Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Primeval: New World, Dinosaurs Terrorize Vancouver Neighbourhoods

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Harbinger

Harbinger

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,198 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:55 PM

Dinosaurs are running amok in Vancouver. And they’re hungry. New TV series Primeval: New World debuts this Monday, October 29th, on the SPACE channel.
A North American spinoff of the popular British series Primeval, co-showrunner Martin Wood describes the Vancouver version as a cop drama, but with dinosaurs as the crooks of the week. Very very large crooks. These anomalies suddenly appear and create havoc in our neighbourhoods like Stanley Park, Coal Harbour, downtown Vancouver, the Olympic Village, UBC’s Thunderbird Arena and even a local Canadian Tire store. And our dinosaurs are just as kickass as the British ones thanks to visual effects whiz Mark Savela. See the trailer.

I used to watch the english version it was pretty good. the only thing I didn't like was how often they killed off main characters but I have now watched the first couple episodes of this and it's pretty good as well. The best part is that it is filmed in the lower mainland and that is where it is set in the show as well.

Edited by Harbinger, 13 November 2012 - 11:55 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Horny Manatee

Horny Manatee

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,955 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

Boring.
Posted Image
Lick my lollipops?

#3 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:40 AM

feels like a tv version of jurassic park

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#4 canucks#01fan

canucks#01fan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,975 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

saw the first episode
it wasnt bad but its not for me
i have a feeling its going to get repetitive quick

Edited by canucks#01fan, 14 November 2012 - 12:52 AM.

Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for avatar

#5 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,181 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:40 AM

I watched a few episodes of the original British one, and I wasn't a fan. The only reason I started watching this version was the idea of dinosaurs roaming Vancouver.

The first episode was really awkward (as are most pilots), but the 2nd and 3rd episodes were better and things fell into a nice groove. The third episode came out of nowhere with it's sad story, and it was actually a bit tough to swallow.

I wouldn't say the show has been all that good or anything so far, but I'll continue watching it for the time being.

G1yN9Kd.png

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#6 leftcoast

leftcoast

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

It gets better with each episode. Hopefully people will give it a chance. Local productions written and created by talented people who live in this province need our support, especially when it is actually well made, plus there are hot chics on the show and people get mauled by prehistoric creatures. What more can you ask for.

Totally.....i want a fresh, fully healed Willie

#7 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,181 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:22 AM

I used to watch the english version it was pretty good. the only thing I didn't like was how often they killed off main characters but I have now watched the first couple episodes of this and it's pretty good as well. The best part is that it is filmed in the lower mainland and that is where it is set in the show as well.

So... uh, yeah. They stared doing that in this version too. Well, it wasn't a main character exactly, but it was kinda sad.

Still finding the show to be watchable, so I'm still watching it. It's still some good old fashioned cheesy dinosaur action. I'm getting more behind the characters as the show moves along, so I guess it should be some fun to see how it plays out. It has potential, but at the same time, if takes even a small step or two in the wrong direction it may end up being something to avoid all together. It's walking a thin line.
... So what I'm saying is that I don't quite know what I want to say about this show yet, lol.

G1yN9Kd.png

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.