Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

Spoiler

Thank you for this, well done! :)

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 19 November 2012 - 11:38 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#332 Edler0023

Edler0023

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

What else do the Palestinians have but "civilian" areas .. they have been compressed into a small area and are over-crowded almost to ghetto levels .. and, as a point of fact ,, just because someone disagrees with you does not make them a "hater" .. if that was the case, you would be a "hater" .. both sides are wrong in this .. some folks will accept the reality of that fact .. others wear blinders that allow them to overlook the needless suffering that is taking place ..

I hope when you who glorify this conflict get to lay your heads down upon your pillow this night to sleep, and close your eyes and ears .. I hope you do not hear the echo of a child crying or replay images of a child suffering .. imagine the long term effects on these children on both sides, and thank your "God" it is not you or your child ..

PTSD - I cannot even imagine. My heart breaks for the children of Israel and Gaza.

#333 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

I too am done .. I hope I can sleep tonight .. man's inhumanity to man once again rules the day .. peace to you all .. and may there someday be peace between all people of good will .. alas, I will not hold my breath .. :(

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#334 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

What else do the Palestinians have but "civilian" areas .. they have been compressed into a small area and are over-crowded almost to ghetto levels ...

Wow. You really don't believe that Hamas cannot find unpopulated areas to fire weapons? Or keep an area clear of their own people? So their own civilians don't drive through and get bombed by mistake? They are easily capable of doing that. I can only surmise Hamas puts civilians in danger intentionally. Palestinian civilian casualties are good to them. They know it.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#335 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,210 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

No it's you who isn't listening and choosing to be very selective with your facts. What went on at Dier Yassin was horrible, but you should also look at it in context. It happened in a state of total war (look that term up) when Israel was invaded by many arab armies. Arab armies that had sworn to kill every jew and throw them into the sea. By that point riots had already broken out all over the Arab world, which involved killing hundreds of Jews at a time.There is no evidence to show the massacre was planned. The act was exploited by both sides afterwards. Both used it to create fear and hantred towards the Jews. The Arabs used it as rallying cry. The Jews used it to cause fear. Also, if you look through 60 years of warfare just about every nation has committed a similar act. By your logic, Germans should be able to burn down allied town because the allies burnt down Dresden 60 years ago. And some lame Op-Ed piece written 50 years after the fact proves absolutely nothing. Also, your position of: "I'm not saying terrorist acts are justified, they're just not wrong because Israel deserves it, but I still condone all violence"...is really tiring.

The germans did burn down an allied town , coventry , and my father lived through the firebombing of coventry Taxi .

And these slurs against my integrity WILL STOP NOW TAXI.

You and others throw these slurs , that i support hamas , that israel deserves it , and i call you out , to point out where i have done this , and GET NO REPLY .

Because i have not and never will condone war , terror , and especially attacks on innocent civilians

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#336 Lancaster

Lancaster

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:25 AM

Not to be taken too seriously, but it does have some good points.

#337 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:31 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIEeiDjdUuU

Not to be taken too seriously, but it does have some good points.

That had me in absolute stitches. Thanks. I'm just going to have to auto +1 you from now on Sir Lancaster.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

#338 CanuckRow

CanuckRow

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,087 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:11 AM

15yezck.jpg

@Chel24Seven

#339 Coda

Coda

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:15 AM

This is a children's show on a Gaza government TV station.

The mickey mouse club is a bit different than I remember as a kid!

#340 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,210 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:35 AM

So this thread has devovled into people posting up propaganda videos :sadno:

Will there be a twitter war next ?

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#341 Coda

Coda

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:40 AM

So this thread has devovled into people posting up propaganda videos :sadno:

Will there be a twitter war next ?

I am actually quite anti-hamas: the videos were not posted to promote Hamas, but rather to demonstrate how deranged they are.

#342 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,891 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:42 AM

Ya... this has really spiralled gentlemen. I was hoping this would be primarily a news thread, but has since devolved into a shouting match about which side is the greater evil, because let's face it neither side is clean.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#343 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,891 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:45 AM

I am actually quite anti-hamas: the videos were not posted to promote Hamas, but rather to demonstrate how deranged they are.

I'm pretty sure everyone knew what you were doing when you posted the vid.

