The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why hasn't Schneider signed somewhere?

yogolol

Obvious answer is he thinks the lockout will end soon. But if the lockout is still going on after November who else really wants to see Schneider sign in a different league and be the number 1 on that team? I'd be really excited to see what numbers Schneider can put up as a starter.

He said this a couple of days age. Apparently there isn't much available in Europe right now.

Schneider, who considered signing in Switzerland to play a couple of weeks ago, is resigned now to waiting the negotiations out here in North America.

“It’s pretty quiet in Europe,” Schneider said. “Unless Europe opens up, I don’t really have a choice but to stick it out here.

I like that our players have mostly stayed here, shows loyalty to the team and fans rather than the guys who immediately bolted overseas to play for other teams and get paid less $ than what they're negotiating for here. Schnieds is trying to get this season on track rather than letting it be dealt by someone else.

i think that he wants to stay in the negotiations

Obvious answer is he thinks the lockout will end soon. But if the lockout is still going on after November who else really wants to see Schneider sign in a different league and be the number 1 on that team? I'd be really excited to see what numbers Schneider can put up as a starter.

Although I think its great that he and most of the team haven't jumped ship for Europe,I do wonder what impact it will have on him

as time goes by. Even with the european ice being different dimensions,I would "think" that it would still keep your skills up to par but as he stated in one of his interviews a month or so ago that playing in Europe can develop bad habits when applied to the NHL. What are most goalies/players doing during the lockout to keep up their levels?

Archived