The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Israel takes out top Hamas commander after missiles launched from Gaza

Special Ed

I cannot believe that you would invoke the history of my people in such an offensive manner. Israel provides electricity, water and millions of dollars worth of food aid every month to the Gaza Strip. The Nazis forced the Jews of Warsaw into a Ghetto while they prepared concentration camps to murder them. Israeli Jews want to live alongside the Arab people. The Jewish people want to live in harmony with world, I don't get how difficult it is for people like you to understand.

People who say that Gaza is a ghetto have no idea what they're talking about. As a proud Jew, I find it painfully offensive that you people would draw comparisons between Gaza and Warsaw. I've been to Israel and I can tell you it's nothing like the hatred that was being spewed during the 1930s in Nazi Germany. In Warsaw, people were starved, raped and systematically murdered by the Nazis. There is a voice for every Palestinian that has supposedly martyred themselves. The voices of the Six Million Jews slaughtered in the Holocaust is the State of Israel. There is one voice for all of them.

The type of people who draw comparisons between Warsaw and Gaza are exactly the type of people who refer to Israel as a rogue state. 45-50% of Israeli Jews are descendants of Arab Jews who were expelled from countries such as Yemen, Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Libya, the Gaza Strip etc. A UN independent study found that the land confiscated from those Jews if added together makes up around 4 times the size of Israel proper. These facts alone justify the existence of the modern state of Israel. Israel met it's moral responsibility by absorbing it's Jewish refugees. Today, millions of Palestinian Arabs still live in refugee camps. If they want someone to blame, they should go after the Arab states. http://en.wikipedia....uslim_countries

For those of you who are staunch supporters of the Islamic Republic of Iran and who have supported those who have worked tirelessly to divide and conquer the Jewish people-I have one thing to say: Israeli Jews are Jews. I know that Ahmadinejad and the Neutrei Karta have been going around saying that they aren't, but they are. I have never been more proud to have them among my brethren.

Switching gears a little, I should say that as a 3rd Generation Canadian, I feel incredibly alienated when I read things similar to what you just wrote. I live in fear on an almost daily basis of how the next generation of leaders in Canada will treat Canada's Jews once people like Harper and Mulcair are long gone. I know exactly what a large portion of non-Jewish youth think of the Jewish people in Canada. When I realized how people really feel about the Jews, I began to feel that I'm not a real Canadian. To clarify, I was born in Downtown Vancouver and I've lived here my whole life but I've been made to feel like this is the way things are. I think this is only a feeling that resonates with Jewish people.

No matter what we do, there's always some reason why we can't be a part of the diaspora countries. So we made our own country in our ancestral homeland where several ancient Jewish communities existed. But for some reason, the rest of the world decided that it wasn't legitimate. Thousands of men have died trying to make Israel its own country so that we can be a part of the UN, the Arab League and be a part of the world like everyone else. All we want is a country where were not made to feel like foreigners.

Israelis did live alongside Palestinians in Palestine. Your "people" did not "make your own homeland" as if it was your people's conquer, Jews were a minority but still lived there just fine.. it was foreigners that decided to chop up land that wasn't "your people's" nor theirs and hand it to "your people". Inconceivable reading this "Israel is such a victim" show. Even worse, that I also read in your post Palestinians are the ones to blame for living in camps, especially in the west bank, where they are constantly pushed back and their land further and further eroded away for Israeli expansion? Israel should just take the rest of Palestine and quit the sideshow that few people without a sycophantic view of Israel fall for. Feigning ignorance to why Palestinians are so violently upset (a common theme of those in the Middle East victims of interference from abroad), while once comical, is now just sad.

While Zionists considered such places as Argentina, Uganda, and Texas,[5] they eventually settled on Palestine for the location of their proposed Jewish State, even though Palestine was already inhabited by a population that was 95 percent Muslims and Christians, who owned 99 percent of the land.[6] As numerous Zionist diary entries, letters, and other documents show, Zionists planned to push out these non-Jews – financially, if possible; violently if necessary

Comprehension is obviously not one of your stronger faculties .

1) Texas was never involved in any discussions at the Zionist conference.

2) Argentina was never considered seriously, neither was Uganda

3) These discussions took place prior to WWI while the pogroms were going on in Russia and the Jews were living in abject poverty in the Pale of Settlement. I didn't think I needed to address that party of history.

Some of these Russian Jews who were advocating settling in Argentina, Uganda, etc. were the cousins, brothers, sisters and children of those being murdered in the pogroms. They were the ones spearheading a Jewish homeland wherever we could get one in whatever way possible.

It's amazing what people will do to save the lives of their loved ones.

So those discussions did take place or they did not ?

But lets forget that then ,and address the fact that

they eventually settled on Palestine for the location of their proposed Jewish State, even though Palestine was already inhabited by a population that was 95 percent Muslims and Christians, who owned 99 percent of the land

How would you like it if i rolled up to your door and said my people lived here hundreds of years ago , and i have come back to reclaim what is ours ?

And if you follow the logic of your last statement , could that not be applied to the palestinian people ?

The earlier European Jews either bought property of Arab absentee landowners, bought property from Palestinians directly or settled in the barren desert that wasn't populated by anybody. Tel Aviv, for example, was a settlement of around 13 Jewish families right next to Jaffa. Tel Aviv wasn't built by Arabs, it was built by Jews for the ground up. Jews couldn't steal property during the British Mandate because they'd start some sort of riot by the Arabs. Holocaust survivors immediately following WWII with no family, no where to go and no home either went to North America, sat in refugee camps in Cyprus or snuck in and settled in the desert. They wouldn't have even been able to steal land from the Arabs because they would've attracted attention to themselves as illegal immigrants.

