The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Political Science/Economics Degree

KoreanHockeyFan

You ascribe to the "technician" school of thought on education. I go with the idea that education in and of itself is good thing, no matter what the area.

Many of mine classmates in law school had no intention of actually practising law but the education was more than worthwhile as it taught them to think and reason logically - something that I had already had as part of my first undergrad degree.

What degree or degrees do you possess?

I guess getting a degree that landed me a high paying job right out of University was the wrong way to go? But what do I know, Im just a "control freak math geek" . 2 years out of Uni I had paid off all of my student loans. 2 years.

Id be maybe pissed or insulted if your post had shown even the slightest understanding of what goes into any applied sciences or engineering degree.

BA Business Admin & Economics mcl

MBA

I ascribe to a "if a person is going to spend their own money let them waste time on useless courses" school of thought, which includes my degrees as well. I'd rather have shaved 1.5 years off my schooling on boring touchy feely liberal arts courses (which were great for my GPA, but still a waste of time) and used that productively toward monetary or other investments with that time, I'm sure plenty of others agree, and those who want to spend exaggerated amounts of time in college learning about their feelings or being inundated with excessively liberalised behaviour modifying proselytisation shouldn't have any problem whatsoever using their own funds to finance it.

Anyhow, I could sit here on a very long tangent about the school system but it's unrelated to advice OP is looking for.

Archived