#271 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

^^^^^^

We are talking about the opinion of individuals.

And do you honestly expect us to believe that the average person has no access to anti-Israeli or pro-Palestinian media? If I do a simple google search hundreds of thousands of such sites will come up.

#272 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

Muslim propaganda all over Facebook. Taking pictures from the Syrian conflict and claiming the Israelis committed those acts.
Posted Image

#273 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:51 PM

Muslim propaganda all over Facebook. Taking pictures from the Syrian conflict and claiming the Israelis committed those acts.

Propaganda on both sides .. to be fair .. although there is little fairness being shown .. the Israeli's would make Goebbels proud .. they learned from a master .. what goes around comes around, one supposes ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#274 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,180 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

By the "rest of the world" what you really mean is other parts of the Ottoman Empire where the Jews from arab countries were eliminated. Also, since the arab armies destoryed all of the Jewish villages in the West Bank, the Gaza Strip, and East Jerusalem. Does that mean we can expect you to "stop pointing out" the "crimes" of one side?

I have been pointing out the crimes against humanity that israel has committed because i seem to be the lone voice of reason on this thread , i will now do what you have not done and print a list of war crimes committed by the palestinians

Israeli–Palestinian conflict Early 20th century-present Armed conflict Perpetrator Israeli–Palestinian conflict Various Palestinian militant groups. Incident Type of crime Persons responsible Notes Ben Yehuda Street bombings Crimes against humanity (100+ civilians killed) Various Associated and Palestinian groups Refers to a series of attacks by Palestinians and suicide bombers on civilians in downtown Jerusalem, Israel in starting 1948 through to the 21st century. The attacks were carried out on Ben Yehuda Street, a major thoroughfare, later a pedestrian mall, named for the founder of modern Hebrew, Eliezer Ben Yehuda. Bombing of Swissair Flight 330 Crimes against humanity (47 civilians killed) Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine – General Command On February 21, 1970, HB-ICD[12] a Convair CV-990 Coronado jet named “Baselland” was flying on the route with 38 passengers and nine crew members. A bomb detonated in the aft cargo compartment of the aircraft the aircraft crashed a short time later in a wooded area at Würenlingen near Zürich Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine - General Command, said in Beirut, Lebanon, that it had been responsible for the explosion. Avivim school bus massacre Crimes against humanity (12 civilians killed (9 children)) Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine – General Command This was a terrorist attack on an Israeli school bus on May 22, 1970 in which 12 Israeli civilians were killed, nine of them children, and 25 were wounded. The attack took place on the road to Moshav Avivim, near Israel's border with Lebanon. Two bazooka shells were fired at the bus.[13] Lod Airport massacre Crimes against humanity (26 civilians killed) Japanese Red Army on behalf of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine This was a terrorist attack that occurred on May 30, 1972, in which three members of the Japanese Red Army killed 26 people and injured 80 others at Tel Aviv's Lod airport (now Ben Gurion International Airport).[14] Two of the attackers were killed, while the last survivor was captured after being wounded. Kiryat Shmona massacre Crimes against humanity (18 civilians killed) Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine – General Command This was an attack by three members of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine - General Command on civilians in the Israeli town of Kiryat Shmona on 11 April 1974 which resulted in 18 deaths. Ma'alot massacre Crimes against humanity (25 civilians killed) Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine This was a terrorist attack which included a two-day hostage-taking of 115 people which ended in the deaths of 25 hostages. Bombing of TWA Flight 841 Crimes against humanity (79 civilians killed) Abu Nidal Organization On September 8, 1974, a Boeing 707-331B (tail number N8734) operating as TWA Flight 841 took off from Ben Gurion International Airport, Tel Aviv en route to JFK International Airport, New York City. It was scheduled to land in Athens, followed by Rome, and then proceed to New York. After stopping for 68 minutes in Athens, it departed for Rome. About 30 minutes after takeoff, the plane crashed into the Ionian Sea. The out of control aircraft was observed by crew on the flight deck of Pan Am 110. They watched the aircraft execute a steep climb, the separation of an engine from the wing, and the death spiral. All 79 passengers and nine crew members were killed. The National Transportation Safety Board determined that the plane was destroyed by a bomb hidden in the cargo hold, which caused structural failure resulting in uncontrollable flight. This was the first known instance of a young Arab boarding an American plane in a suicide mission.[15] Savoy Hotel Attack Crimes against humanity (8 hostages killed) Palestine Liberation Organization This was a terrorist attack by members of the Palestine Liberation Organization against the Savoy Hotel in Tel Aviv, Israel, on March 4–5, 1975. Zion Square refrigerator bombing Crimes against humanity (15 civilians killed) Palestine Liberation Organization This was a terrorist attack in downtown Jerusalem, Israel on Friday, July 4, 1975 in which 15 civilians were killed and 77 wounded. The attack was carried out by Ahmed Jabara of the PLO. Coastal Road massacre Crimes against humanity (38 civilians killed) Palestine Liberation Organization This was an attack involving the hijacking of a bus on Israel's Coastal Highway in which 38 Israeli civilians, including 13 children, were killed, and 71 were wounded.[16][17] The attack was planned by Abu Jihad[18] and carried out by the PLO faction Fatah. Bombing of Gulf Air Flight 771 Crimes against humanity (112 civilians killed) Abu Nidal Organization Gulf Air Flight 771 was a flight from Karachi, Pakistan to Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. On 23 September 1983, while the Boeing 737-2P6[19] was on approach to Abu Dhabi International Airport, a bomb exploded in the baggage compartment. The plane crashed in the desert near Mina Jebel Ali between Abu Dhabi and Dubai in the UAE. All seven crew members and 105 passengers died. Most of the dead were Pakistani nationals, many returning to jobs in the Persian Gulf after spending the Eid al Adha holiday with their families in Pakistan.[20] Jaffa Road bus bombings Crimes against humanity (45 people killed) Hamas These were attacks on two No. 18 buses in Jerusalem, Israel in 1996. Hamas suicide bombers killed 45 people in the attacks,[21] which were masterminded by Mohammed Deif, using explosives prepared by Adnan Awul.[22] Passover massacre Crimes against humanity (30 civilians killed) Hamas This was a suicide bombing carried out by Hamas[23] at the Park Hotel in Netanya, Israel on 27 March 2002, during a Passover seder. Thirty civilians were killed in the attack and 140 were injured. It was the deadliest attack against Israelis during the Second Intifada. Tel-Aviv central bus station massacre Crimes against humanity (23 civilians killed) al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades This was a terrorist attack which occurred on January 5, 2003 in which two Palestinian suicide bombers blew themselves up outside the Tel Aviv Central Bus Station in Tel-Aviv, Israel, killing 23 civilians and injuring over 100. Shmuel HaNavi bus bombing Crimes against humanity (23 civilians killed) Hamas Thiswas the suicide bombing of a crowded public bus (Egged bus 2) in the Shmuel HaNavi quarter in Jerusalem, Israel, on August 19, 2003. Twenty-three people were killed and over 130 wounded. Many of the victims were children. Maxim restaurant suicide bombing Crimes against humanity (21 civilians killed) Hanadi Jaradat of the Palestinian Islamic Jihad This was a suicide bombing which occurred on October 4, 2003 in the beachfront "Maxim" restaurant in Haifa, Israel. 21 people were killed in the attack and 51 were injured. Among the victims were two families and four children, including a two-month-old baby WIKIPEDIA

