Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Kesler

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 nuckchuck

nuckchuck

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

Pardon my ignorance if there is already a post about this, but I was just curious if there was any news on his injury? Is he doing better?

#2 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

Dont expect any news on him, he's getting paid to be on the IR so he's not going to publicly say hes good to go untill the season is set to begin.

Although I did meet him a week ago at an Autograph signing and asked him how his shoulder is, he simply said its getting better while smiling.
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#3 nuckchuck

nuckchuck

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

alright thank you

#4 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

GET'N REAL PAID!!
"I knew we had a great team. I told everyone if we play as a group, we can win it all. Everyone laughed. Now we're laughing."
-Jiri Slegr

#5 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:04 AM

He'll be back whenever its expected to be ready, and or when seasons ready.
Posted Image

#6 Derp...

Derp...

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

He's progressing at a normal rate. Should be in exceptional form for the next time the Canucks play whether it's a month from now or in 2 years.
linden Vey Sig

#7 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

Don't worry, Kesler will be playing in our first game back from the lockout in 2016. By that time, we will also have Gaunce and Jensen playing their first game of the NHL.

Posted Image

#8 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

Don't worry, Kesler will be playing in our first game back from the lockout in 2016. By that time, we will also have Gaunce and Jensen playing their first game of the NHL.

The sad part is that I can't tell if 2016 is a joke or not... it could be a realistic outcome lol
Posted Image

#9 Mcfly

Mcfly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,140 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

The sad part is that I can't tell if 2016 is a joke or not... it could be a realistic outcome lol

I'm thinking the owners will crack.
Crack under the pressure of not making millions in revenue. The more and more it goes on, the more millions they don't make. It's gotta burn them more than it burns the players who at least get to play hockey elsewhere if they choose. A bad notion to carry, is that the players are mostly in it for the money. They must be to some degree, but not as much as these owners.

Like every successful head in charge of the business, they know it's all about taking advantage of the people that do the real work. Get as much out of them as you can, and pay them the least amount possible.

If this lockout ends, we'll see another because of the same reason.

Random hurt fan rant over

Dank2013_zps1833a257.jpg

#10 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,128 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:03 PM

And I feel the opposite. The players will be the one to crack. We all know the history.

As long as he's 100%, timeframe does not matter.

Edited by Snake Doctor, 19 November 2012 - 12:13 PM.

Posted Image

#11 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

The desperation time is sinking in hard for the NHLPA. Even fan based media like TSN and others sympathetic to the players are having to spin harder and harder to still make it seem like its an even match.

Verteeg came out today to resort to outright childish personal attacks.

The TSN writers are now citing unnamed 'sources' to twist what one owner (Snyder) says into some kind of controversy.

Far cry from the good ol days when it was supposed to be a 'fair fight' and a 'standoff' .

Now its full time WHINING from the NHLPA , its players and the media that supports them.
Posted Image

#12 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

Pardon my ignorance if there is already a post about this, but I was just curious if there was any news on his injury? Is he doing better?

Kesler actually has it pretty good in a way. He is injured to the insurance companies have to pay his salary even if the NHL does not.

This was time Kesler was going to miss anyways so the lock out has not affected him at all so far.
Posted Image

#13 Max-a-Million

Max-a-Million

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:57 AM

Bottom line, we are badly missing the entertainment of hockey. Sadly, big business has gotten in the way. Unions were designed to ensure workers were not taken advantage of by employers. This whole scenario is nothing short of ridiculous. Greed has driven the beast it is right now. Money is the only thing standing between both sides and we, the fans, are the victimes. I will not support the NHL with one dollar for the next two years. They can get their greedy fingers on someone else's wallet.

I spend half my money on Wine, Women and Song.
The other half I waste!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.