527 replies to this topic

#391 Coda

Coda

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

Did you read my edit , on the post you replied to , that comment was not directed at you , rather the footage from the news conference.

LoL, I believe you, you can't make that !@#$ up! :lol:

Edited by Coda, 20 November 2012 - 03:22 PM.

#392 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,358 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

But directly quoting from wikipedia without sourcing it does?

ok there bud.

I did not know there was a law that told me i had to state the obvious .
And yes it does constitute a reasonable and rational conversation , please explain to me why they do not ?

But keep your posts coming , they speak volumes.
"These are the things to keep in mind. These are not just academic exercises. We're not analyzing the media on Mars or in the eighteenth century or something like that. We're dealing with real human beings who are suffering and dying and being tortured and starving because of policies that we are involved in, we as citizens of democratic societies are directly involved in and are responsible for, and what the media are doing is ensuring that we do not act on our responsibilities, and that the interests of power are served, not the needs of the suffering people, and not even the needs of the American people who would be horrified if they realized the blood that's dripping from their hands because of the way they are allowing themselves to be deluded and manipulated by the system."
Noam Chomsky

Jesus didn’t say yes to everyone. I mean Jesus knew that there was a place for everything and it is not necessarily everyone’s place to come to Australia
Tony Abbott......Current Australian PM

#393 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,358 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

Farely sure it is higher than this now. Either way, reason for this is because of Israel's "Iron dome" defence system: http://www.cbc.ca/ne...n-dome-faq.html

Also, Gaza has been firing rockets for years into Israel and even right before the assasination of Hamas's military leader, rockets from Gaza were being shot into the south of Israel directed at only civilian targets, which is there goal.

You are right gaza has been firing rockets for years
summary of 2012

[edit] 2012
Main article: List of Palestinian rocket attacks on Israel, 2012
The Jersalem Post and Ynet news reported that in January, 2012, two mortars were fired from Gaza into the area governed by the Eshkol Regional Council which were determined by the Israeli military to have contained white phosphorus; the shells were reported to have landed in open fields, causing no injuries or damage.[75] The newspaper stated that the Eshkol Regional Council filed a formal complaint with the United Nations, noting that the Geneva Conventions prohibit the use of phosphorus against civilians.[12][76]
Until April 2012 more than 360 rocket and mortar attacks had been launched (~300 during the March 2012 Gaza–Israel clashes).
The Ynet newsreported that In May 2012 the Islamic Jihad published video footage of a multi-barrel rocket launcher mounted on vehicle[77]
On October 24, 2012, "[m]ore than 65 rockets were fired into southern Israel from the Gaza Strip." A woman in Ashkelon, three foreign workers, and a policeman received injuries. "Several people were treated for shock," according to JNS.org
WIKIPEDIA .

Note that there was a lot of rockets fired late october , which in my opinion probably triggered israel response .

Inane will not believe this though , because it source is wikipedia :lol:
"These are the things to keep in mind. These are not just academic exercises. We're not analyzing the media on Mars or in the eighteenth century or something like that. We're dealing with real human beings who are suffering and dying and being tortured and starving because of policies that we are involved in, we as citizens of democratic societies are directly involved in and are responsible for, and what the media are doing is ensuring that we do not act on our responsibilities, and that the interests of power are served, not the needs of the suffering people, and not even the needs of the American people who would be horrified if they realized the blood that's dripping from their hands because of the way they are allowing themselves to be deluded and manipulated by the system."
Noam Chomsky

Jesus didn’t say yes to everyone. I mean Jesus knew that there was a place for everything and it is not necessarily everyone’s place to come to Australia

#394 inane

inane

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,416 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

I did not know there was a law that told me i had to state the obvious .
And yes it does constitute a reasonable and rational conversation , please explain to me why they do not ?

But keep your posts coming , they speak volumes.

As in they indicate I am capable of coming up with my own words? Cutting and pasting does not make a reasonable conversation, if you need it explained why, then you have bigger problems.

I asked a simple question--why this fight is so important, people get so worked up about it. Look at the last dozen pages, 4 people died, no 6, no 50, blah blah. This is peanuts in the big picture but people act like this one is so important. I don't understand why. I suppose you are trying to argue through your copy paste that because it is the centre of two religions, that is the reason. Ok, why do we care so much.