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#275 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,180 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

^^^^^^

We are talking about the opinion of individuals.

And do you honestly expect us to believe that the average person has no access to anti-Israeli or pro-Palestinian media? If I do a simple google search hundreds of thousands of such sites will come up.

And do you honestly think the average person gives a rats arse about a war that seems to be never ending , and in which the particapants seem to keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again .

Most people are to busy struggling to pay their bills and raise their kids , and do not have the energy or the will to expend on a bunch of idiots that want to promote hatred and division .

Lucky for you guys , I AM NOT THE AVERAGE PERSON :lol:

Edited by The Ratiocinator, 19 November 2012 - 05:03 PM.

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#276 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

Not too surprising given the propaganda given out by Hollywood with the hundeds if not thousands of movies/books/tv shows about the Holocaust. They keep bringing out that Israel is a victim rather than an aggressor which is farthest from the truth as possible. Israel got all the tanks, weapons, war planes, and nuclear devices yet the American public think it is the underdog. What a joke!

"Not too surprising given the propaganda given out by Hollywood with the hundeds if not thousands of movies/books/tv shows about the Holocaust. "

Wow, any respect I ever had for you as a poster has completely dissipated. I am at a complete and utter loss of words here for the most part..at least ones that are permissible to be posted here. You actually believe this *%#!....

I'm flabbergasted and that doesn't happen often. Like there's some grand conspiracy in Hollywood, amongst book publishers or television companies to make movies/television programs/publish books....oh, I'm sorry, 'propaganda'.......to make all these programs/books/movies etc about the Holocaust just to shore up support for Israel.

JFC, just when you think you've heard/read the max on CDC ignorance and stupidity.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 19 November 2012 - 05:40 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#277 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,180 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

You seem to have missed this the first time around taxi

Israeli and Palestinian Children Killed
September 29, 2000 - Present

126 Israeli children have been killed by Palestinians and 1,476 Palestinian children have been killed by Israelis since September 29, 2000. (View Sources & More Information) Posted Image

Israelis and Palestinians Killed
Posted Image
1,096 Israelis and at least 6,568 Palestinians have been killed since September 29, 2000. (View Sources & More Information)

Israelis and Palestinians Injured

10,792 Israelis and 59,575 Palestinians have been injured since September 29, 2000. (View Sources & More Information.) Posted Image

Daily U.S. Military Aid to Israel and the Palestinians
Fiscal Year 2011
Posted Image
During Fiscal Year 2011, the U.S. is providing Israel with at least $8.2 million per day in military aid and $0 in military aid to the Palestinians. (View Sources & More Information)
Current Number of Political Prisoners and DetaineesPosted Image
0 Israelis are being held prisoner by Palestinians, while 5,604 Palestinians are currently imprisoned by Israel. (View Sources & More Information)

What does this information tell you taxi , it tells me the loss of life and casualties are very one-sided .

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#278 ahzdeen

ahzdeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,569 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

I feel like I've had this conversation with someone here before. But to sum up, lopsided numbers do not equal injustice. Crimes are not judged by math.

