The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Break up advice and why?

EoH

So recently I been dating this girl for about a year and a half and if you did read the title I ended things because i knew it wouldnt work out between us. I knew even though i wanted to make it work, i couldnt jeopardize the sake of my future.

However, after the break up shes constantly texting me about how shes better then me, meeting new guys, comparing new guys to me and basically saying everything/everyone is better than me etc.

I tried blocking her on my phone, but fido does not allow this option apparently, and there is no app available to block the number either. Im also not going to switch my number just because of this problem.

Now the crap she tells me does hurt, its basically insecurities that I told her about myself during our relationship that she uses to just ridicule me and try to ruin me in anyway possible. She also was threatening to call my friends and say crap about me to them as well.

I havent replied to a single text message, but I do read it out of curiousity (yeah i know, i shouldnt, but it annoys the hell out of me if I dont).

Im just wondering, why is she doing this?

Is there anyway to block her number?

And any advice on break ups are much appreciated, i know it only lasted a year and a half, but during that time I put a lot of heart and effort into it.

Did you explain to her why you wanted to end the relationship? And she sounds incredibly immature and crazy from what you've told us about her. How old is she? Seems like this borders on harassment too.

Whatever man she seems nuts. Ignore it if possible. You should be happy you managed to escape the relationship with her, and feel sorry for any other guy who would have to end up with her lol

Did you explain to her why you wanted to end the relationship? And she sounds incredibly immature and crazy from what you've told us about her. How old is she? Seems like this borders on harassment too.

Whatever man she seems nuts. Ignore it if possible. You should be happy you managed to escape the relationship with her, and feel sorry for any other guy who would have to end up with her lol

Just ignore her. She'll eventually stop if you don't respond. She's probably just pissy that you dumped her and is trying to get revenge. She will get over it eventually and move on with her pathetic life.

But dude whatever you do, DO NOT respond to her texts. That's just what she wants. Don't feed the trolls.

Sorry to hear about it.

Found this on the fido forum by googling. Might help if you have an iphone and you're just getting texts from her..

Re: How to block a phone number?

09-09-2012 07:14 PM

incorrect. That only allows you to access ETM, which does allow you to block texts but not calls. OP was asking about calls.

You broke up with her. She probably liked you. If you liked someone and they broke up with you, you'd probably be upset too. Would you freak out like she did? Maybe. Maybe not. A lot of sane, smart, intelligent people have gone crazy before during a bad relationship or after a break up.

The insecurities she's making you feel, are probably the same that you made her feel when you broke up with her.

The way you talked about how you broke up, makes me believe you just kind of winged it one day and you didn't plan the best course of action. "I can't jeopardize my future" is usually slang for a bunch of stuff that doesn't actually jeopardize your future, but it might make something inconvenient for you that you didn't want to sacrifice. It happens.

Regardless, breaking up with someone mutually actually takes a lot of planning, and grown up talk. Most people don't do this and it can end in a lot of drama, such as the crazies. Considering you broke up with her even though she was in a position to hurt you, which means you were still more into her than not, to me says that you didn't have a very good break up strategy. There is no real solid way to stop someone from being crazy in this situation. All you can do is wait. If someone goes nuts after a break up, they're probably going to be nuts until they get over it, which can take a long time sometimes.

You can either really think things through and try to find a way to approach her in a kind way and talk about things, voice your feelings, and lay it all out there. Try to discuss it with her, and let her ask questions, or try to change your mind. This is not always easy, because some people just aren't good at talking, and sometimes the person they try to talk to is just.. not going to listen. Just don't be condescending or an ass.

The other way is to fly under the radar and hope she finds someone to replace you with hopefully sooner than later. I'd really just try to make sure that you have a really valid reason to break up with someone to avoid drama next time.

Clearly she isn't over you. She is probably really pissed that YOU made the decision. This supposed low-life (her frame of mind towards you) dumped her. Clearly that stings for her.

Good for you for making the right decision and good for you to ignore her texts.

You gotta 1-up her. (kidding, keep ignoring)

As for breakup advice, basically keep what you're doing, ignoring the chick. It's not gonna be easy, the next few months are definitely gonna suck a bit. Sounds like you put a lot into it, not easy to just press the undo button on all your feelings. I know from exp.

Find a rebound chick that can keep you occupied till your normal again.

If she is this much of a psychopath, a year in a half is far too long to figure that out. But i think you knew. You are now paying the penalty of dragging it out as long as you did.

I suggest that you pretend that you want to get back together with her, only so you can dump her again harder. Then tell us how that works out. I'm suggesting that you do this for our amusement. Chop-chop!

Archived