#1 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

POPULAR

I'm still hopeful we'll see an NHL season, and it will start in December.

The delay has been very lame, but it probably benefited the Canucks more than we'll know.

Edler, Kesler, Garrison, these guys will log a lot of minutes for this team, and they've all been on the shelf. They're healing, and will be much closer to ready than if the season had started in October.

Daniel Sedin came off a serious head injury that clearly still bothered him in the post-season. What if a full 82 season did him in? The shortened season and delayed start only helps.

The Canucks are President Trophy winners in back-to-back seasons. We're usually on fire in March/April. Now, assuming we still get going in December, May/June will feel like March/April to the team, and we'll be ready to rip it up!

Edited by Slegr, 17 November 2012 - 11:25 PM.

"I knew we had a great team. I told everyone if we play as a group, we can win it all. Everyone laughed. Now we're laughing."
-Jiri Slegr

#2 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

There is no silver lining. I WANT HOCKEY!

#3 Nas19

Nas19

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

It's nice to see someone being optimistic about this situation. +1 for you good sir.

#4 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

That's only a silver lining IF there is a season this year.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#5 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

you could argue that as a team with the fewest players playing in europe, we are going to be a step behind conditioning wise
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#6 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

you could argue that as a team with the fewest players playing in europe, we are going to be a step behind conditioning wise

Maybe. On the other hand, have you ever seen those NHL teams that play their exhibition games overseas, then come back to start the season? They usually lose the first few games. Plus, with all the travel our team does, the extra rest is a positive.
"I knew we had a great team. I told everyone if we play as a group, we can win it all. Everyone laughed. Now we're laughing."
-Jiri Slegr

#7 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

There can be some silver linings. But we do need to get some players playing actual games.
Posted Image

#8 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,346 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:39 AM

That's only a silver lining IF there is a season this year.

Exactly, if the season is cancelled then it is a complete disaster and takes away a year from a team in it's contending prime. The more chances they get the better. A shortened season may help though, yes.

#9 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,014 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:48 AM

Exactly, if the season is cancelled then it is a complete disaster and takes away a year from a team in it's contending prime. The more chances they get the better. A shortened season may help though, yes.

Exactly, nothing to gain by losing the whole season. A shortened season would probably help the Canucks every year based on when they peak. So that's the silver lining, but it's getting thinner and thinner as time passes. I really don't think a deal will get done now if they haven't been able to by this point.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#10 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

There will be no season this year and the next.

Sorry, you're silver lining is a myth.
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#11 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:18 AM

There will be no season this year and the next.

Sorry, you're silver lining is a myth.

Ok put the pipe down... there is not going to be a lockout for two full seasons!!

#12 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,596 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:40 AM

If the Canucks won a cup in a shortened season, the fans of other teams would claim that it doesn't count. Haters gonna hate.

I think our guys would be slow starters, but would easily get into the playoffs and maybe peak at the right time (for a change).

#13 VanCityScout

VanCityScout

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

funny thing in this world..

every situation is just as much good as it is bad

you just have to look for the parallels :)

#14 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

I'm still hopeful we'll see an NHL season, and it will start in December.

The delay has been very lame, but it probably benefited the Canucks more than we'll know.

Edler, Kesler, Garrison, these guys will log a lot of minutes for this team, and they've all been on the shelf. They're healing, and will be much closer to ready than if the season had started in October.

Daniel Sedin came off a serious head injury that clearly still bothered him in the post-season. What if a full 82 season did him in? The shortened season and delayed start only helps.

The Canucks are President Trophy winners in back-to-back seasons. We're usually on fire in March/April. Now, assuming we still get going in December, May/June will feel like March/April to the team, and we'll be ready to rip it up!

what about hansen slegr??

cant you wait to see him pot 30 goals???

i know i sure cant
Posted Image

#15 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

The only team who will have an advantage IMO if they do have a half season, will be the Edmonton Oilers. Half their team is playing together in the AHL, not on separate teams like many other players, so they will have tons of chemistry together and be ready for games unlike all the other teams.

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#16 austy

austy

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

Maybe mayson Raymond is at the gym everyday putting on the pounds so next year he will be unknockdownable?

please be gentle with my posts...I am Australian, hockey isnt my first language.

#17 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

I agree with OP. Canucks have played a lot of hockey over the past couple of year. Last year's playoff vs LA they looked tired and unable to put in effort to get to the finals again.

I said something like this a while back. I think the Canucks will benefit most by being healthy and rested when the season starts.

#18 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,334 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

If the Canucks won a cup in a shortened season, the fans of other teams would claim that it doesn't count. Haters gonna hate.

I think our guys would be slow starters, but would easily get into the playoffs and maybe peak at the right time (for a change).

A Cup is a Cup, doesn't matter if its a full season or shortened season.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#19 Alchemy Time

Alchemy Time

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

A Cup is a Cup, doesn't matter if its a full season or shortened season.

That's true, but lots of opposing fans will still say it doesn't count.
Posted Image

#20 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

Does anyone ever bash the devils or marty brodeur for the cup win in 95? Ya theyve won 2 more after that but even before no one bashed them. Theres no asterysk next to their cup win in the record books.

A cup is a cup, every team will play the same amount of games in a shortened season.

#21 ice3u3

ice3u3

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

i think a short season would probably be the best chance for the Canucks we are still a great elite team in the league and have just as good of a shot as anybody regardless who is in our goal I think if the season starts december we are a force and could win the presidents trophy again and maybe just maybe a Stanley Cup, but i still do want hockey right now lol

#22 winacup

winacup

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

no need to worry about that. this team cannot win a cup.
Posted Image

#23 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

WOW! What an original post.

#24 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

only because they didn't win it
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#25 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

I don't see the season beginning in Dec, more like Jan, if at all... Sorry, but I don't see no silver lining. I only see a saddened world with out hockey right now... Although, if the season does start late then I see our players being very rusty.. And we will make the post season, but not as one of the top teams this time. Only upside is I see us finally getting over that hump from last year and playing our hearts out. But who knows, only time will tell... *sigh*

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#26 goalie13

goalie13

Osgoodian One

• Members
  • 6,098 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

The silver lining is that there has been a significant decrease in 'trade luongo' threads.
Posted Image

#27 Alchemy Time

Alchemy Time

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

only because they didn't win it

Could've sworn I was speaking hypothetically... my mistake.
Posted Image

#28 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,334 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:39 AM

no need to worry about that. this team cannot win a cup.

Buddy, just stop. All your posts are useless troll posts. Its amazing how you're still here.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#29 SergioMomesso

SergioMomesso

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

Our window to win the cup closes after next year. .I don't beleive Kesler can be that number one guy. And I dont see any prospect centers that are tearing it up in our organization. We really need to move Lou for a blue chip top 2 future centerman.
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:5584]

#30 kacvan

kacvan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

The only hockey that we are going to be able to watch in December is the World Junior tournament on TSN, and perhaps the world cup of hockey. Canada is going to have some great teams this year! Go Canada Go!
Posted Image

Keep The Faith The Canucks Will Win!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.