As to your little jab in the last one, it's not that wikipedia is always wrong, it's just completely unreliable as a source. But hey, you're probably 12 or something so what the hell right.

#395 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

Guys enough fighting between ourselves. Lets talk about how we should replace democratic Israelis with peace loving Hamas who just recently publicly executed 6 men and dragged their bodies through the streets: http://www.liveleak....=e49_1353437540

I already posted this clip but just want to make sure everyone sees that. Wouldn't it be great with Hamas in charge? They can publicly execute anyone they want and some Palestinians will even join in spitting, stomping and jumping on the bodies. It's one big celebration dragging bodies through the streets. That's way better than what Israel has today yeah?

Edited by Special Ed, 20 November 2012 - 03:39 PM.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#396 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,358 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

As in they indicate I am capable of coming up with my own words? Cutting and pasting does not make a reasonable conversation, if you need it explained why, then you have bigger problems.

I asked a simple question--why this fight is so important, people get so worked up about it. Look at the last dozen pages, 4 people died, no 6, no 50, blah blah. This is peanuts in the big picture but people act like this one is so important. I don't understand why. I suppose you are trying to argue through your copy paste that because it is the centre of two religions, that is the reason. Ok, why do we care so much.

As to your little jab in the last one, it's not that wikipedia is always wrong, it's just completely unreliable as a source. But hey, you're probably 12 or something so what the hell right.

Between 2 and half and 3 billion people feel a spiritual connection to many places in that area , particularly jerusalem .

And i only use information from wiki when i am reasonably confident it is correct .

Why are you getting your pantaloons in a knot about this ?
Noam Chomsky

#397 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,358 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

Guys enough fighting between ourselves. Lets talk about how we should replace democratic Israelis with peace loving Hamas who just recently publicly executed 6 men and dragged their bodies through the streets: http://www.liveleak....=e49_1353437540

I already posted this clip but just want to make sure everyone sees that. Wouldn't it be great with Hamas in charge? They can publicly execute anyone they want and some Palestinians will even join in spitting, stomping and jumping on the bodies. It's one big celebration dragging bodies through the streets. That's way better than what Israel has today yeah?

Ed that is an inflammatory statement .
I think i speak for everyone when i say what hamas did is abominable .
Noam Chomsky

#398 inane

inane

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,416 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

Between 2 and half and 3 billion people feel a spiritual connection to many places in that area , particularly jerusalem .

And i only use information from wiki when i am reasonably confident it is correct .

Why are you getting your pantaloons in a knot about this ?

says the guy who was all 'who are YOU' blah blah.lol

#399 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,358 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

says the guy who was all 'who are YOU' blah blah.lol

You dont know when to quit do you

Posted Image
Noam Chomsky

#400 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

Ed that is an inflammatory statement .
I think i speak for everyone when i say what hamas did is abominable .

Well good then. Lets just forget about history for one moment and talk about today. What I find amusing is how everyone suggesting for Israel to remove themselves, doesn't even have a reasonable explanation of how that would happen. They have absolutely no solution as to how to even begin to give the Palestinians what they 'supposedly' want. Which in the end would be to Hamas managing a larger area and possible terrorizing even more people.

Any solution pro Palestinian boost the terrorist group Hamas. And degrades the ability of Israel to defend. As Israel is not perfect nor is any other democracy. But Hamas is 100x worse. Hence my steadfast support for Israel. My heart goes out to the Palestinians whole dont support Hamas and truely want peace.

Edited by Special Ed, 20 November 2012 - 04:35 PM.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

#401 inane

inane

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,416 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

So does anyone have an answer? Or will this post be deleted too? Honest question, if you guys can't muster an answer because you're so caught up in the pissing match about who is eviler, well, I guess that's an answer in itself.

#402 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

Those evil Israelis. Calling Hamas commanders to give them a chance to save their families before bombing their house. And warning them so they can save themselves and video the strike. I wonder how long before Hamas notifies Jewish families of an impressing rocket strike... Oh wait Hamas can't warn them because the rockets will just slam into any random target.

http://www.liveleak....=bd6_1353438382

Edited by Special Ed, 20 November 2012 - 05:11 PM.

