#1 Butters Stoch

Butters Stoch

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:41 AM

http://ca.ign.com/ar...e-date-unveiled

Blizzard has announced StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm will launch on March 12, 2013.
The expansion set for StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty will form the second part of the planned StarCraft II trilogy, and introduce a range of new units in addition to a new campaign focusing on Sarah Kerrigan, the Queen of Blades, leading a Zerg swarm against Arcturus Mengsk.
Three versions of the game will be sold; the standard edition (available both digitally and at retail), the Digital Deluxe edition (only available online) and the Collector's Edition (exclusive to stores).
While the standard edition will just include the game, the Digital Deluxe edition will offer a range of in-game bonus items for StarCraft II, World of Warcraft and Diablo III. These include three StarCraft II Swarm-themed Battle.net portraits, the StarCraft II Zerg Ultralisk “Torrasque” skin, a World of Warcraft Baneling Battle Pet, and the Diablo III “Blade Wings” item and Zerg banner sigil.

Anyone who opts to buy the physical Collector's Edition will also net all of the above, along with a behind-the-scenes DVD and Blu-Ray, a soundtrack CD, a hardcover art book and Zerg-rush mousepad.
Blizzard's Mike Morhaime said, "With Heart of the Swarm, our goal has been to expand on the multiplayer action and cinematic storytelling of Wings of Liberty. Combined with features like unranked matchmaking and our new leveling system, this expansion elevates the StarCraft II experience for players of all skill levels."
Heart of the Swarm is available for digital pre-order now. Information on the concluding part of the StarCraft II trilogy, Legacy of the Void, is pretty limited but it's believed to focus on Zeratul as the game's main character.

Exciting news for the Koreans out there!!(just kidding... sort of)If no delays, it will be March 12. I'm kind of hoping it will be pushed back though, I don't know how I'm gonna get through school if this and GTA V comes out around the same time.

sig by Malkin71

#2 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:49 AM

I am pumped for this. I should really re-install Starcraft II and play some, but I just don't have the time at the moment. Maybe over Christmas break I'll do it.

RIP LB RR PD

#3 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• Assistant to Regional Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,368 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

It's about time!!

CDCGML Commissioner/Winnipeg Jets <---Click For Roster!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Support Canuck Place Childrens Hospice - http://www.canuckplace.org/

This is what hockey should be. A lot of chances, a lot of hitting, no cheap shots, no chirping after whistles."

#4 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

Posted Image

/=S=/

#5 Offensive Threat

Offensive Threat

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:22 AM

I gave up on gold league a while ago when it became 4 gate rush rush rush and cheese every game. Proxy hatches, barracks, turret rushes etc.

I liked late game maxed out upgraded mass battles but with all the cheese going on it never got there so I split.

Will HOTS offer enough to bring me back. Probably not but who knows. Will wait and see.

Posted Image

#6 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:50 AM

For my gamers: http://www.examiner....d-borderlands-2

Best buy is doing 30$ on some newer titles like AC3, Borderlands 2, Fifa 13, etc. check it out.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#7 Butters Stoch

Butters Stoch

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

Ermahgerd heart of the swerm tomorrow. Anyone getting it?

sig by Malkin71

#8 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

I was never any good at multiplayer, but I'll probably still get it just for the campaign and to play with friends.

ermaherd, hert of the swerm

RIP LB RR PD

#9 Remy

Remy

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

I gave up on gold league a while ago when it became 4 gate rush rush rush and cheese every game. Proxy hatches, barracks, turret rushes etc.

I liked late game maxed out upgraded mass battles but with all the cheese going on it never got there so I split.

Will HOTS offer enough to bring me back. Probably not but who knows. Will wait and see.

All easily countered with some minor scouting.

I was diamond. :)

#10 Offensive Threat

Offensive Threat

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:12 AM

All easily countered with some minor scouting.

I was diamond. :)

It had nothing to do with countering. Cheese ends the game early win or lose. Its an all in. I wanted late game. Top tier units and maxed out armies. Thats what I wanted and didnt get.

Posted Image

#11 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:19 AM

Is mass marine, marauder still a viable strat?

