The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Woman Denied Haircut, Files Human Right Complaint

DonLever

Please don't compare a Ferrari dealership to equal rights.

He's not doing them cause "it's against his religious principles".

I'm not denying that maybe she went there for a fight.

That's not the point.

He refused service because of gender - that's not right in this country.

but he offers a service, one that could be critical and lifesaving (unlike that of a haircut), why is he not held to the same "equal rights" standards that a barber shop is?

how about "curves fitness" refusing to give me a membership to their gym? should they be sued too?

Or is this simply because his religion prevents him from cutting the hair of a non-related female?

Its ridiculous from a practical standpoint. However, their religion forbids this, and as nuts as it sounds she should respect his right to believe whatever he wants .

She doesnt have to respect HIM for his arcane belief system. I certainly wouldnt. But to SUE the guy over it?

Where does all this end? Sue everyone for everything . Sue feminist groups for not allowing men. Sue the black caucus or refusing white people. Sue Chinese people for not teaching everyone else Cantonese for free. They teach their children Cantonese for free.

At some point we have to call it what it is. An excuse to try to feel important via victimization for any reason whether it be reasonable or not.

This case is sweet because it involves racism, sexism, religious intolerance, gay rights, and human rights issues all at once.

All this could've been solved by the realization of the obviousness that males-only barbershops have the right to only serve males. This has been well-established over quite a few decades and honestly, she never had any intention of frequenting the establishment.

It is quite clear that Faith MacGregor is an attention-grabbing troll who is serving nobody but herself while attempting to ruin the classic tradition of the male barbershop. I hope she goes to hell.

She's defending a basic civil right that makes our culture great. Canadians should not have their rights imposed upon by Muslims. Next thing you know we are bending over and dressing our women in burkas. Maybe stoning them too? I hope she wins the case and the barbaric barber is shut down. Don't try and drag us back to the Stone Age.

Archived