#403 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

'That rocket intercept system is brilliant. But Israel is the only country in the world that will ever need such a system, because any other country that got bombarded by rockets on a regular basis would have long ago invaded and blown the heck out of the offending nation. The fact that Israel tolerates this is proof of the pressure the world can bring against them.'

http://www.liveleak....=cb9_1353434883

The first is a popular comment that was made by another poster on 'liveleak'. Which I agree with and thought makes a good point. The second is a video which shows the Israeli iron dome in action.

#404 Coda

Coda

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

A phone call from Israel allows a Hamas Commander's family to exit the house before it is blown up. I don't know if I would have been comfortable filming it from the next house over!

http://www.liveleak....=bd6_1353438382

Edited by Coda, 20 November 2012 - 07:31 PM.

#405 CanuckRow

CanuckRow

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,907 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

Posted Image

#406 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

I just finished reading Tom Friedman's Beirut to Jerusalem. Really good book, outdated today but still very insightful. Two things in particular stood out for me: his description of the "tribal mindset" in the mid-east that says, "when I am weak, how can I compromise? When I am strong, why should I compromise?" I think that's still something that both sides are feeling today. And the second thing, that Israel is always playing by "Chicago rules" (from The Untouchables), your man pulls a knife, our man pulls a gun. Send ours to the hospital, we send yours to the morgue. It's not pretty but it gets the job done.

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#407 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

Amazing contrast to each side. So far all I see is Israel trying to avoid civilians. Hamas blows up a bus now. And people of Gaza CHEER. I feel no pity now for Gaza and hope an Israeli invasion is imminent. There should be one last warning for non combatants to leave Gaza and that gaza will be levelled. Only way this is solved is by complete destruction of Hamas. Real terrorists.

Edited by Special Ed, 21 November 2012 - 10:22 AM.

#408 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,008 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

Amazing contrast to each side. So far all I see is Israel trying to avoid civilians. Hamas blows up a bus now. And people of Gaza CHEER. I feel no pity now for Gaza and hope an Israeli invasion is imminent. There should be one last warning for non combatants to leave Gaza and that gaza will be levelled. Only way this is solved is by complete destruction of Hamas. Real terrorists.

THE VINKT MASSACRE (May 26/28, 1940)

One of the first war crimes committed by the German Wehrmacht (Not the SS or Waffen SS) in World War II took place at and near the Vinkt bridge over the Schipdonk Canal in Belgium. As the German 225th Divison approached the bridge they found it blocked by refugees fleeing south. Soldiers of the 225th then took a number of refugees and used then as human shields. Others were herded into the Meigem church where a grenade was thrown in amongst them killing 27. For no known reason the 225th started to execute their hostages. Next day (May 28) the Belgium army capitulated in the early morning and another nine hostages were shot. Altogether the number of hostages shot amounted to 86. Others killed in the cross-fire on the bridge brought the total to around 140. After the war, two German officers, a Major Kuhner and Lieutenant Lohmann were arrested, tried and convicted of the crime. They were both sentenced to 20 years imprisonment but released after only five years.
"To Thine Own Self Be True"

#409 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

THE VINKT MASSACRE (May 26/28, 1940)

One of the first war crimes committed by the German Wehrmacht (Not the SS or Waffen SS) in World War II took place at and near the Vinkt bridge over the Schipdonk Canal in Belgium. As the German 225th Divison approached the bridge they found it blocked by refugees fleeing south. Soldiers of the 225th then took a number of refugees and used then as human shields. Others were herded into the Meigem church where a grenade was thrown in amongst them killing 27. For no known reason the 225th started to execute their hostages. Next day (May 28) the Belgium army capitulated in the early morning and another nine hostages were shot. Altogether the number of hostages shot amounted to 86. Others killed in the cross-fire on the bridge brought the total to around 140. After the war, two German officers, a Major Kuhner and Lieutenant Lohmann were arrested, tried and convicted of the crime. They were both sentenced to 20 years imprisonment but released after only five years.

What are you trying to say? Why not just say it? Some minuscule piece of history has 0 to do with a bus bombing that happened today. If there is a point go ahead and make it.

#410 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:54 AM

Cease fire just announced. Personally I don't think it will last. Hamas is just using the terms as a regroup and time for Iran to send more weapons in. Eventually Israel is going to have to invade Gaza it's only a matter of time.

#411 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

Cease fire just announced. Personally I don't think it will last. Hamas is just using the terms as a regroup and time for Iran to send more weapons in. Eventually Israel is going to have to invade Gaza it's only a matter of time.

