The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Art

-DLC-

I don't get it.

This:

i0u8laggPlBA.jpg

Just sold for $75M. Seventy five MILLION dollars!!? Wut?

I guess I'm not very refined, because I completely don't understand it. As a matter of fact, I'm quite sure I did something better in kindergarten. At least put a flower or the sun in there?

Anyhow, I'm perplexed by the whole art thing. I have friends who are artists, and I really love their work. Because they try harder.

Please help me figure this out. His other work includes this dazzling piece:

44.jpg

? He didn't even stay in the lines. -1 (million) for that.

....and....

51.jpg

40.jpg

Am I missing something? I really must be.

Anyhow, thought I'd share my thoughts on this.

Feel free to add to this thread with your own pieces and we can appraise and auction them off here. I'm starting the bidding on this self portrait I did at $2 billion.

c485ea5a701e7f16952184935c0c8b48_580x270.png

Art is expression, and those first two pictures sum up CDC at the best of times.

Art and imagery is suppose to invoke emotion and a personal refection. As the saying goes, one man's trash is another man's treasure.

Sometimes you just have to let your mind wander.

Your picture on the other hand deb, is fantastic and oddly enough someone may pay you for it!

You guys are the best - now that's what I'm talkin about. Love the improvements, keep 'em coming.

GJ: you're right about suicide + art = $$ but I'm blown away by the valuations. And the fact that there's an entire series of these - someone on crack could paint these. I'm with Jai on this - biggest con job ever.

Despite the reasoning behind them or why they are what they are, it's just how I feel. I don't get it (at all).

Thanks D. But I shoulda put on some lipstick I guess. And the socks aren't my actual hockey socks - they're legwarmers for my Flashdance routine.

Archived