The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Primeval: New World, Dinosaurs Terrorize Vancouver Neighbourhoods

Harbinger

Dinosaurs are running amok in Vancouver. And they’re hungry. New TV series Primeval: New World debuts this Monday, October 29th, on the SPACE channel.

A North American spinoff of the popular British series Primeval, co-showrunner Martin Wood describes the Vancouver version as a cop drama, but with dinosaurs as the crooks of the week. Very very large crooks. These anomalies suddenly appear and create havoc in our neighbourhoods like Stanley Park, Coal Harbour, downtown Vancouver, the Olympic Village, UBC’s Thunderbird Arena and even a local Canadian Tire store. And our dinosaurs are just as kickass as the British ones thanks to visual effects whiz Mark Savela. See the trailer.

I used to watch the english version it was pretty good. the only thing I didn't like was how often they killed off main characters but I have now watched the first couple episodes of this and it's pretty good as well. The best part is that it is filmed in the lower mainland and that is where it is set in the show as well.

I watched a few episodes of the original British one, and I wasn't a fan. The only reason I started watching this version was the idea of dinosaurs roaming Vancouver.

The first episode was really awkward (as are most pilots), but the 2nd and 3rd episodes were better and things fell into a nice groove. The third episode came out of nowhere with it's sad story, and it was actually a bit tough to swallow.

I wouldn't say the show has been all that good or anything so far, but I'll continue watching it for the time being.

It gets better with each episode. Hopefully people will give it a chance. Local productions written and created by talented people who live in this province need our support, especially when it is actually well made, plus there are hot chics on the show and people get mauled by prehistoric creatures. What more can you ask for.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to watch the english version it was pretty good. the only thing I didn't like was how often they killed off main characters but I have now watched the first couple episodes of this and it's pretty good as well. The best part is that it is filmed in the lower mainland and that is where it is set in the show as well.

Archived