I disagree. There's actually a pretty big rift betweeen Hamas and Iran right now. Iran is supporting Assad's regime, but the local militant groups, Hamas and Hezbollah most notably, are supporting the rebels.

http://www.guardian....ry-aid-for-iran

Hamas will not do Iran's bidding in any war with Israel, according to senior figures within the militant Islamic group.
"If there is a war between two powers, Hamas will not be part of such a war," Salah Bardawil, a member of the organisation's political bureau in Gaza City, told the Guardian.

A great report on the issue:

There's also the fact Iran is Shiite and Hamas is Sunni. It seems as though Hamas' stance has changed. They are willing to accept the aid and weapons, but realize they are being used by Iran. Hamas has made it very clear they are looking after their own interests.

#412 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:24 AM

I disagree. There's actually a pretty big rift betweeen Hamas and Iran right now. Iran is supporting Assad's regime, but the local militant groups, Hamas and Hezbollah most notably, are supporting the rebels.

http://www.guardian....ry-aid-for-iran

A great report on the issue:

There's also the fact Iran is Shiite and Hamas is Sunni. It seems as though Hamas' stance has changed. They are willing to accept the aid and weapons, but realize they are being used by Iran. Hamas has made it very clear they are looking after their own interests.

I disagree with that report. Regardless of their differences it's in Oran's best interests to give Hamas weapons.

http://www.guardian....sile-technology

The commander of Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards has publicly admitted that his forces supplied the Islamic militant group Hamas with the knowhow to develop Fajr-5 missiles capable of reaching Tel Aviv.

"We haven't sent any weapons to Gaza because it is under blockade," Mohammad Ali Jafari was quoted as saying by Iran's Young Journalists Club news agency on Wednesday. "But we are honoured to announce that we gave them the technology of how to make Fajr-5 missiles and now they have their hands on plenty of them."

Jafar's remarks are a rare admission by such a high profile regime official that Tehran has supported Hamas militarily.

On Saturday, Hamas claimed to have fired a Fajr-5 missile at Tel Aviv, Israel's second most populous city, but Israel said the rocket was shot down by an anti-missile battery. Iranian officials initially distanced themselves from accusations they were supplying Hamas but now appear to be boasting about their role in enabling Palestinians to build their own Fajr-5 missiles, which have a range of up to 46.6 miles (75km).

Alaeddin Boroujerdi, an influential MP who heads the parliamentary committee on national security and foreign policy, had said at the weekend that the accusations were unfounded.

But the Speaker of the Iranian parliament, Ali Larijani, echoed Jafari's comments on Wednesday in saying that Tehran's support for Palestinians had military dimensions.

"We are honoured that our help has material and military aspects, and these Arab countries that sit and hold meetings should know that the nation of Palestine does not need words or meetings," he said, according to quotes carried by the semi-official Fars news agency.

"Our message is that if Arab countries want to help the nation of Palestine they should give military assistance."

It was not clear from Larijani's comment whether Iran had actually smuggled Fajr-5 missiles into the Gaza Strip or if he merely went as far as the commander's remarks.

Meanwhile, Fars, which is affiliated to the Revolutionary Guards, published an article boasting about the capabilities of Fajr-5, which it said "changed the scene of the war between Israel and Palestinians".

"The world class Fajr-5 is a solid fuel, non-fixed wing, 333mm rocket designed and optimised for artillery missions to hit enemy's command and control, logistic, radar, communication, economic and political centres," Fars said. "It is a rocket with 75km range, a payload of 178kg and speed of 1,009 metres per second."

Earlier this year, the country's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who has the final word on all state matters, said Iran would help any group that fights against the "cancer" of Israel.

"We have intervened in anti-Israel matters, and it brought victory in the 33-day war by Hezbollah against Israel in 2006, and in the 22-day war [between Hamas and Israel in the Gaza Strip]," he said in February.

"From now on, in any place, if any nation or any group confronts the Zionist regime, we will endorse and we will help. We have no fear expressing this," he said at the time.

On Wednesday, Khamenei also called on the Arab world to help "the oppressed people of Gaza" and intervene for an end to its blockade by Israel.

