Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yogolol

Why hasn't Schneider signed somewhere?

34 posts in this topic

It's different for a goalie that has the starting job already in the NHL. He has nothing to prove. Why take the risk of getting injured. Furthermore, european hockey has larger rinks which could throw off his nhl game.

Schneider's concern: Risk of injury, different angles affecting his game, moving to a different country is actually a big change in your life even for a year, stay fresh for the season, desire to be part of the negotiations, in a good zone working out and getting prepared, dealing with insurance and other potential contractual issues etc.

Canucks' concern: Risk of injury, improper nutrition, inadequate personnel care, risk of injury, insurance, risk of injury, checking in with its players, risk of injury, risk of injury, risk of injury.

It's different for a goalie that has the starting job already in the NHL. He has nothing to prove. Why take the risk of getting injured. Furthermore, european hockey has larger rinks which could throw off his nhl game.

Don't know what you have been sniffing. Roberto Luongo is gonna be traded as soon as there is a new CBA. They need to unload that contract.

Need I remind anyone here about when Cloutier went to play in Austria?

Haha yeah at this rate we don't have to worry about anything hockey related until next season!! I think they will get something done and get a 1995 similar season happening.

Numerous rumors from Sportsnet saying Luongo is gonna be in Toronto when the lockout is over.

I guess Schneider just didn't cut it, for a starting job on another team. Teams said they wanted Luongo because he is a starter and other teams didn't want to risk it on a backup. :lol:

OMG seriously ? He has absolutely everything to prove. To himself his team and the league . He has started a total of 56 games ? I think he is the future but he has a loooong way to go .

I guess Schneider just didn't cut it, for a starting job on another team. Teams said they wanted Luongo because he is a starter and other teams didn't want to risk it on a backup. :lol: