#361 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,664 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

Posted Image

"The Main Stream Media's version of "Fair & Balanced" coverage of the recent Hamas attacks against Israel"

True or false?

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#362 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

Posted Image

"The Main Stream Media's version of "Fair & Balanced" coverage of the recent Hamas attacks against Israel"

True or false?

If Americans Knew was originally founded by an American freelance journalist, Alison Weir* (read her full bio and articles), who traveled independently throughout the West Bank and Gaza Strip in February and March of 2001. Ms. Weir found a situation largely the reverse of what was being reported by the American media. Upon further examination of this issue – she read dozens of books on the topic – she found that the U.S. press portrayal was significantly at odds with information being reported by media throughout the rest of the world.

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#363 The Wizard of AZ

The Wizard of AZ

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

Posted Image

True or false?

I've heard something similar with the roles reversed. Whichever side has the most casualties will always be the victims.

Pretty sure we're always updated on whenever a rocket it dispatched in that region regardless of whether it is coming from Hamas or Israel. Sadly it's just so common that it's not front page news anymore.

Edited by The Wizard of AZ, 20 November 2012 - 02:18 PM.

Posted Image

#364 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

Propaganda on both sides .. to be fair .. although there is little fairness being shown .. the Israeli's would make Goebbels proud .. they learned from a master .. what goes around comes around, one supposes ..

Are they burning books? Do they have complete control over the media in North America? Do you even know what the guy did?

He was one of the main orchestrators of the Holocaust, so Im sorry, but this sounds a bit crazy to me.

#365 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

I've heard something similar with the roles reversed. Whichever side has the most casualties will always be the victims.

Pretty sure we're always updated on whenever a rocket it dispatched in that region regardless of whether it is coming from Hamas or Israel. Sadly it's just so common that it's not front page news anymore.

111 Palestinians, 3 Israelis have been killed in recent clashes

The Associated Press

Posted: Nov 19, 2012 3:13 AM ET

Last Updated: Nov 19, 2012 10:17 PM ET

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#366 The Wizard of AZ

The Wizard of AZ

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

The Associated Press

I heard Hamas is wanting to announce a cease-fire, they're just waiting on Israel Defence Forces? It's on the Jerusalem Post website.

http://www.jpost.com....aspx?id=292776

Edited by The Wizard of AZ, 20 November 2012 - 02:22 PM.

Posted Image

#367 inane

inane

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,938 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

Why is this such a big deal? Why do we care about this particular conflict above any other one?

#368 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

Prime minister Netanyahu and Hilary Clinton will give a press conference in the next hour or so in jerusalem .

The press here in australia are saying the talks aimed at bringing about a truce have stalled in the last hour .

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#369 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

Why is this such a big deal? Why do we care about this particular conflict above any other one?

The history of the Middle East dates back to ancient times, and throughout its history, the Middle East has been a major centre of world affairs. When discussing ancient history, however, the term Near East is more commonly used. The Middle East is also the historical origin of major religions such as Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. Many countries located around the Persian Gulf have large quantities of crude oil which has resulted in much wealth particularly for nations in the Arabian peninsula. In modern times the Middle East remains a strategically, economically, politically, culturally and religiously sensitive region.[

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#370 inane

inane

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,938 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

The history of the Middle East dates back to ancient times, and throughout its history, the Middle East has been a major centre of world affairs. When discussing ancient history, however, the term Near East is more commonly used. The Middle East is also the historical origin of major religions such as Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. Many countries located around the Persian Gulf have large quantities of crude oil which has resulted in much wealth particularly for nations in the Arabian peninsula. In modern times the Middle East remains a strategically, economically, politically, culturally and religiously sensitive region.[

That's not a reason, and I can't believe you just literally cut and paste from wikipedia without even the common courtesy to source it, as ridiculous a source as it is.

#371 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

cause these fracking idiots will probably end up triggering world war 3

#372 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

http://www.youtube.c...&v=IZbBCBt2s8o#

This is a video of Arab students protesting the Israeli actions in Gaza. A raid siren goes off after a Qassam rocket is fired from Gaza. The protestors quickly abandon their protest and run to an Israeli made bomb shelter.