#413 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

^^^ I don't disagree that Iran is willing to supply Hamas with weapons to use the Palestinians as cannon fodder. My disagreement is with the willingness of the Palestinians to cooperate with Iran's agenda. I think the report I referenced is correct. Support for Iran is waning, and the conflict in Syria is the trigger point for this.

#414 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,008 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:36 AM

On May 27, 1942 at approximately 10:30 am, two Czech patriots, Jan Kubis and Josef Gabcik, parachuted from Britain into Prague, ambushed Heydrich's Mercedes and threw a bomb into the front seat. Heydrich was seriously wounded and the driver of a baker's van took him to the Bulkova hospital. He remained in critical condition for days. On May 29, Joseph Goebbels blamed Jewish terrorists for the attack, arrested 500 Berlin Jews and warned the leaders of the Jewish community that "for every Jewish act of terrorism or sedition, one hundred or one hundred fifty of the Jews in our hands will be shot." (12) He also charged a crowd of Jews in the Sachsenhausen concentration camp with conspiracy and shot them on the spot. Nazi leaders proclaimed a state of emergency and a curfew in Prague. They offered a reward of 10,000,000 crowns for the capture of Heydrich's attackers. A wave of Nazi executions swept the Czech areas and the entire villiage of Lidice was wiped out. An SS general in charge of the deportation of Jews to Treblinka, Belzec and Sobibor named the operation "Operation Reinhard" after Heydrich

#415 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,358 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

^^^ I don't disagree that Iran is willing to supply Hamas with weapons to use the Palestinians as cannon fodder. My disagreement is with the willingness of the Palestinians to cooperate with Iran's agenda. I think the report I referenced is correct. Support for Iran is waning, and the conflict in Syria is the trigger point for this.

I think you make a very good point Taxi ,my enemies enemy is my friend , but he still is a shiite.
Noam Chomsky

#416 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,358 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

Gaza truce comes into effect after week of bloodshed

AFPUpdated November 22, 2012, 4:52 am

Posted Image
AFP © <p>Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu delivers a statement to the press at his Jerusalem office. A ceasefire came into effect Wednesday in and around Gaza after a week of cross-border violence between Israel and Palestinian militants that killed at least 160 people.</p>

GAZA CITY, Palestinian Territories (AFP) - A ceasefire came into effect Wednesday in and around Gaza after a week of cross-border violence between Israel and Palestinian militants that killed at least 160 people.
Gaza City's streets were dark and deserted in the minutes after the truce began at 1900 GMT, but soon after people poured out of their homes to hail the "victory" as the ceasefire appeared to hold.
Heavy celebratory gunfire could be heard throughout the Gaza Strip, and residents also released fireworks into the night sky, where Israeli drones still buzzed overhead.
"The resistance has triumphed," some shouted, alongside chants of "Allahu akbar (God is greatest)."
Foreign Minister Mohammed Kamel Amr of Egypt, which brokered the ceasefire after marathon talks, announced the cessation of hostilities at a joint news conference in Cairo with US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
The accord, a copy of which was obtained by AFP, calls on Israel to "stop all hostilities... in the land, sea and air including incursions and targeting of individuals" and urges the Palestinian factions to end "rocket attacks and all attacks along the border".
If it holds, within 24 hours, Israel would be required to start implementing procedures to open Gaza's border crossings and allow the movement of people and goods.
"This is a critical moment for the region," Clinton said. "In the days ahead, the United States will work with partners in the region to consolidate this progress."
Nearly 24 hours after a truce had been expected to take hold, and after a day of violence that killed another 18 Palestinians, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's office said he was prepared to give peace a chance.
"Netanyahu spoke with (US) President Barack Obama and agreed to his recommendation to give a chance to an Egyptian proposal for a ceasefire and thereby give an opportunity for the stabilisation of the situation and a calming of it," said a statement.
It won him praise from Obama.
"The president commended the prime minister for agreeing to the Egyptian ceasefire proposal, which the president recommended the prime minster do, while reiterating that Israel maintains the right to defend itself," the White House said.
The exiled chief of Hamas, which rules Gaza, said Israel had "failed in all its goals" and thanked Iran for supporting his Islamist movement during the conflict.
"After eight days, God stayed their hand from the people of Gaza, and they were compelled to submit to the conditions of the resistance," Khaled Meshaal said in Cairo.
The agreement came after a day of shuttle diplomacy led by Clinton and UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, who said that details of the deal still needed to be ironed out.
"There are still many details to be solidified for a durable ceasefire. I hope they will finalise these details as soon possible," he said in Amman, Jordan.
Truce hopes appeared faint just hours before as a blast tore through a bus in Tel Aviv, and Israel hit back with deadly raids on Gaza City and elsewhere in the coastal Palestinian territory.
The blast, which injured 17 people, occurred close to the Israeli defence ministry and was quickly denounced by Netanyahu's spokesman, who tweeted: "This was a terrorist attack".
The bus windows were blown out and its seats contorted, in scenes reminiscent of the second Palestinian intifada.
"I am speechless. This is scary," said Sigalit, a 22-year-old waitress working nearby.
Condemnation poured in, with Washington branding it "outrageous", Moscow denouncing it as a "criminal," and France and Germany calling for an urgent and lasting ceasefire in Gaza.
Soon after, another six Palestinians were killed in air strikes on Gaza City.
One of the strikes hit the tower housing AFP's offices for the second time in less than 24 hours, killing a toddler in another building, Hamas said. No AFP journalists were inside.
Another strike shortly afterwards on central Gaza killed a four-year-old girl, medics said.
Israel launched its offensive on November 14 with the targeted killing of a Hamas military chief. It has since hit more than 1,500 targets.
Gaza militants fired more than 1,500 rockets back at Israel, whose vaunted Iron Dome anti-missile system intercepted more than 420 of them.
At least 155 Palestinians have been killed in the conflict, and five Israelis have died.The conflict came as Israel heads towards a general election in January, and raised the spectre of a broader military campaign along the lines of the Jewish state's devastating 22-day operation launched at the end of December 2008.

