The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anyone know of any caves in BC people can explore?

vancanfan

I live 10 minutes away from horne lake, it is good, as everyone says, as long as you aren't fat.. There are some pretty skinny caves near the entrance.. They also do repelling and such outside if that interests you.

Dont go swimming, I know its cold right now and you probably wont.. but you will get the itch.. Too many septics empty into the lake as well as ceder trees, its a bad combo for swimming.

My parents have a cabin on Horne Lake and I agree the caves are worth a visit although if your friend is really into it spring for a longer tour where you can explore the largest and most pristine cave that is locked up to those not on a tour. I did the 4hr tour recently and it was pretty fun.

Other less touristy caves on the Island can be found in Gordon River near Lake Cowichan and on the west coast but I recommend only exploring those if you are an experienced caver and have the proper gear (headlamp and helmets are a must). There is also a really cool gully to explore on the way to Carmanah but I've forgottten the name of it. Due to all the limestone the island is actually one of the better places for caving in North America.

Archived