'they' so you are resorting to the 'other'... no wonder the liberals here have fled.

2d7ye0p.jpg

#344 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,210 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

Ya... this has really spiralled gentlemen. I was hoping this would be primarily a news thread, but has since devolved into a shouting match about which side is the greater evil, because let's face it neither side is clean.

speaking of which

Israel and Gaza trade blows as truce talks continue
  • November 20, 2012 6:15PM

Gaza toll mounts as truce efforts build

Posted Image

Watch
Close

Gaza toll mounts as truce efforts build

Israeli air strikes continue to pound Gaza with more than 100 Palestinians killed, as the US, UN and Egypt push for a ceasefire.
Sky News20 November 2012
ISRAELI leaders have discussed an Egyptian plan for a truce with Gaza's ruling Hamas, reports say, before a mission by the UN chief to Jerusalem and as the toll from Israeli raids on Gaza rose over 100.
The early morning talks came as the UN Security Council hit a deadlock on a statement on the conflict with the United States saying it opposed any action that undermines efforts to reach a ceasefire.
Ministers in Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's inner circle - the Forum of Nine - held lengthy talks over whether to agree to a ceasefire or expand the air and naval campaign into a ground operation, but no decision was announced, Israeli public radio reported.
It said Israel would like a 24 to 48-hour truce to be observed so that the two sides could work out a lasting ceasefire, with Israel possibly looking into easing its embargo on the Gaza Strip.
One Israeli television channel suggested Netanyahu was inclined to approve a truce, with a halt to the hostilities seen within 24 hours.

Posted Image
A Palestinian man carries a stuffed toy in a street littered with debris after a Israeli air raid on a nearby sporting centre in Gaza City on November 19. Picture: AFP
As the violence raged for a sixth day on Monday, with Israeli strikes killing 32 Palestinians, a missile killed a senior Islamic Jihad militant in a Gaza City tower housing Palestinian and international media, the second time in as many days it has been targeted.
With UN chief Ban Ki-moon in Cairo pushing for a ceasefire, Hamas chief Khaled Meshaal said his movement was committed to efforts to secure a truce, but insisted that Israel must lift its six-year blockade of the Gaza Strip.
In New York, US ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice said there had to be an agreed ceasefire between the Israelis and Hamas for any halt in violence to be ''meaningful or sustainable''.
But Russia warned that unless an Arab-proposed statement calling for Israel-Hamas hostilities to end was agreed by Tuesday morning local time it would press for a vote on the full council resolution - setting up a potential veto clash with the United States.

Posted Image
A Palestinian woman mourns after an Israeli air strike destroyed her house in the town of Jabalia, in the northern Gaza Strip, on November 19. Picture: AFP
The United States, Britain, France and Germany all had problems with a text proposed by Arab nations last Thursday because it made no mention of rocket fire from Palestinian militants in Gaza, diplomats said.
Terrified and desperate, many Gaza families have fled their homes, some seeking haven in the south, which has seen fewer strikes.
Mourners flocked to the funeral of nine members of one family killed in a weekend strike on a Gaza City home, the bodies of the five children carried through the streets wrapped in Palestinian flags.
As the overall death toll in Gaza hit 109, with the 32 killed on Monday making it the bloodiest day so far, the Israeli army said that 42 rockets had struck Israel and another 19 had been intercepted by the Iron Dome defence system.

Posted Image
An Israeli youth cries after a rocket was launched from the Gaza Strip on November 19 in Ashkelon, Israel. Picture: Getty Images
To date, the military has struck more than 1350 targets in Gaza, and 640 rockets have hit southern Israel while another 324 have been intercepted.
The violence, coming ahead of an Israeli general election on January 22, raised the spectre of a broader Israeli military campaign like its 22-day Operation Cast Lead, launched at the end of December 2008.
All signs point to preparations for a ground operation, with the army sealing all roads around Gaza and some 40,000 reservists reportedly massed along the border.
The latest negotiations aimed at ending the conflict, held behind closed doors in Cairo, ended without agreement. But all sides were willing to enter more talks.

Posted Image
An Israeli child plays in a large concrete pipe used as a bomb shelter on November 19 In Nitzan, Israel. Picture: Getty Images
As Russia accused the United States of seeking to ''filibuster'' a UN Security Council statement on Gaza, Ban was to meet Egypt's Foreign Minister Mohammed Kamel Amr, and President Mohamed Morsi and Arab League chief Nabil al-Arabi on Tuesday.
He will then go to Jerusalem to see Israeli leaders but has no plan to go to Gaza.
The League's Arabi is due in Gaza on Tuesday, accompanied by Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu and several Arab top diplomats.
Hamas is also understood to be seeking guarantees Israel will stop its targeted killings, like the one that killed a top military commander on Wednesday, sparking the current hostilities.

Posted Image
Israelis take cover in a stairway during a rocket attack from the Gaza Strip on November 19 in Ashkelon, Israel. Picture: Getty Images
Israel has its own demands, with Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman insisting ''the first and absolute condition for a truce is stopping all fire from Gaza.''
Death toll reaches 109
As at 6pm AEDT Israeli strikes have killed 32 Palestinians, taking the Gaza death toll to 109 as UN chief Ban Ki-moon joined efforts to end the worst violence in four years and Israel's inner circle of ministers mulled their next move.
An Israeli missile killed a senior Islamic Jihad militant in a Gaza City tower housing Palestinian and international media, the second time in as many days it has been targeted.

Plea for truce as death toll rises

Posted Image

Watch
Close

Plea for truce as death toll rises

Israeli strikes have killed 24 Palestinians, taking the death toll past 100 as the UN chief urges a truce.
Sky News20 November 2012
With UN chief Ban Ki-moon in Cairo pushing for a ceasefire, Hamas chief Khaled Meshaal said his movement was committed to efforts to secure a truce, but insisted that Israel must lift its six-year blockade of the Gaza Strip.
Terrified and desperate, many Gaza families have fled their homes, some seeking haven in the south which has seen fewer strikes. But they know nowhere is safe.
Mourners flocked to the funeral of nine members of one family killed in a weekend strike on a Gaza City home, the tiny bodies of the five children carried through the streets wrapped in Palestinian flags.
As the overall death toll in Gaza hit 109, with another 32 people killed on Monday making it the bloodiest day so far, the Israeli army said that 42 rockets had struck Israel and another 19 had been intercepted by the Iron Dome defence system.

Posted Image
Palestinian firefighters try to extinguish a blaze after an Israeli air strike on the Islamic National Bank building in Gaza City today. Picture: AFP
To date, the military has struck more than 1350 targets in Gaza, and 640 rockets have hit southern Israel while another 324 have been intercepted.
The violence, coming ahead of an Israeli general election on January 22, raised the spectre of a broader Israeli military campaign like its 22-day Operation Cast Lead, launched at the end of December 2008.
Analysts say the Israeli leadership appears satisfied with the success of Operation Pillar of Defence and that it could be ready for a ceasefire.
But the Jewish state has also signalled a readiness to expand the operation.

Posted Image
Israeli artillery shells attack a target in the Gaza Strip on Israel's border. Picture: Getty Images/ Christopher Furlong
All the signs point to preparations for a ground operation, with the army sealing all roads around Gaza and some 40,000 reservists reportedly massed along the border, awaiting orders from the political echelon.
Dan Harel, former deputy chief of the Israeli military, said there was a maximum of 48 hours for Egyptian-led truce efforts to bear fruit or the troops would have to go in.
"There are two basic alternatives,'' he told journalists.
"One is an agreement, cooked in Cairo, and the other is escalating the situation and moving forward into the Gaza Strip with a land effort, which is going to be bad for both sides,'' he said in English.

Posted Image
Israeli soldiers prepare weapons in a deployment area on November 19 on Israel's border with the Gaza Strip. Picture: Getty Images
"We are about 24 to 48 hours from this junction.''
Iran instigated Gaza violence: Peres
Against the backdrop of continued violence, the President of Israel has told CNN that Hamas is backed by Iran and while the Jewish state won't go to war with its neighbour, it is trying to prevent long-range missiles from the rogue state reaching Gaza.
"The unpleasant one is the Iranians. They are trying again to encourage the Hamas to continue the shooting, the bombing, they trying to send them arms," Shimon Peres told CNN's Piers Morgan.