Edited by The Ratiocinator, 21 November 2012 - 02:42 PM.

Noam Chomsky

#417 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,008 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

LONDON – "We must learn from the Nazi tactics," Retired Israeli Judge Hadassa Ben-Itto said recently during a conference discussing ways to improve the State of Israel's PR efforts in the world.

The meeting, which was held last week in the English capital, was attended by some 150 senior Jewish legal experts.

Ben-Itto said during the conference that Israel should adopt the tactics used by the Nazis after they distributed the Protocols of the Elders of Zion: Refusing to reach a compromise and continuing their battle in the courts although they had no proof of the protocols.

"I thought about it, about our 'hasbara', and nothing is working because our story is complicated and the world is used to a sound bite," she explained.

"I have reached the conclusion that we must use these tactics in courts worldwide, just like the Nazis – with all distinctions – used the courts to spread their message."

#418 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,358 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

LONDON – "We must learn from the Nazi tactics," Retired Israeli Judge Hadassa Ben-Itto said recently during a conference discussing ways to improve the State of Israel's PR efforts in the world.

The meeting, which was held last week in the English capital, was attended by some 150 senior Jewish legal experts.

Ben-Itto said during the conference that Israel should adopt the tactics used by the Nazis after they distributed the Protocols of the Elders of Zion: Refusing to reach a compromise and continuing their battle in the courts although they had no proof of the protocols.

"I thought about it, about our 'hasbara', and nothing is working because our story is complicated and the world is used to a sound bite," she explained.

"I have reached the conclusion that we must use these tactics in courts worldwide, just like the Nazis – with all distinctions – used the courts to spread their message."

This just blows me away , an israeli wanting to emulate the people who tried to wipe them off the face of the planet .

Why does my heart feel so bad
Noam Chomsky

#419 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

This just blows me away , an israeli wanting to emulate the people who tried to wipe them off the face of the planet .

Why does my heart feel so bad

This quote was from over 2 years ago, and it refers to the Elders of the Protocols of Zion. The nazis had used the courts to spread this forgery. So she was saying you should use the courts now to try and stop the spread of his forgery.

But please continue with your false sympathy, which is really just a lame excuse to compare Jews to nazis, the most offensive comparison you could come up with.

#420 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,358 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

Why do you feel the need to continue these personal attacks on my integrity Taxi ?

And i did not make the comparison , i merely commented that it made me feel sad .

Birds of a feather , flock together .

I am guessing you do not have much contact with people who feel compassion and empathy for their fellow man .

I feel really sorry for you man :sadno:

Edited by The Ratiocinator, 21 November 2012 - 04:20 PM.

Noam Chomsky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.