Edited by taxi, 20 November 2012 - 02:44 PM.

#373 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

Posted Image

True or false?

In my case personally very TRUE. This situation was only brought to my attention after Israel hit a commander of Hamas. I was shocked to find out that Hamas had already been firing missiles but there were no reports about that. So as far as my personal experience this is 100% TRUE.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#374 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

That's not a reason, and I can't believe you just literally cut and paste from wikipedia without even the common courtesy to source it, as ridiculous a source as it is.

So you do not believe that the middle east is is the birth place of the 2 biggest religions on earth .

And it was PATENTLY OBVIOUS that the information was from wiki as you well know .

You are well named inane .

Edited by The Ratiocinator, 20 November 2012 - 02:45 PM.

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#375 inane

inane

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,938 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

cause these fracking idiots will probably end up triggering world war 3

Why? They've been fighting for decades/centuries. What makes now any different or special?

#376 inane

inane

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,938 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

So you do not believe that the middle is is the birth place of the 2 biggest religions on earth .

And it was PATENTLY OBVIOUS that the information was from wiki and you well know .

You are well named inane .

How you could make that assumption is remarkable.

I know it was from wikipedia, that's why I called you on it. If you're so lazy you can't even type for yourself, at least source it.

#377 Coda

Coda

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:46 PM

Are they burning books? Do they have complete control over the media in North America? Do you even know what the guy did?

He was one of the main orchestrators of the Holocaust, so Im sorry, but this sounds a bit crazy to me.

The propensity of some to compare the Israelis with Nazis is sickening given (1) how out of line with reality it is and (2) the jewish experience with the Nazis in world war 2. Does a more insensitive comparison exist in the world? Some may compare I imagine, but I don't think any could surpass it.

#378 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

I know it was from wikipedia, that's why I called you on it. If you're so lazy you can't even type for yourself, at least source it.

Who are YOU to tell me what to do buddy ?

Are you trying to start an argument with me?

Edited by The Ratiocinator, 20 November 2012 - 02:59 PM.

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#379 Coda

Coda

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

The Associated Press

I think Israel loses PR points worldwide because its Civilian casualties are usually lower than the Palestinian civilian casualties. However a more rational analysis of the facts shows a different story. The Israeli government puts a hurculean amount of effort into preventing Israeli civilian casualties with thousands of bomb shelters, warning systems, the "Iron Dome" protection system, etc. Hamas on the other hand uses civilians as human shields: today for instance ordering civilians not to not to follow the advice of Israeli leaflets to evacuate certain areas near the border.

http://www.idfblog.c...e-idf-warnings/

Hamas Spokesman Urges Palestinian Civilians to Ignore IDF Warnings

Published on: November 20, 2012
Posted Image

This afternoon, the IDF dropped leaflets over the Gaza Strip, warning civilians to stay away from Hamas operatives and infrastructure.
The first leaflet:

To the residents of Sheikh Ajlin, Tel Al-Hwa, Rimal South, Zeitoun, Sjaiya, Turkeman and Sajiya Jadida: For your safety, you are required to evacuate your residences immediately and move towards the central Gaza city, via Al-Khara, Jma’at Al Dul Al Arabia, Al Aqsa Al Qudsiya, Um Alaimoun, Salah A-din, Al-Maqsurra, Hal’s Mjdad. In the central Gaza city, you are required to stay between the areas of Salah A-din from the west, Amar Al-Muchtar from the north, Al-Nasser from the east and Al-Quds St. from the south.

The second leaflet:

To the residents of of the outskirts of Shati, Al-Atatra, Beit Lahiya and Beit Hanoun: for your safety, you are required to evacuate your residences immediately and move towards central Gaza city via Al-Falujah, Al-Udda and Salah A-din. In the central Gaza city, you are required to stay between the roads of Salah A-din from the west, Amar Al-Muchtar from the north, Al-Nasser from the east and Al-Quds St. from the south.

