deal with the trade after at least primarily choosing Florida for its climate. I wonder if fellow Dominicans Jose Bautista/Edwin Encarnacion had something to do with that.

April can't come soon enough but I'm hoping for health so hard.

I would say further to my edit above that Reyes would have certainly grown up very aware of both Fernandez and Griffin. Reyes would have been 8 or 9 when the Jays won their first WS and a year older when Tony won with them. It's easy to forget how big of a superstar Fernandez was in the Dominican at the time. The Jays were always one of the more popular teams there due to the fact that they had the earliest pipeline for talent because of the scouting of Epy Guererro. He was one of the main reasons the team rose to dominance in the late 80s.

In the 80's the D.R. was a SS pipeline. (similar to how Quesbec and Finland have been for goalies). Fernandez would have certainly been known to Reyes as a kid and unquestionably by his coaches. Reyes may have been taught to play like Fernandez his whole young life.

Just a thought anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I like JP, but I think you're overrating him. Besides, the Jays have one of the best catching prospects in baseball in Travis D'Arnaud. It's only a matter of time before he takes over behind the plate.

TD isn't quite ready yet, but if the right deal came along, I could see AA move Arencibia and let John Buck handle the bulk catching duties next season.

I think that this year will be very telling as to whether JPA will be a catcher for his career or need a switch of positions. If his core defensive numbers don't improve significantly then he may need to grab a first base mitt or be a permanent DH.

Archived