The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

StarCraft II Heart of the Swarm

Butters Stoch

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/11/13/starcraft-ii-heart-of-the-swarm-release-date-unveiled

Blizzard has announced StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm will launch on March 12, 2013.

The expansion set for StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty will form the second part of the planned StarCraft II trilogy, and introduce a range of new units in addition to a new campaign focusing on Sarah Kerrigan, the Queen of Blades, leading a Zerg swarm against Arcturus Mengsk.

Three versions of the game will be sold; the standard edition (available both digitally and at retail), the Digital Deluxe edition (only available online) and the Collector's Edition (exclusive to stores).

While the standard edition will just include the game, the Digital Deluxe edition will offer a range of in-game bonus items for StarCraft II, World of Warcraft and Diablo III. These include three StarCraft II Swarm-themed Battle.net portraits, the StarCraft II Zerg Ultralisk “Torrasque” skin, a World of Warcraft Baneling Battle Pet, and the Diablo III “Blade Wings” item and Zerg banner sigil.

Anyone who opts to buy the physical Collector's Edition will also net all of the above, along with a behind-the-scenes DVD and Blu-Ray, a soundtrack CD, a hardcover art book and Zerg-rush mousepad.

Blizzard's Mike Morhaime said, "With Heart of the Swarm, our goal has been to expand on the multiplayer action and cinematic storytelling of Wings of Liberty. Combined with features like unranked matchmaking and our new leveling system, this expansion elevates the StarCraft II experience for players of all skill levels."

Heart of the Swarm is available for digital pre-order now. Information on the concluding part of the StarCraft II trilogy, Legacy of the Void, is pretty limited but it's believed to focus on Zeratul as the game's main character.

I gave up on gold league a while ago when it became 4 gate rush rush rush and cheese every game. Proxy hatches, barracks, turret rushes etc.

I liked late game maxed out upgraded mass battles but with all the cheese going on it never got there so I split.

Will HOTS offer enough to bring me back. Probably not but who knows. Will wait and see.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I gave up on gold league a while ago when it became 4 gate rush rush rush and cheese every game. Proxy hatches, barracks, turret rushes etc.

I liked late game maxed out upgraded mass battles but with all the cheese going on it never got there so I split.

Will HOTS offer enough to bring me back. Probably not but who knows. Will wait and see.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived