The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Silver lining

Slegr

I'm still hopeful we'll see an NHL season, and it will start in December.

The delay has been very lame, but it probably benefited the Canucks more than we'll know.

Edler, Kesler, Garrison, these guys will log a lot of minutes for this team, and they've all been on the shelf. They're healing, and will be much closer to ready than if the season had started in October.

Daniel Sedin came off a serious head injury that clearly still bothered him in the post-season. What if a full 82 season did him in? The shortened season and delayed start only helps.

The Canucks are President Trophy winners in back-to-back seasons. We're usually on fire in March/April. Now, assuming we still get going in December, May/June will feel like March/April to the team, and we'll be ready to rip it up!

If the Canucks won a cup in a shortened season, the fans of other teams would claim that it doesn't count. Haters gonna hate.

I think our guys would be slow starters, but would easily get into the playoffs and maybe peak at the right time (for a change).

I'm still hopeful we'll see an NHL season, and it will start in December.

The delay has been very lame, but it probably benefited the Canucks more than we'll know.

Edler, Kesler, Garrison, these guys will log a lot of minutes for this team, and they've all been on the shelf. They're healing, and will be much closer to ready than if the season had started in October.

Daniel Sedin came off a serious head injury that clearly still bothered him in the post-season. What if a full 82 season did him in? The shortened season and delayed start only helps.

The Canucks are President Trophy winners in back-to-back seasons. We're usually on fire in March/April. Now, assuming we still get going in December, May/June will feel like March/April to the team, and we'll be ready to rip it up!

I agree with OP. Canucks have played a lot of hockey over the past couple of year. Last year's playoff vs LA they looked tired and unable to put in effort to get to the finals again.

I said something like this a while back. I think the Canucks will benefit most by being healthy and rested when the season starts.

If the Canucks won a cup in a shortened season, the fans of other teams would claim that it doesn't count. Haters gonna hate.

I think our guys would be slow starters, but would easily get into the playoffs and maybe peak at the right time (for a change).

Archived