The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

two trades isles toronto - van

sooo say vancouver didnt resign edler longterm because of his back problems and inconsistent play.

heres my proposal we get younger and shed cap space

1. islanders griffith reinhart 1st rounder pick for edler

2. carter ashton, 1st round pick komisarek for luongo tanev raymond.

our d pairings could be hamhuis bieska

garrison ballard

komisarek connauton

sauve alberts

but in two yrs hamhuis bieska

garrison connauton

reinhart corrado

plus wed have 3 first round picks next draft maybe we could get one or two of these players

hunter shinkaruk c, sean monahan c, ryan pulock d, chris bigrasd, id be stoked if we drafted more whl ohl players we need more strong canadian players not lil midgets like schroeder we need some 6'3 6'4 225 pound players the canucks should replace our scouts in my mind why wouldnt they draft more players that played on giants like lucic fistric.

#1 NY:

I think the value in the NY trade isn't terrible.

but they would probably rather have Reinhart since he is younger and can develop with there other young players, and for us having Edler would be better because of the "Cup Window" Plus he is still fairly young and will be around for awhile.

#2 TOR:

The Toronto trade is brutal.

We could take out Komisarek, Raymond and Tanev and just do: Ashton + 1st for Lu. That would be better if you want Ashton and a first but I would go for other stuff myself that equal's out to the same/similar value.

You're kidding right....? Why would we move edler, he's the best defense man prospect we have. Not to mention the islanders are not giving us griffin reinhart...ever not to mention they're also giving us a first round pick?!

Why would we ever want Carter Ashton? I would rather have Raymond fall on the ice 100 times a game than have Ashton. We don't need Komisarek, I rather have tanev, he's still getting better. All Komisarek can do is give us cap space and play on the bottom 6. He's going to warm the bench more than Ballard does. And That means they're giving is a first round pick that's most likely going to be a late first round pick for Luongo. No thank you.

Edler for Reinhart straight up would be more realistic, and I still doubt they would do that. The Isles haven't had the best luck signing big name UFA's recently, and theres probably a good chance if Edler went there he wouldn't sign there.

It would be too much for them to give up on what could be no more than a rental player, on a team that has almost no chance at being a contender.

No to the Isles trade because Reinhart does not make us any better now or even a few years down the road. Making that trade suggests he's better than Edler already, which also improves the team and the back end greatly, which is obviously a joke. I know people like trading for sexy prospects but they're also taking for granted what they really do have right now. Big time. Which is a very good player.

And no comment for the second trade.

Archived