The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sam Reinhart

Jaku

I went to the Ice game last night (December 7th), and to say the least it was awesome. There wasn't a ton of people sadly, but it was a good close game, the Ice came out on top 3-2 with Sam scoring the GWG. It was an absolute snipe. He was in the middle of the circle and he went far side (glove side.)

What i notice about Sam is that he is a dominating player on the ice, he is so good with the puck, his passes were always on the tape, he made some nice moves, he's strong on his skates, and isn't afraid to get a little physical (He threw a couple hits and took a couple bumps in the corner.) He is quick, and has a really smooth stride. He keeps his head up almost all the time, and his hand-eye coordination is unreal, he knocked several dump-ins down, knocked fluttering pucks out of the air. It was awesome being able to see him play again. This kid is unreal.

Another tid but of info- He plays top line, top PP, top PK, top 4 on 4, top 3 on 5 PK, top 3 on 5 PP and is always a shooter in SO. They pretty much built the team around this guy. The team isn't good. That's not all that surprising if you see there record. To see him almost a PPG with this team is an accomplishment in it's own. If he had some more fire power along side of him, there is no doubt he would be putting up spectacular numbers.

Another thing that is encouraging is that he is involved with the community quite a bit. Finding that out at the game was cool. He also won a team award for player of the month having 12pts in 12 GP.

Well the Ice had another unfortunate night. Tonight (December 8th) there were destroyed by the Lethbridge Hurricanes, losing 6-1. Sam had 1 assist and went -2 on the night. Good Sam put up some points, sounds like it was a tough night for the team though.

I'm excited to see how he develops in the games I have seen of him he looked great. I've played against Matthew Barzal before and it wasn't very fun trying to stop him and I look forward to seeing how he translates into higher levels.

I've played with Matt Barzal, he's a great guy with tremendous talent, he is also a funny guy in the locker room. Really nice guy

• 4 weeks later...

Them Reinharts got some good genes.

I figure Sam will go top 5, with Ekblad going #1.

If Jones, the American defenceman goes 1st overall this year, then a Canadian like Ekblad better go first next year.

.....I hate those cocky Americans who think they are the best at every sport

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Really like this guy, I would take him over Ekblad personally

If we somehow finished low enough to get one of the two, we'd have a tough choice to make. We got Horvat and Shinkaruk last year, and haven't had a defense prospect like Ekblad since Luc (RIP), and IMO we need that more than a forward.

If we somehow finished low enough to get one of the two, we'd have a tough choice to make. We got Horvat and Shinkaruk last year, and haven't had a defense prospect like Ekblad since Luc (RIP), and IMO we need that more than a forward.

We have Tanev, Corrado, and Stanton that solve our future at D. Plus another one of our D prospects could surprise us, like Corrado has. I think we won't need to draft a defenseman in the 1st round for a little while. Plus, we are overcrowded with D when we are healthy.

Reinhart would move Kes to wing which is good because we lack top 6 wingers. Also makes Kesler expendable in the Future.

Drafting Reinhart would secure our future down the middle.

1st C Reinhart, 2nd C Horvat and 3rd C Gaunce. That would be a solid future at C.

Archived