The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

VGA 2012

Dragonfruits

www.spike.com/events/video-game-awards

thought i would post this for people to vote for their favorite games however going through the list there seems to be quite a few snubs especially borderlands 2 no best pc game and no game of the year same with halo 4 game of the year nowhere to be seen

also i have no idea how this happened but diablo 3 got in for best pc game

Loooool.

They have Mass Effect 3 and The Walking Dead game as Game of The Year candidates? That's pathetic. One is a crapty 3rd person shooter disguised as an RPG, and the other is a linear adventure game with a crapty zombie story.

Both fail to deliver on their promise of player choices altering story, by overwriting all the scenarios with a generic wash, while throwing copious in copious amounts of nonsensical shock emotion.

Both games lack any degree of complexity, and do not contain any semblance of depth. Get them them off these kinds of game of year lists.

That said Dishonored and Journey most certainly belong here. And although I've yet to play Assassin's Creed 3 because of the delayed PC release, I can say I probably wouldn't have a problem with it being there either.

I know it's just a Spike VGA awards list, but it's a case where the poor quality of the games they chose really reaffirms how pointless the whole thing is.

Archived