Posted Image
Palestinian civilians watch as firefighters extinguish fire from a car after it was hit by an Israeli air strike in Beit Lahia, northern of Gaza Strip, on November 19. Picture: AFP
"They are out of their mind," he said.
"And we are not going to make a war with Iran but we are trying to prevent the shipping of long range missiles which Iran is sending to Hamas. And they are urge to Hamas to fire," President Peres said.
"I think that Iran is a little bit disappointed that not only the Israeli army is trying to stop it, but also the Israeli people are behaving with great courage and great understanding."
Iran's willingness to fund terror organisations is a problem for countries other than Israel, Mr Peres said.

Posted Image
Birzeit University students clash with Israeli soldiers at the Atara checkpoint close to the university as they protest against Israel's military action on the Gaza Strip, on November 19. Picture: AFP
"Iran is a problem, world problem. Not only from the point of view of building a nuclear danger, but also from the point of being a center of world terror. They finance, they train, they send arms, they urge, no responsibility, nor any moral consideration. It’s a world problem and you know it," he said.
While talks are ongoing in an effort to reach a truce, ending the violence is in everyone's interests, Mr Peres said.
"The negotiations are still being continued. It's difficult for all parties, but it's not over and the best choice for all of us is to stop shooting," he said.
Those who criticise Israel's actions should suggest a solution, he said.

Posted Image
Israeli forces stand by their armoured vehicle seen ablaze after Palestinian protestors thew a Molotov cocktail on it during clashes in the centre of the divided West Bank city of Hebron, near the Israeli Beit Hadassa settlement, on November 19. Picture: AFP
"Whoever criticizes us should suggest an alternative - we started with great restraint. In the last six days 1200 missiles fall on our civilians lives, on mothers, on children. We tried to do it with restraint, but apparently they hide themselves in private homes, even in mosques, and we are trying to do our best not to hit any civilian on the other side, but unfortunately a war is a war and they can stop it in one minute if they’ll stop shooting, there won’t be any causalities," he said

Edited by The Ratiocinator, 20 November 2012 - 03:02 AM.

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#345 Coda

Coda

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:00 AM

I'm pretty sure everyone knew what you were doing when you posted the vid.

'they' so you are resorting to the 'other'... no wonder the liberals here have fled.

I don't know what you mean by "the other". Are you somehow talking about my use of the pronoun "they" when talking about Hamas? I can never keep my pronouns straight... governments are made up of people you know.

As it happens, I find everything about a situation where (a) a government tv program teaches children from infancy to hate everything Israeli and Jewish (B) young children decide they want to martyr themselves to kill Israelis and © the tv hosts praises them for it kind of deranged. Don't you? Or do you find that to be a healthy series of events.

#346 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,210 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:06 AM

I don't know what you mean by "the other". Are you somehow talking about my use of the pronoun "they" when talking about Hamas? I can never keep my pronouns straight... governments are made up of people you know.

As it happens, I find everything about a situation where (a) a government tv program teaches children from infancy to hate everything Israeli and Jewish ( B) young children decide they want to martyr themselves to kill Israelis and © the tv hosts praises them for it kind of deranged. Don't you? Or do you find that to be a healthy series of events.

terrorists are 16 year old kids who have been promised Jihad sex

maybe if they could see a womans face
they might not get onto that plane
with a bomb in their suitcase

72 virgins can never stop a war

Fat mike burkett

Edited by The Ratiocinator, 20 November 2012 - 03:08 AM.

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#347 Dellins

Dellins

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:07 AM

As it happens, I find everything about a situation where (a) a government tv program teaches children from infancy to hate everything Israeli and Jewish ( B) young children decide they want to martyr themselves to kill Israelis and © the tv hosts praises them for it kind of deranged. Don't you? Or do you find that to be a healthy series of events.

More rhetoric pls.

#348 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,891 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:14 AM

So now I'm the straw man who hates Jews and wants to see children martyr themselves...??

The they comment you made was reflective of the psychological notion of the 'other', that in which one paints as pure evil while ignoring their own insecurities. See Hegel, Schelling or even Nietzsche.

Notice once again, the individual you have decided to corner into a shouting match is not in fact arguing.

2d7ye0p.jpg

#349 Coda

Coda

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

So now I'm the straw man who hates Jews and wants to see children martyr themselves...??

The they comment you made was reflective of the psychological notion of the 'other', that in which one paints as pure evil while ignoring their own insecurities. See Hegel, Schelling or even Nietzsche.

Notice once again, the individual you have decided to corner into a shouting match is not in fact arguing.

Apparently you're not arguing with me regarding Hamas and its childrens tv programming, so I take it you agree with me. If so, I am at a loss to what you are taking issue with.

#350 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,891 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:42 AM

Apparently you're not arguing with me regarding Hamas and its childrens tv programming, so I take it you agree with me. If so, I am at a loss to what you are taking issue with.

I am taking issue with you de-constructing this thread into an attack on Palestinians, while using members here as targets for these apparent rants. You went after Ratio, for no conceivable reason other than he was here posting articles which didn't necessarily reflect your limited scope of the issue. Instead of opening discussion, you have since reduced your posting to that of propaganda videos, and making Palestinians out to be an Orwellian society bent solely on destruction.

It's not my thread to lecture you in, but I along with others are getting sick of this 'lets attack this poster for inserting articles that don't reflect my opinion'. Feel free to attack the source of the article, don't attack the poster.

2d7ye0p.jpg

#351 Coda

Coda

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:02 AM

I am taking issue with you de-constructing this thread into an attack on Palestinians, while using members here as targets for these apparent rants. You went after Ratio, for no conceivable reason other than he was here posting articles which didn't necessarily reflect your limited scope of the issue. Instead of opening discussion, you have since reduced your posting to that of propaganda videos, and making Palestinians out to be an Orwellian society bent solely on destruction.

It's not my thread to lecture you in, but I along with others are getting sick of this 'lets attack this poster for inserting articles that don't reflect my opinion'. Feel free to attack the source of the article, don't attack the poster.

Interestingly you're doing with me exactly what you accuse me of doing with Ratio. Apparently it's not ok for me to go after him for his one sided posts, but its ok for you to go after me for deriding hamas?

I think those children's show clips are a lot more relevant to the current situation than the article ratio posted repeatedly regarding war crimes 64 years ago.

#352 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

Deconstructing a thread into an attack on Palestinians.

Deconstructing a thread into an attack on Israelis.

Whats the difference?

You have also accused him of doing exactly what you just did in your post above.

Doesnt jive with you? He has a limited scope of understanding.

Doesnt jive with you? He posts propaganda.

And this is precisely why these threads go around in circles.

Pick a side a defend it vigorously....
Sent from my iPhone Canucks App

It is not my intent to get in circular arguments with anybody. The reason i have avoided saying anything specific is because i know you or someone else will attempt to find an alternate explanation to my points which i intern will have to defend. I see no point in getting involved with the circular argument that is already well under way in this thread. I simply intended to voice my opinion on the subject. In the end either you accept the possibility of corruption and conspiracy or you don't.

Also i find your comments to be very childish. Does taking what i say out of context, paraphrasing and misquoting it make you feel good about yourself? Grow up.

Logic at its finest.

#353 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,891 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:19 AM

Deconstructing a thread into an attack on Palestinians.

Deconstructing a thread into an attack on Israelis.

Whats the difference?

You have also accused him of doing exactly what you just did in your post above.

Doesnt jive with you? He has a limited scope of understanding.

Doesnt jive with you? He posts propaganda.

And this is precisely why these threads go around in circles.

Pick a side a defend it vigorously....

Ok, I honestly don't see how you could misconstrue any of what I've said as being unfair or a personal attack. I am simply asking Coda, as well as some other posters on here to correct the direction of their posts into less of a pissing match and more of an informed discussion. Posting propaganda videos does not accomplish this end. But alas it seems things have devolved further than I thought as this thread has equated to taking a side on the issue, and not discussing the current events or potential outcome. I now understand why Palestinians and Israelis feud so much, if only for this micro-example of a thread, one side refuses to see the other's perspective.

EDIT: Oh and just to make sure you understand I'm firmly down the middle, and not some sort of villain because I haven't taken out the Israel pom poms, I feel I should repost this:

Edited by Ossi Vaananen, 20 November 2012 - 04:22 AM.