The War of Independence was the time when the property conflicts that have dragged on for decades originated. Arabs who left Israel during the War of Independence lost their property and moved into refugee camps in the West Bank, Gaza Strip, Syria or Lebanon. Arabs who stayed in Israel were referred to as a traitors by the governments of Egypt, Jordan, Iraq, Syria and Lebanon. Meanwhile, anti-semitic pogroms in Iraq, Syria, Egypt, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Iran, Turkey, etc. forced just under 1,000,000 Jews out of their respective countries between 1948-1967. The Arab Jewish community was large enough to justify the existence of the State of Israel in it's own right. European Jews came to Israel because they had nowhere else to go.

Here's my point

A) just under 1,000,000 Arab Jews were forced to settle in Israel between 1948 and 1967. Israel found a way to observe every single last one of them.

B) just under 1,000,000 Palestinian Arabs either voluntarily left or were frightened by the prospect of war. Every Arab country refused to absorb-except the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan. Jordan began revoking the citizenships of many Palestinians in order to bring the demographic crisis to Israel's doorstep faster.

I am NOT virulently anti-israel dude , my hatred is directed at racism , poverty , and injustice , and i see all these things in the israeli's treatment of the palestinians , and i also deplore the actions of the fanatics on the palestinian side , that cause pain and suffering to so many innocents on BOTH SIDES.

australians do not have word for for people who are not australian , what does that tell you ?

So you are saying you would be cool with someone knocking on your door and claiming that this land belonged to them and you do not mind them claiming it back , and then continuing to take more and more of your land

The international community considers the settlements in occupied territory to be illegal.[8] Israeli neighborhoods in East Jerusalem and communities in the Golan Heights, areas which have been annexed by Israel, are also considered settlements by the international community, which does not recognise Israel's annexations of these territories.[9] The United Nations has repeatedly upheld the view that Israel's construction of settlements constitutes violation of the Fourth Geneva Convention.[10][11] The International Court of Justice[12] also says these settlements are illegal,[13][14] and no foreign government supports Israel's settlements.[15] In April 2012, UN secretary general Ban Ki-Moon, in response to moves by Israel to legalise Israeli outposts, reiterated that all settlement activity is illegal, and "runs contrary to Israel's obligations under the Road Map and repeated Quartet calls for the parties to refrain from provocations."[16] Similar criticism was advanced by the EU and the US.[

Clearly you are if you're drawing comparisons between the Gaza Strip and the Warsaw Ghetto. Clearly you are if you're drawing comparisons between Israel and Nazi Germany. Wake up.

Free electricity, water and food aid for every Palestinian in the Gaza Strip(including the children of Hamas operatives and the operatives themselves) isn't exactly treating the Palestinians poorly. It's pretty rare for a nation to feed and provide electricity to another nation that fires rockets at it's civilians.

Really, because you just compared Hamas to the Jewish rebels in the Warsaw ghetto who literally fought Nazis to death. I'd be pretty offended if you were to say that you deplored the actions of my ancestors who drew attention to themselves in order to save the lives of dozens of other people. Nothing about what Hamas is doing is at all similar to what the Jewish rebels are doing.

If you're really against racism and hatred-you should stop saying things that perpetuate anti-semitism.

Australians speak English and I'm pretty sure "foreigner" is a word. All I said was that the behaviour of non-Jews especially insensitive comparisons between Nazi Germany and Israel-makes me feel alienated as a Jewish person in Canada. I really don't even want to know what you meant when you said "what does that tell you?" Are you saying that Jews are obsessed with the barriers between cultures? That doesn't even deserve a response.

I thought that you said you had issues with the actions of people on both sides? I'm pretty sure this line of questioning is pretty one-sided especially for someone with no-familiarity with the conflict.

Stop copying and pasting off Wikipedia, I can tell that you're being extremely selective. Give me a link and I'll read it. Hamas MP Fathi Hamad proved my point earlier, most Palestinians descend from either Egyptian or Saudi origin. You can even tell through their names. I don't think there would be many Palestinians who would've minded if this was settled diplomatically during the 1950s and early 1960s. Furthermore, I don't think they would've minded living in oil-rich Iraq, Egypt, Libya, Qatar or Saudi Arabia. I don't think they would've minded living in Syria, Jordan or Lebanon. During the 50s and 60s, those countries had a lot more to offer then Israel.

The reason people are blowing themselves up and firing rockets in South Israel is because they've got nowhere else to go. Man elderly Palestinians feel alienated from the doctrine of Pan-Arabism that they once swore allegiance too. I have a tremendous amount of empathy for them-I think they should be taking this issue to the Arab states and I think they should deal with it in a much more diplomatic matter.

Don't talk to me about the settlements in the West Bank. A large majority of the settlements were built on desert land as well. I've actually been to settlements on the Golan Heights, these settlements were also built on farm land. The West Bank, Gaza, Golan and Sinai were conquered by Israel during a defensive war.

I am saying that a one group of people who have invented a word to describe everyone else , are displaying a descrimintory behaviour whether they art willing to admit that fact or not .

And just because i do not believe the BS you pushing , does not make me an anti-semite , I DO HATE RACISM BUDDY , and nothing you can say will change that .

Ironically, that word only exists as a response to discriminatory behaviour against us.

Comparing the brave men and women of the Warsaw Ghetto to Hamas is inherently anti-Semitic. That's all I've been saying. You haven't apologized for making that incredibly offensive statement.

If you hate racism then you hate yourself, because you're a racist.

Buddy , i am willing to wager i know more about the history of the jewish race than you do , i make it a point to be fully informed about a subject before i start discusssing it with others

I am sick of talking to some who justs keeps trying to justify their own delusions , and refuses to acknowlege the facts .

Archived