The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Israel takes out top Hamas commander after missiles launched from Gaza

Special Ed

An open question to people that disapprove of the Israeli strikes and politics. Lets say Israel just decided to not attack while Hamas was launching rockets. What solution do you have for Israel while they sit and get bombarded? And also which political solution could you force, if you had the power to rule in favor of Palestine.

Serious question. And if you would have israel suddenly 'give up land' how much and please source as to why. Where would they relocate to and who would be in charge of the new Palestinian state. How do you think a large Palestinian state would compare to Israel? Would the militas in the region lay down their arms and finally accept peace?

This is a hypothetical senario in which you make the solution in favor of Palestine. I'm curious to see which results people expect to have and the reasons for some disagreements..

I'm feeling frisky so I will offer my solution until someone can add to the question I have proposed. Of course mine will be pro Israeli because I feel Israel is not the root of our problem. But that radical Islam is and a cite evidence of their large unability to coexist with others around the world peacefully.

My list of main 'problems':

-radical Islam. Will have you killed simply based on your views. Their notorious persecution of women. Extremely unforgiving and violent behavior which has led to more modern day conflicts, than any other people on earth. I have seen evidence that children are groomed to become radical and hate from an early age. Should be a crime within any religion and is form of child abuse.

-militias. Disregard for civilians as they have no political responsibility on casualties. Obscure groups which are difficult to track and take no official political orders. They are not bound to political agreements or to uphold international laws.

Those first two I have listed are not just Israeli problems but global problems as far as I'm concerned. My country Canada and our allies have been in conflict with these groups for a long time now. And as well other countries and even violence within modern day Islamic nations. They can't even get along with themselves.

My beliefs are that regardless of Israel these groups will always fight and be involved with conflict. If not with other countries then with themselves. They have simply not moved onto a point in which they can live in relative harmony along with many other nations.

Why is that?

Well every nation has been attacked. And attacked someone. Had land change hands and been massacred at some point.

So to me the main solution is to MOVE ON. Radical Islamic militias are stuck in the past. There will always be an excuse to fight. Where other nations are past that. The radical Islamic militias will never move On. They must be removed and everything done to separate the civilian population from them. There should be one more ultimatum for peace and negotiations with Israel. But if one more attack should be conducted against Israel as in the past. Overwelming use of force should be used to remove hostile elements for good.

Obviously after everything has been done to seperate the civilians from the conflict areas. I'm think international temporary 'safe zones' or along those lines. These are my thoughts on the conflict as a casual observer. In no way do I claim to be an expert on this issue and am open to reasonable suggestions.

Cheers.

Edit: I'm just at work and will try to respond to posts when I have time. Above included.

I'm feeling frisky so I will offer my solution until someone can add to the question I have proposed. Of course mine will be pro Israeli because I feel Israel is not the root of our problem. But that radical Islam is and a cite evidence of their large unability to coexist with others around the world peacefully.

My list of main 'problems':

-radical Islam. Will have you killed simply based on your views or ethnicity. Their notorious persecution of women. Extremely unforgiving and violent behavior which has led to more modern day conflicts, than any other people on earth. I have seen evidence that children are groomed to become radical and dislike others from an early age. Should be a crime within any religion and is form of child abuse.

-militias. Disregard for civilians as they have no political responsibility on casualties. Obscure groups which are difficult to track and take no official political orders. They are not bound to political agreements or to uphold international laws.

Those first two I have listed are not just Israeli problems but global problems as far as I'm concerned. My country Canada and our allies have been in conflict with these groups for a long time now. And as well other countries and even violence within modern day Islamic nations. They can't even get along with themselves.

My beliefs are that regardless of Israel these groups will always fight and be involved with conflict. If not with other countries then with themselves. They have simply not moved onto a point in which they can live in relative harmony along with many other nations.

Why is that?

Well every nation has been attacked. And attacked someone. Had land change hands and been massacred at some point.

So to me the main solution is to MOVE ON. Radical Islamic militias are stuck in the past. There will always be an excuse to fight. Where other nations are past that. The radical Islamic militias will never move On. They must be removed and everything done to separate the civilian population from them. There should be one more ultimatum for peace and negotiations with Israel. But if one more attack should be conducted against Israel as in the past. Overwelming use of force should be used to remove hostile elements for good.

Obviously after everything has been done to seperate the civilians from the conflict areas. I'm think international temporary 'safe zones' or along those lines. These are my thoughts on the conflict as a casual observer. In no way do I claim to be an expert on this issue and am open to reasonable suggestions.

Cheers.

Edit: I'm just at work and will try to respond to posts when I have time. Above included.

If you're going to refuse to apologize for comparing Israel to Nazi Germany then I don't need to participate in this discussion with you. I just showed you how Israel's settlements and existence are all completely justified. I also tried to explain to you why the Zionist movement exists and why the Jewish people need it for our survival as a people.

I'm not wasting anymore of my time on this. You're free to side with the cause of Arabs, but you're not free to insult the Jewish people in such a blatant manner. In most Western countries, some of the things you just said could be construed as hate speech. Clearly part of the reason you've spent so much time on here is because your desire to antagonize people.

60 years after the Holocaust, the entire world has spent all their sympathies on the Arabs and have none left for the Jews. Both sides have made mistakes-but one side is directly targeting civilians and the other is targeting terrorists who fire rockets at their civilians. Clearly you're the one blinded by ignorance. You've probably never met a Jew or an Israeli in you're life, but yet you're so quick to write us off as a nation of war mongers and land grabbers.

You claim that you respect Israel's right to defend itself, but yet you've referred to everything Israel has done ever to defend itself as a violation of International Law. The language of International Law has to be severely manipulated most of the time in order for Israel to be in violation of it.

If you're going to refuse to apologize for comparing Israel to Nazi Germany then I don't need to participate in this discussion with you. I just showed you how Israel's settlements and existence are all completely justified. I also tried to explain to you why the Zionist movement exists and why the Jewish people need it for our survival as a people.

I'm not wasting anymore of my time on this. You're free to side with the cause of Arabs, but you're not free to insult the Jewish people in such a blatant manner. In most Western countries, some of the things you just said could be construed as hate speech. Clearly part of the reason you've spent so much time on here is because your desire to antagonize people.

60 years after the Holocaust, the entire world has spent all their sympathies on the Arabs and have none left for the Jews. Both sides have made mistakes-but one side is directly targeting civilians and the other is targeting terrorists who fire rockets at their civilians. Clearly you're the one blinded by ignorance. You've probably never met a Jew or an Israeli in you're life, but yet you're so quick to write us off as a nation of war mongers and land grabbers.

You claim that you respect Israel's right to defend itself, but yet you've referred to everything Israel has done ever to defend itself as a violation of International Law. The language of International Law has to be severely manipulated most of the time in order for Israel to be in violation of it.

AS IT HAPPENS: Israel, Hamas trade blows in bloody Gaza conflict

• November 19, 2012 8:40Am

171585-palestinian-demonstrator.jpg

A Palestinian demonstrator throws stones during a protest against Israel's ongoing military operation in the Gaza Strip, in front of the headquarters of the Palestinian security forces in the West Bank city of Jenin Picture: Saif Dahlah Source: AFP

871041-mideast-israel-palestinians.jpg

Smoke rises during an explosion from an Israeli forces strike in Gaza City. Israel bombarded the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip with nearly 200 airstrikes early Saturday, the military said, widening a blistering assault on Gaza rocket operations. Picture: Hatem Moussa Source: AP

Recommended Coverage

495665-tel-aviv.jpg

THE only thing on people's minds yesterday morning in Tel Aviv was when the next attack might come.

150197-israel.jpg

SPECIAL REPORT: THE orange streaks raced upwards. Six of them. In volleys of two.

324115-israeli-soldiers.jpg

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

THE Middle East is once again at flashpoint, as Israel and Hamas trade bloody body blows in Gaza and Tel Aviv.

8.40am: The Israeli Defence Force says it's Iron Dome has intercepted three more rockets fired from Gaza into heavily populated areas of Israel.

7.26am: New Israeli air raids have killed two people in Gaza City, taking the death toll to 25 on the bloodiest day of Israel's bombing campaign, Hamas's health ministry says.

The latest deaths came in the Gaza City neighbourhood of Tal al-Hawa.

"Two Palestinians were killed in an air strike on the Tal al-Hawa neighbourhood," Hamas health ministry spokesman Ashraf al-Qudra said, without adding details.

The latest violence hiked the Palestinian casualty toll to 71 dead and more than 600 injured in almost 100 hours of raids, while three Israelis have been killed and more than 50 injured by rocket fire since Wednesday.