You seem to have missed this the first time around taxi

Israeli and Palestinian Children Killed

126 Israeli children have been killed by Palestinians and 1,476 Palestinian children have been killed by Israelis since September 29, 2000. (View Sources & More Information) Posted Image

Israelis and Palestinians Killed
Posted Image
1,096 Israelis and at least 6,568 Palestinians have been killed since September 29, 2000. (View Sources & More Information)

Israelis and Palestinians Injured

10,792 Israelis and 59,575 Palestinians have been injured since September 29, 2000. (View Sources & More Information.) Posted Image

Daily U.S. Military Aid to Israel and the Palestinians
Fiscal Year 2011
Posted Image
During Fiscal Year 2011, the U.S. is providing Israel with at least $8.2 million per day in military aid and $0 in military aid to the Palestinians. (View Sources & More Information)
Current Number of Political Prisoners and DetaineesPosted Image
0 Israelis are being held prisoner by Palestinians, while 5,604 Palestinians are currently imprisoned by Israel. (View Sources & More Information)

What does this information tell you taxi , it tells me the loss of life and casualties are very one-sided .

Edited by ahzdeen, 19 November 2012 - 05:25 PM.

#279 inane

inane

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

These threads go around and around, just like those two idiots fighting around and around. You could substitute these news articles for any decade in the past 50 years, and frankly the same story for any of the past 2000 years.

Ridiculous. Everybody involved.

#280 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

These threads go around and around, just like those two idiots fighting around and around. You could substitute these news articles for any decade in the past 50 years, and frankly the same story for any of the past 2000 years.

Ridiculous. Everybody involved.

Then you could have just bypassed the thread completely, could you not?

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 19 November 2012 - 05:29 PM.

#281 inane

inane

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

Then you could have just bypassed the thread, could you not?

But then I'd miss having you do the very thing you're telling me I shouldn't do. That wouldn't be much fun would it?

#282 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

But then I'd miss having you do the very thing you're telling me I shouldn't do. That wouldn't be much fun would it?

You, Sir, are the very essence of inanity .. as usual .. :rolleyes:

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#283 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,180 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

Thanks guys i needed that , the atmosphere was getting pretty intense ::D

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#284 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

Except that I actually have posted previously on topic in this thread.

:rolleyes:

What Tearloch7 said.........

You, Sir, are the very essence of inanity .. as usual .. :rolleyes:

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 19 November 2012 - 05:53 PM.

#285 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,180 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

I never thought about the universe, it made me feel small
Never thought about the problems of this planet at all

Global warming, radio-active sites
Imperialistic wrongs and animal rights! No!

Why think of all the bad things when life is so good?
Why help with an 'am' when there's always a 'could'?
Let the whales worry about the poisons in the sea
Outside of California, it's foreign policy

I don't want changes, I have no reactions
Your dilemmas are my distractions

That's no way to go, Franco Un-American
No way to go, Franco Un-American
No way to go, Franco, Franco Un-American

I never looked around, never second-guessed
Then I read some Howard Zinn now I'm always depressed
And now I can't sleep from years of apathy
All because I read a little Noam Chomsky

I'm eating vegetation, 'cause of Fast Food Nation
I'm wearing uncomfortable shoes 'cause of globalization
I'm watching Michael Moore expose the awful truth
I'm listening to Public Enemy and Reagan Youth

I see no world peace 'cause of zealous armed forces
I eat no breath-mints 'cause they're from de-hoofed horses
Now I can't believe; what an absolute failure
The president's laughing 'cause we voted for Nader

That's no way to go, Franco Un-American
Where can we go, Franco Un-American

I want to move north and be a Canadian
Or hang down low with the nice Australians
I don't want to be another "I-don't-care"-ican
What are we gonna do Franco, Franco Un-American

Fat Mike Burkett , and guess what , he is a jew

He thinks highly of canadians and australians .

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#286 Coda

Coda

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

Listen mate , i will say this as simply as i possibly can so you will understand .

Just because i am pointing out the the crimes and actions of one nation , does not mean i am defending the actions of the nation that it is at war with.

As i have said over and over in this thread , i deplore the actions of the fanatics on both side's , i support the side that comes up with a peaceful solution to this conflict that seems to be never ending .

The movie , The promise , which i have posted a video of the director being interviewed , was made by a british jew , who wanted to promote the jewish cause , was a a documentary about the 800 british troops that were sent on a UN mandate to palestine .

Many of those troops fought in the allied landing's and all the way to germany , and when they first got to palestine , they had a deep sympathy for the jews and said they should be given anything they want .

but after seeing some of the attrocities the jews committed , this atittude changed , especially after the dier yassin masssarce , i have seen the re-enactment , the jews would just open doors of houses and gun down the innocent people inside , this was a deliberate ploy to send a message of fear and terror , and it worked ,

The massacre of Palestinians at Deir Yassin is one of the most significant events in 20th-century Palestinian and Israeli history. This is not because of its size or its brutality, but because it stands as the starkest early warning of a calculated depopulation of over 400 Arab villages and cities and the expulsion of over 700,000 Palestinian inhabitants to make room for survivors of the Holocaust and other Jews from the rest of the world.

THE MOVIE PROMISES
I urge you to watch this , it is basically about the future of this conflict , it deals with israeli and palestinian kids and it is unsripted and the kids speak with an honesty that only children speak with , i cried and i laughed {the burping WAR between 2 kids} , and i felt hope and despair

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ryzl0CE5fc&feature=player_embedded

If you care at all about this conflict you will watch this documentary

So you "deplore the actions of the fanatics on both sides". So do I: the problem is Israel doesn't really have the same kind of fanatics that the Palestinians have. Hamas has repeatedly stated their goal of wiping Israel off the map: something the surrounding Arab nations tried to do several times but failed. They deny the holocaust. They brainwash their children into becoming suicide bombers. They hide weapons in mosques and schools. It's a little hard to take your claim of being "fair and balanced" seriously when virtually 100% of your posts are either condemning Israel or supporting Palestinian actions

For example, you bring up the Deir Yassin Massacre, a horrible event that saw approximately 107 Palestinians die. You find it deplorable that victims of the holocaust could resort to such similar attocities. This is a fair statement. However you laugh at me for bringing up the fact that the Palestinian government and the leaders of the U.N. anti-Israel agenda are holocaust deniers.