2d7ye0p.jpg

#354 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,891 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:21 AM

double post.

Edited by Ossi Vaananen, 20 November 2012 - 04:21 AM.

2d7ye0p.jpg

#355 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,210 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:26 AM

Interestingly you're doing with me exactly what you accuse me of doing with Ratio. Apparently it's not ok for me to go after him for his one sided posts, but its ok for you to go after me for deriding hamas?

I think those children's show clips are a lot more relevant to the current situation than the article ratio posted repeatedly regarding war crimes 64 years ago.

Not all my posts were one sided coda , and i have been the only poster to list the war crimes of the palestinians , i have been the only poster to regularly post up news reports on this conflict . Get your facts straight buddy .

Most of the time though i was in a debate with you and others , so of course my posts would be centred around supporting my point of view .

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#356 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:02 AM

Ok, I honestly don't see how you could misconstrue any of what I've said as being unfair or a personal attack. I am simply asking Coda, as well as some other posters on here to correct the direction of their posts into less of a pissing match and more of an informed discussion. Posting propaganda videos does not accomplish this end. But alas it seems things have devolved further than I thought as this thread has equated to taking a side on the issue, and not discussing the current events or potential outcome. I now understand why Palestinians and Israelis feud so much, if only for this micro-example of a thread, one side refuses to see the other's perspective.

EDIT: Oh and just to make sure you understand I'm firmly down the middle, and not some sort of villain because I haven't taken out the Israel pom poms, I feel I should repost this:

I think the discussion is informed in as much as information is being shared. Whether one person is more informed than another depends on that persons view and remains to be seen.

- "I now understand why Palestinians and Israelis feud so much, if only for this micro-example of a thread, one side refuses to see the other's perspective."

One of this problems is that its much bigger than one side vs another. In fact their are multiple sides.

Palestinians fire rockets etc into Israel because they are treated like crap and they have no options.

Israel treats `em like crap because they are loath to give an inch lest a yard is taken as they are all too aware is a possibility given the recent history with surrounding countries.

Edited by لني, 20 November 2012 - 05:03 AM.

Sent from my iPhone Canucks App

It is not my intent to get in circular arguments with anybody. The reason i have avoided saying anything specific is because i know you or someone else will attempt to find an alternate explanation to my points which i intern will have to defend. I see no point in getting involved with the circular argument that is already well under way in this thread. I simply intended to voice my opinion on the subject. In the end either you accept the possibility of corruption and conspiracy or you don't.

Also i find your comments to be very childish. Does taking what i say out of context, paraphrasing and misquoting it make you feel good about yourself? Grow up.

Logic at its finest.

#357 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,210 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:25 AM

I think the discussion is informed in as much as information is being shared. Whether one person is more informed than another depends on that persons view and remains to be seen.

- "I now understand why Palestinians and Israelis feud so much, if only for this micro-example of a thread, one side refuses to see the other's perspective."

One of this problems is that its much bigger than one side vs another. In fact their are multiple sides.

Palestinians fire rockets etc into Israel because they are treated like crap and they have no options.

Israel treats `em like crap because they are loath to give an inch lest a yard is taken as they are all too aware is a possibility given the recent history with surrounding countries

Pretty much , sounds like catch 22 to me

Among other things, Catch-22 is a general critique of bureaucratic operation and reasoning. Resulting from its specific use in the book, the phrase "Catch-22" is common idiomatic usage meaning "a no-win situation" or "a double bind" of any type. Within the book, "Catch-22" is a military rule, the self-contradictory circular logic

The connotations wearing my nerves thin
Could it be semantics generating the mess we're in
I understand that language breeds stereotype
But whats the explanation for the malice ? for the spite?

Fat mike burkett

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#358 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,345 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:52 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-20413625

Local journalists say they saw Hamas fighters summarily execute six people on Tuesday afternoon for being Israeli informers.
One eyewitness told AFP news agency: "Gunmen in a minibus pulled up in the neighbourhood, pushed six men out and shot them without leaving the vehicle."

Hamas strongment dragging "spies" through the street:

Posted Image

#359 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

Very enlightening video thanks.

#360 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,084 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

Too soon?
Posted Image

aXmDa9t.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.