The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Israel takes out top Hamas commander after missiles launched from Gaza

Special Ed

I never thought about the universe, it made me feel small

Never thought about the problems of this planet at all

Global warming, radio-active sites

Imperialistic wrongs and animal rights! No!

Why think of all the bad things when life is so good?

Why help with an 'am' when there's always a 'could'?

Let the whales worry about the poisons in the sea

Outside of California, it's foreign policy

I don't want changes, I have no reactions

Your dilemmas are my distractions

That's no way to go, Franco Un-American

No way to go, Franco Un-American

No way to go, Franco, Franco Un-American

I never looked around, never second-guessed

Then I read some Howard Zinn now I'm always depressed

And now I can't sleep from years of apathy

All because I read a little Noam Chomsky

I'm eating vegetation, 'cause of Fast Food Nation

I'm wearing uncomfortable shoes 'cause of globalization

I'm watching Michael Moore expose the awful truth

I'm listening to Public Enemy and Reagan Youth

I see no world peace 'cause of zealous armed forces

I eat no breath-mints 'cause they're from de-hoofed horses

Now I can't believe; what an absolute failure

The president's laughing 'cause we voted for Nader

That's no way to go, Franco Un-American

Where can we go, Franco Un-American

I want to move north and be a Canadian

Or hang down low with the nice Australians

I don't want to be another "I-don't-care"-ican

What are we gonna do Franco, Franco Un-American

Fat Mike Burkett , and guess what , he is a jew

He thinks highly of canadians and australians .

Listen mate , i will say this as simply as i possibly can so you will understand .

Just because i am pointing out the the crimes and actions of one nation , does not mean i am defending the actions of the nation that it is at war with.

As i have said over and over in this thread , i deplore the actions of the fanatics on both side's , i support the side that comes up with a peaceful solution to this conflict that seems to be never ending .

The movie , The promise , which i have posted a video of the director being interviewed , was made by a british jew , who wanted to promote the jewish cause , was a a documentary about the 800 british troops that were sent on a UN mandate to palestine .

Many of those troops fought in the allied landing's and all the way to germany , and when they first got to palestine , they had a deep sympathy for the jews and said they should be given anything they want .

but after seeing some of the attrocities the jews committed , this atittude changed , especially after the dier yassin masssarce , i have seen the re-enactment , the jews would just open doors of houses and gun down the innocent people inside , this was a deliberate ploy to send a message of fear and terror , and it worked ,

The massacre of Palestinians at Deir Yassin is one of the most significant events in 20th-century Palestinian and Israeli history. This is not because of its size or its brutality, but because it stands as the starkest early warning of a calculated depopulation of over 400 Arab villages and cities and the expulsion of over 700,000 Palestinian inhabitants to make room for survivors of the Holocaust and other Jews from the rest of the world.

THE MOVIE PROMISES

I urge you to watch this , it is basically about the future of this conflict , it deals with israeli and palestinian kids and it is unsripted and the kids speak with an honesty that only children speak with , i cried and i laughed {the burping WAR between 2 kids} , and i felt hope and despair

If you care at all about this conflict you will watch this documentary

So you "deplore the actions of the fanatics on both sides". So do I: the problem is Israel doesn't really have the same kind of fanatics that the Palestinians have. Hamas has repeatedly stated their goal of wiping Israel off the map: something the surrounding Arab nations tried to do several times but failed. They deny the holocaust. They brainwash their children into becoming suicide bombers. They hide weapons in mosques and schools. It's a little hard to take your claim of being "fair and balanced" seriously when virtually 100% of your posts are either condemning Israel or supporting Palestinian actions

For example, you bring up the Deir Yassin Massacre, a horrible event that saw approximately 107 Palestinians die. You find it deplorable that victims of the holocaust could resort to such similar attocities. This is a fair statement. However you laugh at me for bringing up the fact that the Palestinian government and the leaders of the U.N. anti-Israel agenda are holocaust deniers.