Do you not see how imbalanced you are?

Statements on the Holocaust

Hamas has been explicit in its Holocaust Denial. In reaction to the Stockholm conference on the Jewish Holocaust, held in late January 2000, Hamas issued a press release which it published on its official website, containing the following statements from a senior leader:

This conference bears a clear Zionist goal, aimed at forging history by hiding the truth about the so-called Holocaust, which is an alleged and invented story with no basis. (...) The invention of these grand illusions of an alleged crime that never occurred, ignoring the millions of dead European victims of Nazism during the war, clearly reveals the racist Zionist face, which believes in the superiority of the Jewish race over the rest of the nations. (...) By these methods, the Jews in the world flout scientific methods of research whenever that research contradicts their racist interests.[235]

In August 2003, senior Hamas official Dr Abd Al-Aziz Al-Rantisi wrote in the Hamas newspaper Al-Risala that the Zionists encouraged murder of Jews by the Nazis with the aim of forcing them to immigrate to Palestine.[236]
In 2005, Khaled Mashal called Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's December 14, 2005 statements on the Holocaust that Europeans had "created a myth in the name of Holocaust"[237]) as "courageous."[238] Later in 2008, Basim Naim, the minister of health in the Hamas-led Palestinian Authority government in Gaza countered holocaust denial, and said "it should be made clear that neither Hamas nor the Palestinian government in Gaza denies the Nazi Holocaust. The Holocaust was not only a crime against humanity but one of the most abhorrent crimes in modern history. We condemn it as we condemn every abuse of humanity and all forms of discrimination on the basis of religion, race, gender or nationality."[239]
In an open letter to Gaza Strip UNRWA chief John Ging published August 20, 2009, the movement's Popular Committees for Refugees called the Holocaust "a lie invented by the Zionists," adding that the group refused to let Gazan children study about it.[240] Hamas leader Younis al-Astal continued by saying that having the Holocaust included in the UNRWA curriculum for Gaza students amounted to "marketing a lie and spreading it." Al-Astal continued "I do not exaggerate when I say this issue is a war crime, because of how it serves the Zionist colonizers and deals with their hypocrisy and lies."[241][242]
In February 2011, Hamas voiced opposition to UNRWA's teaching of the Holocaust in Gaza. According to Hamas, "Holocaust studies in refugee camps is a contemptible plot and serves the Zionist entity with a goal of creating a reality and telling stories in order to justify acts of slaughter against the Palestinian people."[243][244]
In July 2012, Fawzi Barhoum, a Hamas spokesman, denounced a visit by Ziad al-Bandak, an adviser to Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas, to the Auschwitz death camp, saying it was "unjustified" and "unhelpful" and only served the "Zionist occupation" while coming "at the expense of a real Palestinian tragedy". He also called the Holocaust an "alleged tragedy" and "exaggerated."[245][246][247][248]
In October 2012, Hamas said that they were opposed to teaching about the Holocaust in Gaza Strip schools run by the UN Relief and Works Agency. The Refugee Affairs Department of Hamas said that teaching the Holocaust was a “crime against the issue of the refugees that is aimed at canceling their right of return.”[249]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamas#Statements_on_the_Holocaust

#287 Coda

Coda

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

I fully understand , you are just toeing the BS israeli propaghanda line .

Again , EVERYONE ELSE IS WRONG , and you and the Israeli's are right , and the circle of hatred continues .

I've talked with you before about this fallacy. If you don't want to be ridiculed I suggest coming up with some real arguments instead of this recurring "everybody believes this so it must be right!"

#288 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,180 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

So you "deplore the actions of the fanatics on both sides". So do I: the problem is Israel doesn't really have the same kind of fanatics that the Palestinians have. Hamas has repeatedly stated their goal of wiping Israel off the map: something the surrounding Arab nations tried to do several times but failed. They deny the holocaust. They brainwash their children into becoming suicide bombers. They hide weapons in mosques and schools. It's a little hard to take your claim of being "fair and balanced" seriously when virtually 100% of your posts are either condemning Israel or supporting Palestinian actions

For example, you bring up the Deir Yassin Massacre, a horrible event that saw approximately 107 Palestinians die. You find it deplorable that victims of the holocaust could resort to such similar attocities. This is a fair statement. However you laugh at me for bringing up the fact that the Palestinian government and the leaders of the U.N. anti-Israel agenda are holocaust deniers.

Do you not see how imbalanced you are?

http://en.wikipedia....n_the_Holocaust

I do not laugh at you for that , and if you got that impression , i sincerely apologise , the holocaust was one of , if not the worst crime/s against humanity ever committed .

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#289 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,180 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

I've talked with you before about this fallacy. If you don't want to be ridiculed I suggest coming up with some real arguments instead of this recurring "everybody believes this so it must be right!"

Well mate , when 1 person tells me something i listen and think that might be true , but when person after person tells me the same thing , and the FACTS AND EVIDENCE , points to them being right , logic and reason tell me that they are .

And while i want people to believe and accept what i am saying , at the end of the day it bothers me not a whit whether they do .