Haven't played in over a year...

(>'-')>Posted Image<('-'<)

#12 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

Well I've caved and gotten Heart of the Swarm (physical copy :towel: ) , but before I touch it I'm replaying the main campaign on Brutal.

#13 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

It had nothing to do with countering. Cheese ends the game early win or lose. Its an all in. I wanted late game. Top tier units and maxed out armies. Thats what I wanted and didnt get.

When you aren't playing baddies, most games go fairly long.
I was top 15 diamond prior to masters league. I had plenty of 25+ minute games with constant action, and full upgrades.
Get to that point and you'll be rewarded with stellar gameplay. Be bad and you'll play baddies.

gallery_9059_470_12899.jpg

(1 Peter 2:18)

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#14 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,987 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

So they upgraded all the arcade games so that you have to have Heart of the swarm now. I can't play any arcade games on starcraft II now because I have to buy hots. ???? bull.

Arcade is all I play cuz i got sick of multiplayer.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#15 Butters Stoch

Butters Stoch

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

What good arcade games are there? I've never really gotten into the custom games in sc2

sig by Malkin71

#16 Hat Trick Maker

Hat Trick Maker

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:20 PM

Well I've caved and gotten Heart of the Swarm (physical copy :towel: ) , but before I touch it I'm replaying the main campaign on Brutal.

I think I quit playing right before the "Utter Darkness" mission where you have to defend against waves and waves of Zerg for a set amount of time (which I've completed on Normal). Now I doubt I have the nerve to pick it up after such a long hiatus.

#17 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

I think I quit playing right before the "Utter Darkness" mission where you have to defend against waves and waves of Zerg for a set amount of time (which I've completed on Normal). Now I doubt I have the nerve to pick it up after such a long hiatus.

I gave up on Brutal about 5 missions in and and started over on Hard. Then I got a new PS3 controller and forgot about SC2 until earlier today.

I've got a feeling that I may be beating WOL on Normal again.

Edit: I need to proofread more often.

Edit #2: I misspelled proofread :picard: .

Edited by Tanev's Smirk, 09 April 2013 - 08:34 PM.

#18 Hat Trick Maker

Hat Trick Maker

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:18 PM

Just beat "In Utter Darkness" on brutal after two hours of trying. I'm so badass. :bigblush:

#19 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:07 AM

Just beat "In Utter Darkness" on brutal after two hours of trying. I'm so badass. :bigblush:

I forgot how rough that one was. It took completely forgetting my build order for me to beat it on hard yesterday.

You good sir are truly a badass to do so on brutal.

(You used the DT build didn't you?!)

Edited by Tanev's Smirk, 23 April 2013 - 08:07 AM.

#20 Hat Trick Maker

Hat Trick Maker

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:32 PM

I forgot how rough that one was. It took completely forgetting my build order for me to beat it on hard yesterday.

You good sir are truly a badass to do so on brutal.

(You used the DT build didn't you?!)

I did it by massing colossi and spamming cannons around the archive. I did the DT wall trick in my first playthrough though. And I'm not really that good of a player actually, I just save and load a lot. LOL

I'm almost through with the HotS campaign and have been enjoying the game so far (minus those timed missions/achivements). Hope the same for you.

#21 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

I've completed the first three mission in HotS and I had forgotten how much I hate using the Zerg (Protoss player) because I'm such a slow APM player.

This playthrough on hard may feature a lot of swearing.

#22 a Fool

a Fool

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:19 AM

I've completed the first three mission in HotS and I had forgotten how much I hate using the Zerg (Protoss player) because I'm such a slow APM player.

This playthrough on hard may feature a lot of swearing.

lol yeah, takes a few missions to get used to Zerg.

I do like how the campaign missions are a lot different from a normal match though. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Going to try Brutal soon.

#23 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:26 PM

Well I'm down to the final 3 missions with a maxed out Kerrigan and I've been enjoying the playthrough on hard for the most part.

Edit: I should have finished the game instead of watching the Canuck game.

Edited by Tanev's Smirk, 04 May 2013 - 07:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.