Do you not see how imbalanced you are?

http://en.wikipedia....n_the_Holocaust

Well mate , when 1 person tells me something i listen and think that might be true , but when person after person tells me the same thing , and the FACTS AND EVIDENCE , points to them being right , logic and reason tell me that they are .

And while i want people to believe and accept what i am saying , at the end of the day it bothers me not a whit whether they do .

What you don't seem to understand is that facts and evidence invovles looking at all facts/evidence, not just cherry picking what you want. For isntance, the context of the Deir Yassin massacre.

109 people died. Awful agreed.

However, it occurred in a state of total war in the 1940s. In the leadup to the event the residents of Deir Yassin had been participating in raids against adjacent Jewish civilians. Deir Yassin was placed on the main road that held a key strategic point in the war. Once the Jewish militas invaded they were met with resistance and things escalated quickly. And yes, they got out of control. Of the 109 who died many were armed men, but it's also likely that several dozen civilians died. This, however, wasn't any different than the scenes that were being perpetuated across the arab world against Jews.

What you also fail to mention is that Deir Yassin wasn't built until the late 1800s, which is the same time zionists began to come in large numbers. If Deir yassin is going to be held out as an example of a town that can never be removed, why not he recent Jewish developments from the same time period.

A lot of you keep writing that Hamas wants to and its goal is to wipe Israel off the map - but lets be fair, isnt Israel doing just that to its 'enemy'? Also, aside from the 'Muslim propaganda' on Facebook (seriously?), the legit pictures coming out of Israel and Gaza are truly horrible. I wouldn't undermine the consequences of this on going violence just because you saw 10 fake pictures on freaking Facebook. Israelis are lucky they're better equipped and prepared for this, in comparison to their neighbours. Of course, it helps that Israel has higher grade weapons and what not.

The massacre of Palestinians at Deir Yassin is one of the most significant events in 20th-century Palestinian and Israeli history. This is not because of its size or its brutality, but because it stands as the starkest early warning of a calculated depopulation of over 400 Arab villages and cities and the expulsion of over 700,000 Palestinian inhabitants to make room for survivors of the Holocaust and other Jews from the rest of the world

so are you now going to tell me that that jewish newspaper lied ?

And the maasarce of innocent people in their homes is not an act of war , it is an act of TERRORISM

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=612_1353364533

Look at those monsters that are the Israelis. How dare they make sure the area is clear of civilians while rockets are being launched at their people. You don't like this video, call it propaganda, but you can't fool me. The Israelis are too nice here. If it were me I would have ordered that whole site destroyed immediatly after a rocket launch is seen.

A lot of you keep writing that Hamas wants to and its goal is to wipe Israel off the map - but lets be fair, isnt Israel doing just that to its 'enemy'? Also, aside from the 'Muslim propaganda' on Facebook (seriously?), the legit pictures coming out of Israel and Gaza are truly horrible. I wouldn't undermine the consequences of this on going violence just because you saw 10 fake pictures on freaking Facebook. Israelis are lucky they're better equipped and prepared for this, in comparison to their neighbours. Of course, it helps that Israel has higher grade weapons and what not.

Let me throw a senario out there:

Right now you are in a room full of Hamas militants or Israeli soldiers. While both are being bombarded. Then you have to choose one of two options.

1) you are in a room full of Israeli soldiers. You tell them; 'they should leave Israel and hope they are all killed by Hamas militants'.

2) you are in a room full of Hamas Islamic militants. You tell them; 'Palestine should not exist and hope they are all killed by Israeli soldiers'.

Now... Think about these two senarios carefully and honestly tell me you feel more confident in accepting senario #2.

If you heard that then chances are Hamas did too. The perfect place to store weapons. When you can guarantee 100% those sites are clear of any terror weapons such as unguided missiles let me know. Until then too bad Hamas will use any place they can to hide their munitions safely. This is war not a picnic. Innocent people including journalists could become casualties. Perhaps they should avoid the area or ask Hamas to stop launching their indiscriminate rockets. I'm sure Hamas will be all ears(cut off their ears).

Archived