Edited by The Ratiocinator, 19 November 2012 - 06:05 PM.

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#290 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

I do not laugh at you for that , and if you got that impression , i sincerely apologise , the holocaust was one of , if not the worst crime/s against humanity ever committed .

In modern history, it ranks 1) Holocaust, 2) Disco era .. 3) Donald Trump 4) Being ridiculed by Coda ..

#291 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

Well mate , when 1 person tells me something i listen and think that might be true , but when person after person tells me the same thing , and the FACTS AND EVIDENCE , points to them being right , logic and reason tell me that they are .

And while i want people to believe and accept what i am saying , at the end of the day it bothers me not a whit whether they do .

What you don't seem to understand is that facts and evidence invovles looking at all facts/evidence, not just cherry picking what you want. For isntance, the context of the Deir Yassin massacre.

109 people died. Awful agreed.

However, it occurred in a state of total war in the 1940s. In the leadup to the event the residents of Deir Yassin had been participating in raids against adjacent Jewish civilians. Deir Yassin was placed on the main road that held a key strategic point in the war. Once the Jewish militas invaded they were met with resistance and things escalated quickly. And yes, they got out of control. Of the 109 who died many were armed men, but it's also likely that several dozen civilians died. This, however, wasn't any different than the scenes that were being perpetuated across the arab world against Jews.

What you also fail to mention is that Deir Yassin wasn't built until the late 1800s, which is the same time zionists began to come in large numbers. If Deir yassin is going to be held out as an example of a town that can never be removed, why not he recent Jewish developments from the same time period.

#292 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,180 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

What you don't seem to understand is that facts and evidence invovles looking at all facts/evidence, not just cherry picking what you want. For isntance, the context of the Deir Yassin massacre.

109 people died. Awful agreed.

However, it occurred in a state of total war in the 1940s. In the leadup to the event the residents of Deir Yassin had been participating in raids against adjacent Jewish civilians. Deir Yassin was placed on the main road that held a key strategic point in the war. Once the Jewish militas invaded they were met with resistance and things escalated quickly. And yes, they got out of control. Of the 109 who died many were armed men, but it's also likely that several dozen civilians died. This, however, wasn't any different than the scenes that were being perpetuated across the arab world against Jews.

What you also fail to mention is that Deir Yassin wasn't built until the late 1800s, which is the same time zionists began to come in large numbers. If Deir yassin is going to be held out as an example of a town that can never be removed, why not he recent Jewish developments from the same time period.

You are eithernot reading , or not comprehending what i have posted on this terrorist action

The Dier Yassin Massacre

Early in the morning of Friday, April 9, 1948, commandos of the Irgun, headed by Menachem Begin, and the Stern Gang attacked Deir Yassin, a village with about 750 Palestinian residents. It was several weeks before the end of the British Mandate. The village lay outside of the area that the United Nations recommended be included in a future Jewish State. Deir Yassin had a peaceful reputation and was even said by a Jewish newspaper to have driven out some Arab militants. But it was located on high ground in the corridor between Tel Aviv and Jerusalem and one plan, kept secret until years afterwards, called for it to be destroyed and the residents evacuated to make way for a small airfield that would supply the beleaguered Jewish residents of Jerusalem.

By noon over 100 people, half of them women and children, had been systematically murdered. Four commandos died at the hands of resisting Palestinians using old Mausers and muskets. Twenty-five male villagers were loaded into trucks, paraded through the Zakhron Yosef quarter in Jerusalem, and then taken to a stone quarry along the road between Givat Shaul and Deir Yassin and shot to death. The remaining residents were driven to Arab East Jerusalem.

That evening the Irgunists and the Sternists escorted a party of foreign correspondents to a house at Givat Shaul, a nearby Jewish settlement founded in 1906. Over tea and cookies they amplified the details of the operation and justified it, saying Deir Yassin had become a concentration point for Arabs, including Syrians and Iraqis, planning to attack the western suburbs of Jerusalem. They said that 25 members of the Haganah militia had reinforced the attack and claimed that an Arabic-speaking Jew had warned the villagers over a loudspeaker from an armored car. This was duly reported in The New York Times on April 10.

A final body count of 254 was reported by The New York Times on April 13, a day after they were finally buried. By then the leaders of the Haganah had distanced themselves from having participated in the attack and issued a statement denouncing the dissidents of Irgun and the Stern Gang, just as they had after the attack on the King David Hotel in July 1946. A 1987 study undertaken by Birzeit University's Center for Research and Documentation of Palestinian Society found "the numbers of those killed does not exceed 120".

The Haganah leaders admitted that the massacre "disgraced the cause of Jewish fighters and dishonored Jewish arms and the Jewish flag." They played down the fact that their militia had reinforced the terrorists' attack, even though they did not participate in the barbarism and looting during the subsequent "mopping up" operations.

They also played down the fact that, in Begin's words, "Deir Yassin was captured with the knowledge of the Haganah and with the approval of its commander" as a part of its "plan for establishing an airfield."

Ben Gurion even sent an apology to King Abdullah of Trans-Jordan. But this horrific act served the future State of Israel well. According to Begin:

Arabs throughout the country, induced to believe wild tales of "Irgun butchery," were seized with limitless panic and started to flee for their lives. This mass flight soon developed into a maddened, uncontrollable stampede. The political and economic significance of this development can hardly be overestimated.

Of about 144 houses, 10 were dynamited. The cemetery was later bulldozed and, like hundreds of other Palestinian villages to follow, Deir Yassin was wiped off the map. By September, Orthodox Jewish immigrants from Poland, Rumania, and Slovakia were settled there over the objections of Martin Buber, Cecil Roth and other Jewish leaders, who believed that the site of the massacre should be left uninhabited. The center of the village was renamed Givat Shaul Bet. As Jerusalem expanded, the land of Deir Yassin became part of the city and is now known simply as the area between Givat Shaul and the settlement of Har Nof on the western slopes of the mountain.

The massacre of Palestinians at Deir Yassin is one of the most significant events in 20th-century Palestinian and Israeli history. This is not because of its size or its brutality, but because it stands as the starkest early warning of a calculated depopulation of over 400 Arab villages and cities and the expulsion of over 700,000 Palestinian inhabitants to make room for survivors of the Holocaust and other Jews from the rest of the world

so are you now going to tell me that that jewish newspaper lied ?

And the maasarce of innocent people in their homes is not an act of war , it is an act of TERRORISM

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#293 Edler0023

Edler0023

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

A lot of you keep writing that Hamas wants to and its goal is to wipe Israel off the map - but lets be fair, isnt Israel doing just that to its 'enemy'? Also, aside from the 'Muslim propaganda' on Facebook (seriously?), the legit pictures coming out of Israel and Gaza are truly horrible. I wouldn't undermine the consequences of this on going violence just because you saw 10 fake pictures on freaking Facebook. Israelis are lucky they're better equipped and prepared for this, in comparison to their neighbours. Of course, it helps that Israel has higher grade weapons and what not.

Edited by Edler0023, 19 November 2012 - 07:13 PM.

#294 Edler0023

Edler0023

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

Just heard on SKY btw that targetting and killing journalists is a war crime. ITV, SKY and local Gaza stations were bombed this past weekend.

#295 Coda

Coda

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

The massacre of Palestinians at Deir Yassin is one of the most significant events in 20th-century Palestinian and Israeli history. This is not because of its size or its brutality, but because it stands as the starkest early warning of a calculated depopulation of over 400 Arab villages and cities and the expulsion of over 700,000 Palestinian inhabitants to make room for survivors of the Holocaust and other Jews from the rest of the world

so are you now going to tell me that that jewish newspaper lied ?

And the maasarce of innocent people in their homes is not an act of war , it is an act of TERRORISM

Yes: a terrible massacre of from 64 years ago. Once again your "balanced" viewpoint seems to be fairly focused on this massacre of around 120 people while ignoring the massacre of 6,000,000 jews that had ended just 3 years earlier, which was really the final catalyst for the creation of Israel. I don't know if you understand how different these two numbers are.

You have also derided me for criticizing the U.N.'s focus on Israel. This is an interesting article:

Since 1948, almost 10 million Muslims have died at the hands of fellow Muslims

Where is the outrage over that? Double standards abound. As the Israeli envoy Dan Gillerman said in 2008: "When Christians kill Muslims, it's the Crusades. When Jews kill Muslims it's murder, and when Muslims kill Muslims, it's like talking about the weather. Nobody really cares about it."
And as the late Samuel P. Huntington observed: "Wherever one looks along the perimeter of Islam, Muslims have problems living peaceably with their neighbors. The question naturally rises as to whether this pattern of the late 20th century conflict between Muslim and non-Muslim groups is equally true of relations between groups from other civilizations. In fact, it is not. Muslims make up 1/5 of the world's population but in the 1990s they have been far more involved in intergroup violence than the people of any other civilization....Islam's borders are bloody, and so are its innards."
Note also the Ahmadinejadesque (to coin a new term) rhetoric from Turkey's Erdogan. "Why Golda Meir was right," by Burak Bekdil for the Hurriyet Daily News, August 23 (thanks to Joshua):

It has been more than two and a half years since Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan told to Israeli President Shimon Peres’s face, “You (Jews) know well how to kill.” Prime Minister Erdoğan has also declared more than a few times that the main obstacle to peace in this part of the world is Israel, once calling the Jewish state “a festering boil in the Middle East that spreads hate and enmity.”In this holy month of Ramadan full of blood on Muslim territories, let’s try to identify who are the ones who know well how to kill.

As the Syrian death count clicks every day to come close to 2,000, the Turkish-Kurdish death count does not stop, already over 40,000 since 1984, both adding to the big pool of blood called the Middle East. Only during this Ramadan, the Kurdistan Workers’ Party, or PKK’s, death toll has reached 50 in this Muslim Kurds vs. Muslim Turks war. This excludes the PKK casualties in Turkey and in northern Iraq due to Turkish military retaliation since they are seldom accurately reported.

Let’s speak of facts.

Sudan is not in the conventional Middle East, so let’s ignore the genocide there. Let’s ignore, also, the West Pakistani massacres in East Pakistan (Bangladesh) totaling 1.25 million in 1971. Or 200,000 deaths in Algeria in war between Islamists and the government in 1991-2006.

But a simple, strictly Middle East research will give you one million deaths in the all-Muslim Iran-Iraq war; 300,000 Muslim minorities killed by Saddam Hussein; 80,000 Iranians killed during the Islamic revolution; 25,000 deaths in 1970-71, the days of Black September, by the Jordanian government in its fight against the Palestinians; and 20,000 Islamists killed in 1982 by the elder al-Assad in Hama. The World Health Organization’s estimate of Osama bin Laden’s carnage in Iraq was already 150,000 a few years earlier.

