The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Woman Denied Haircut, Files Human Right Complaint

DonLever

Do you know what I wish? I wish people would be sensible and not make big bloody deals out of simple matters. Now, if this person is rushing to an interview and it's the only place in town, maybe (no, actually - that's her problem for being stupid and leaving things to the last minute).

Everyone is quick to follow up with claims, suits, actions that, really, are for nothing. This diverts valuable time and resources away from more serious matters.

Get over it already, it's a haircut for crying out loud. I don't care if it's appropriate or not (to follow up), I think it's ridiculous.

Do you know what I wish? I wish people would be sensible and not make big bloody deals out of simple matters. Now, if this person is rushing to an interview and it's the only place in town, maybe (no, actually - that's her problem for being stupid and leaving things to the last minute).

Everyone is quick to follow up with claims, suits, actions that, really, are for nothing. This diverts valuable time and resources away from more serious matters.

Get over it already, it's a haircut for crying out loud. I don't care if it's appropriate or not (to follow up), I think it's ridiculous.

Sorry but you're just making things up to fit your own specific argument. The name 'boys club' does not automatically come with the banning of women. Nor does it prove your point that women aren't allowed into that shop. You're just filling in the blank with what you want and not necessarily what it means.

Sorry but you're just making things up to fit your own specific argument. The name 'boys club' does not automatically come with the banning of women. Nor does it prove your point that women aren't allowed into that shop. You're just filling in the blank with what you want and not necessarily what it means.

because paying for a haircut, an optional service which can be refused (unless you feel that anyone who provides a service must be forced to do so for any paying client), is analogous to obtaining a paid position in the military.

Archived