A short while ago, the Hamas interior ministry spokesman was interviewed on Al-Quds Radio in Gaza and urged his listeners to ignore the IDF warnings. IDF intelligence was listening to the broadcast and relayed the following transcript:

Question: As the bombings go on, I want to address a specific issue: People have been receiving text messages urging them to evacuate their houses…
Hamas Interior Ministry Spokesperson: This is all part of the psychological warfare held by the Zionist enemy… So by using this way of communication, our public radio, I address all our Palestinian brothers by saying: Please do not listen to the orders noted on these text messages, their only purpose is spreading fear and panic within our people.

#380 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

<p>

I apologise to everyone , i was trying to post up a video of the clinton -netanyahu , news conference , but due to my average computer skills , i screwed this up

Edited by The Ratiocinator, 20 November 2012 - 03:08 PM.

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#381 Coda

Coda

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

In my case personally very TRUE. This situation was only brought to my attention after Israel hit a commander of Hamas. I was shocked to find out that Hamas had already been firing missiles but there were no reports about that. So as far as my personal experience this is 100% TRUE.

My experience too. I admit I hadn't been following world news too closely in the days before the Israeli retaliation, however it seemed like the issue jumped from being back page news to front page news only when Israel finally retaliated.

#382 inane

inane

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,938 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

Who are YOU to tell me what to do buddy ?

Are you trying to start an argument with me?

lol chill out you fool. why don't you go wikipedia some ways to relax.

#383 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

http://www.liveleak....=e49_1353437540

Some more video of Hamas publicly executing what they called 'spies'. No trial I suppose, so if they want you dead it's as easy as dragging you outside and shooting you. We should most definitely replace the Israeli democracy with this leadership do you agree? It's much better to have bodies dragged through the streets on motorcycles and intimidate the public. Apparently 'peace loving' Palestinians spat, kicked and jumped on the bodies of the victims. What a wonderful people. They most definitely deserve to run their own country.../sarcasm

This is more propaganda yes? Hamas and the Palestinians are giving out enough 'propeganda' for me to figure out who the real monsters are here. If I was Israel I would say... 'We need a bigger WALL',

Seriously I can't believe some here would actually suggest to replace Israel with Hamas.

Edited by Special Ed, 20 November 2012 - 03:35 PM.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#384 CanuckRow

CanuckRow

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

The Associated Press

Farely sure it is higher than this now. Either way, reason for this is because of Israel's "Iron dome" defence system: http://www.cbc.ca/ne...n-dome-faq.html

Also, Gaza has been firing rockets for years into Israel and even right before the assasination of Hamas's military leader, rockets from Gaza were being shot into the south of Israel directed at only civilian targets, which is there goal.

15yezck.jpg

@Chel24Seven

#385 Coda

Coda

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

Same old rhetoric unfortunately

True enough. The essentials of the conflict haven't really changed in years going on decades. It doesn't make what I'm saying any less true.

#386 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

I think Israel loses PR points worldwide because its Civilian casualties are usually lower than the Palestinian civilian casualties. However a more rational analysis of the facts shows a different story. The Israeli government puts a hurculean amount of effort into preventing Israeli civilian casualties with thousands of bomb shelters, warning systems, the "Iron Dome" protection system, etc. Hamas on the other hand uses civilians as human shields: today for instance ordering civilians not to not to follow the advice of Israeli leaflets to evacuate certain areas near the border.

http://www.idfblog.c...e-idf-warnings/

I was not trying to prove anything , just updating the death toll .

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#387 Coda

Coda

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

I was not trying to prove anything , just updating the death toll .

I see.

#388 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

lol chill out you fool. why don't you go wikipedia some ways to relax.

So now you are resorting to personal attacks .

This displays an inabilty to engage in a reasonable and RATIONAL conversation.

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#389 inane

inane

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,938 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

So now you are resorting to personal attacks .

This displays an inabilty to engage in a reasonable and RATIONAL conversation.

But directly quoting from wikipedia without sourcing it does?

ok there bud.

#390 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

True enough. The essentials of the conflict haven't really changed in years going on decades. It doesn't make what I'm saying any less true.

Did you read my edit , on the post you replied to , that comment was not directed at you , rather the footage from the news conference.

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.