In a 2007 research, Gunnar Heinsohn from the University of Bremen and Daniel Pipes, director of the Middle East Forum, found out that some 11 million Muslims have been violently killed since 1948, of which 35,000, (0.3 percent) died during the six years of Arab war against Israel, or one out of every 315 fatalities. In contrast, over 90 percent who perished were killed by fellow Muslims.

It bears repeating that the Arab nations went to war with Israel with the expectation of annihilating the Jewish state once and for all. But the Arab states kept losing the wars.

According to Mssrs. Heinsohn and Pipes, the grisly inventory finds the total number of deaths in conflicts all over the world since 1950 numbering around 85 million. Of that, the Muslim Arab deaths in the Arab-Israeli conflict were at 46,000 including 11,000 during Israel’s war of independence. That makes 0.05 percent of all deaths in all conflicts, or 0.4 percent of all Arab deaths in the Arab-Israeli conflict.

In another calculation ignoring “small” massacres like the one that goes on in Syria and other deaths during the Arab Spring, only Saddam’s Iraq, Jordan, the elder al-Assad’s Syria, Iran-Iraq war, the bin Laden campaign in Iraq, the Iranian Islamic revolution and the Turkish-Kurdish conflict caused 1.65 million Muslim deaths by Muslims compared to less than 50,000 deaths in the Arab-Israeli conflict since 1950, including fatalities during and after Operation Cast Lead which came after the Heinsohn-Pipes study. For those who don’t have a calculator ready at their desks, allow me to tell: 50,000 is three percent of 1.65 million.

Golda Meir, the fourth prime minister of Israel, or rather the “Mother of Israel,” had a perfectly realistic point when she said that peace in the Middle East would only be possible “when Arabs love their children more than they hate us.

Your balanced viewpoint also lacks any mention to Jewish refugees of Middle Eastern Countries. For example:

Fact Sheet:
Jewish Refugees from Arab Countries

(September 2012)

Related Links: The Arab World | Palestinian Refugees | All Fact Sheets

Posted Image

Although much is heard about the plight of the Palestinian refugees from the aftermath of the 1948 Israeli War of Independence and the 1967 Six Day War, little is said about the hundreds of thousands of Jews who were forced to flee from Arab states before and after the creation of Israel. In fact, these refugees were largely forgotten because they were assimilated into their new homes, most in Israel, and neither the United Nations nor any other international agency took up their cause or demanded restitution for the property and money taken from them.

Posted Image
Yemenite Jews flee during Operation Magic Carpet

In 1945, roughly 1 million Jews lived peacefully in the various Arab states of the Middle East, many of them in communities that had existed for thousands of years. After the Arabs rejected the United Nationsdecision to partition Palestine and create a Jewish state, however, the Jews of the Arab lands became targets of their own governments’ anti-Zionist fervor. As Egypt’s delegate to the UN in 1947 chillingly told the General Assembly: “The lives of one million Jews in Muslim countries will be jeopardized by partition.” The dire warning quickly became the brutal reality.
Throughout 1947 and 1948, Jews in Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Libya, Morocco, Syria, and Yemen (Aden) were persecuted, their property and belongings were confiscated, and they were subjected to severe anti-Jewish riots instigated by the governments. In Iraq, Zionism was made a capital crime. In Syria, anti-Jewish pogroms erupted in Aleppo and the government froze all Jewish bank accounts. In Egypt, bombs were detonated in the Jewish quarter, killing dozens. In Algeria, anti-Jewish decrees were swiftly instituted and in Yemen, bloody pogroms led to the death of nearly 100 Jews.
In January 1948, the president of the World Jewish Congress, Dr. Stephen Wise, appealed to U.S. Secretary of State George Marshall: “Between 800,000 and a million Jews in the Middle East and North Africa, exclusive of Palestine, are in 'the greatest danger of destruction' at the hands of Moslems being incited to holy war over the Partition of Palestine ... Acts of violence already perpetrated, together with those contemplated, being clearly aimed at the total destruction of the Jews, constitute genocide, which under the resolutions of the General Assembly is a crime against humanity." In May 1948, theNew York Times echoed Wise's appeal, and ran an article headlined, "Jews in Grave Danger in all Muslim Lands: Nine Hundred Thousand in Africa and Asia face wrath of their foes."
With their lives in danger and the situation growing ever more perilous, the Jews of the Arab World fled their homes as refugees.
Of the 820,000 Jewish refugees between 1948 and 1972, more than 200,000 found refuge in Europe and North America while 586,000 were resettled in Israel - at great expense to the Israeli government, and without any compensation from the Arab governments who had confiscated their possessions. The majority of the Jewish refugees left their homes penniless and destitute and with nothing more than the shirts on their backs. These Jews, however, had no desire to be repatriated in the Arab World and little is heard about them because they did not remain refugees for long.
In Israel, a newly independent country that was still facing existential threats to its survival, the influx of immigrants nearly doubled the population and a put a great strain on an economy struggling to just meet the needs of its existing population. The Jewish State, however, never considered turning away the refugees and, over the years, worked to absorb them into society.