7.01am: About 500 Egyptian activists have have crossed into Gaza to deliver medical supplies and show support for Palestinians facing an Israeli offensive.

Hundred of Palestinians have reportedly been injured in clashes across the West Bank, many of them suffering the effects of tear gas.

Al Jazeera reports a 20-month-old baby was among those affected by the tear gas. Elsewhere about 120 people were injured in protests in Tulkarem, many of them by rubber bullets.

5.45am: AP and Al Jazeera now say 11 members of the Dallo family were killed in an Israeli airstrike, including an 80-year-old woman and four children.

Reuters also count 11 deaths in the attack on a top militant that destroyed a three-storey home.

Hugh_01-1--FayyadInterview_normal.jpg

It is the biggest single loss of life in the conflict that began last week.

Overall, at least 30 people died in Gaza from Israeli strikes on Sunday.

As of a few hours ago the IDF said 55 missiles had been fired into Israel from Gaza on Sunday, of which 36 were intercepted by Iron Dome.

PALESTINIAN-ISRAEL-GAZA-CONFLICT

249345-palestinian-israel-gaza-conflict.jpg

Palestinians point a the spot where they believe the children of al-Dallu family are trapped following an Israeli air strike on their house in Gaza City. Picture: AFP Source: AFP

5.30am: According to the BBC, "Ha'aretz newspaper in Israel reports that an Israeli envoy in talks in Cairo is seeking a twin-stage ceasefire.

"First a 'small calm', in which Israeli air strikes and Gaza rocket fire would halt, and then talks leading to a 'big calm'."

However there is one report from an NPR/The Times correspondent saying the talks have already failed:

IMG_0044_normal.JPG

Pragmatically?? .. as I have said many times, nuke the whole area and leave it in your "God's" hands .. that is the simplest solution

Realistically, Israel needs to return to pre-67 positions .. Arab League, US, China, Russia and UN all need to have hands-on roles in the settlement and peace plan process .. Turkey could play a key role .. and Iran has to be told in no uncertain terms to bugger off ..

Wasn't the founding of their state authorized by the UN? If so are there not countless other similar apologies to make? And how simple do you believe to remove the already well established state of Israel and all it's people? Where shall they go? What about the crimes and attacks committed against israel by their neighbours as well? Bombing tourist buses. Assassinating Olympic team. Random rocket fire. I guess it's just accepted to not get any apologies there right?

Since Israel must cede land back to the so called 'natives' after being well established. I would argue it's only fair to follow suit and cede land to all natives around the world. Where will you move out of Australia to? Where will north and South Americans go? Is there even room enough to return to Europe? We can always just all return to the ocean and drown ourselves lol Many people were force off their land. Welcome to planet earth.

Wasn't the founding of their state authorized by the UN? If so are there not countless other similar apologies to make? And how simple do you believe to remove the already well established state of Israel and all it's people? Where shall they go? What about the crimes and attacks committed against israel by their neighbours as well? Bombing tourist buses. Assassinating Olympic team. Random rocket fire. I guess it's just accepted to not get any apologies there right?

Since Israel must cede land back to the so called 'natives' after being well established. I would argue it's only fair to follow suit and cede land to all natives around the world. Where will you move out of Australia to? Where will north and South Americans go? Is there even room enough to return to Europe? We can always just all return to the ocean and drown ourselves lol Many people were force off their land. Welcome to planet earth.

Or, this entire operation is nothing more than a smokescreen, a collective punishment against the Palestinians and a physical intimidation and threat against Palestine demanding official status in the UN, which Palestinians declared on Nov. 12th that they would seek at the end of this month. Hours later, the bombardment against Gaza begins.

Or, this entire operation is nothing more than a smokescreen, a collective punishment against the Palestinians and a physical intimidation and threat against Palestine demanding official status in the UN, which Palestinians declared on Nov. 12th that they would seek at the end of this month. Hours later, the bombardment against Gaza begins.

Or, this entire operation is nothing but a smokescreen, to instigate Israel into fighting with use of rockets(physical intimidation?) by Palestinians to try and discredit Israel with the UN. How about that version? And wouldn't it make more sense for Hamas to not fire hundreds of rockets while waiting for official status? Perhaps the rockets were all fired by Mossad. What do you think?

Archived