Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Computer Memory Test

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,349 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

Could someone recommend me software for testing memory, Something that is not bootable since my cd/dvd drive is broken....I tried looking everywhere and the only ones I find are the ones I have to burn on to a CD...Thanks in advance!...PS, I am on windows XP.

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#2 Ar7ful D0dger

Ar7ful D0dger

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:32 AM

Try Microsoft Memory Diagnostic Tool or Memtest86. They can both be put on a bootable usb key. It's hard to test memory when it is in use by an operating system, so a bootable memory test is your best option.

edit: not sure how much memory you have, but Microsoft's tool has some issues with over 4GB of RAM.

Edited by Keyser Söze, 14 November 2012 - 11:34 AM.

#3 AbbyNucksFan

AbbyNucksFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,452 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

memtest86 is your best bet
Posted Image

Credit to LostViking for the sig! Thanks!

#4 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

For a sec there I thought you wanted a link to a test for your own memory on the computer, hahaha.

Yes, memtest86 is a good bet, lol.

RIP LB RR PD

#5 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,269 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

memtest86 is your best bet

Bingo
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 Offensive Threat

Offensive Threat

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:52 AM

Could someone recommend me software for testing memory, Something that is not bootable since my cd/dvd drive is broken....I tried looking everywhere and the only ones I find are the ones I have to burn on to a CD...Thanks in advance!...PS, I am on windows XP.

NCIX.com has Samsung DVD/cd writer drives for $15. Practically free.

Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.