Posted Image
Iraqi Jews flee as refugees to Israel

Overall, the number of Jews fleeing Arab countries for Israel in the years following Israel’s independence was nearly double the number of Arabs leaving Palestine. The contrast between the Jewish refugees and the Palestinian refugees grows even starker considering the difference in cultural and geographic dislocation - most of the Jewish refugees traveled hundreds or thousands of miles to a tiny country whose inhabitants spoke a different language and lived with a vastly different culture. Most Palestinian refugees traveled but a few miles to the other side of the 1949 armistice lines while remaining inside a linguistically, culturally and ethnically similar society.
Moreover, the value of Jewish property left behind and confiscated by the Arab governments is estimated to be at least 50 percent higher than the total value of assets lost by the Palestinian refugees. In the 1950's, John Measham Berncastle, under the aegis of the United Nations Conciliation Commission for Palestine, estimated that total assets lost by Palestinian refugees from 1948 - including land, buildings, movable property, and frozen bank accounts - amounted to roughly $350 million ($650 per refugee). Adding in an additional $100 million for assets lost by Palestinian refugees as a result of the Six Day War, an approximate total is $450 million - $4.4 billion in 2012 prices. By contrast, the value of assets lost by the Jewish refugees - compiled by a similar methodology - is estimated at $700 million - roughly $6.7 billion today.
To date, more than 100 UN resolutions have been passed referring explicitly to the fate of the Palestinian refugees. Not one has specifically addressed Jewish refugees. Additionally, the United Nations created a organization, UNRWA, to solely handle Palestinian refugees while all other refugees are handled collectively by UNHRC. The UN even defines Palestinian refugees differently than every other refugee population, setting distinctions that have allowed their numbers to grow exponentially so that nearly 5 million are now considered refugees despite the fact that the number estimated to have fled their homes is only approximately 400-700,000.
Today, nearly half of Israel's native population descends from the Jewish refugees of the Arab world and their rights must be recognized alongside any discussion of the rights for Palestinian refugees and their descendants. In Israel, the issue of the Jewish refugees has been of preeminent importance during all peace negotiations with the Palestinians, including the 1993 Oslo Accords and the 2000 Camp David summit. Under the leadership of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon, Israel is now calling on United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki Moon to hold a summit specifically the issue of the Jewish refugees.
In the United States, led by Congressman Jerrold Nadler, efforts are also being made to ensure the world recognizes the plight of these Jewish refugees. In July 2012, Nadler led a bipartisan group of six congressmen in sponsoring H.R. 6242, legislation that would require the President to submit a regular report to Congress on actions taken relating to the resolution of the Jewish refugee issue. Nadler's latest effort comes more than four years after he successfully passed H.R. 185, a non-binding resolution asking the President to ensure that explicit reference is made to the Jewish refugees in any international forum discussing Middle East or Palestinian refugees.

Perhaps if the Arab countries surrounding Israel had made any attempt to accomodate the refugees from Palestine, who afterall had a virtually identical culture, language, religion etc., the problems facing that area of the world could have been severely reduced.

#296 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

http://www.liveleak....=612_1353364533

Look at those monsters that are the Israelis. How dare they make sure the area is clear of civilians while rockets are being launched at their people. You don't like this video, call it propaganda, but you can't fool me. The Israelis are too nice here. If it were me I would have ordered that whole site destroyed immediatly after a rocket launch is seen.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#297 Coda

Coda

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

A lot of you keep writing that Hamas wants to and its goal is to wipe Israel off the map - but lets be fair, isnt Israel doing just that to its 'enemy'? Also, aside from the 'Muslim propaganda' on Facebook (seriously?), the legit pictures coming out of Israel and Gaza are truly horrible. I wouldn't undermine the consequences of this on going violence just because you saw 10 fake pictures on freaking Facebook. Israelis are lucky they're better equipped and prepared for this, in comparison to their neighbours. Of course, it helps that Israel has higher grade weapons and what not.

No: Israel has the most technically advanced and efficient military in the world. Believe it or not the fact that only 100 Palestinians have been killed so far this week is a sign of severely limited engagement. Keep in mind Gaza is a tiny strip of land with 1.7 million people in it...

Edited by Coda, 19 November 2012 - 07:26 PM.

#298 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

Just heard on SKY btw that targetting and killing journalists is a war crime. ITV, SKY and local Gaza stations were bombed this past weekend.

If you heard that then chances are Hamas did too. The perfect place to store weapons. When you can guarantee 100% those sites are clear of any terror weapons such as unguided missiles let me know. Until then too bad Hamas will use any place they can to hide their munitions safely. This is war not a picnic. Innocent people including journalists could become casualties. Perhaps they should avoid the area or ask Hamas to stop launching their indiscriminate rockets. I'm sure Hamas will be all ears(cut off their ears).

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

#299 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:37 PM

Let me throw a senario out there:

Right now you are in a room full of Hamas militants or Israeli soldiers. While both are being bombarded. Then you have to choose one of two options.

1) you are in a room full of Israeli soldiers. You tell them; 'they should leave Israel and hope they are all killed by Hamas militants'.

2) you are in a room full of Hamas Islamic militants. You tell them; 'Palestine should not exist and hope they are all killed by Israeli soldiers'.

Now... Think about these two senarios carefully and honestly tell me you feel more confident in accepting senario #2.

#300 Edler0023

Edler0023

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

If you heard that then chances are Hamas did too. The perfect place to store weapons. When you can guarantee 100% those sites are clear of any terror weapons such as unguided missiles let me know. Until then too bad Hamas will use any place they can to hide their munitions safely. This is war not a picnic. Innocent people including journalists could become casualties. Perhaps they should avoid the area or ask Hamas to stop launching their indiscriminate rockets. I'm sure Hamas will be all ears(cut off their ears).

Fair enough, though I cant guarantee ,,, since Im not there on the ground.

Edited by hockeyville88, 19 November 2012 - 08:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.