The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Small World

Bodee

I'm getting my house done up at the moment and me and the tiler got talking about hockey. It turned out his son played hockey here in Kirkcaldy so of course I said I was a frequent attender at the Fife Flyers ...........my local hockey team.

I went on to say that my real interest/love now was Vancouver Canucks in the NHL and it turned out my tiler also had a great interest in them and the Canucks. So we chatted a bit more and he told me his nephew lived in Vancouver and was responsible for a lot of the media filming for the Canucks organisation..........his name is Rory McGarry.

What are the chances that a Canucks fan living in a far away hockey backwater like Kirkcaldy in Scotland would just happen to employ a wall tiler (a damned good one too) who had such a strong connection with the Vancouver Canucks?

Small world.

Anyone out there knows Rory?...........tell him Ronnie says hi!

I'm getting my house done up at the moment and me and the tiler got talking about hockey. It turned out his son played hockey here in Kirkcaldy so of course I said I was a frequent attender at the Fife Flyers ...........my local hockey team.

I went on to say that my real interest/love now was Vancouver Canucks in the NHL and it turned out my tiler also had a great interest in them and the Canucks. So we chatted a bit more and he told me his nephew lived in Vancouver and was responsible for a lot of the media filming for the Canucks organisation..........his name is Rory McGarry.

What are the chances that a Canucks fan living in a far away hockey backwater like Kirkcaldy in Scotland would just happen to employ a wall tiler (a damned good one too) who had such a strong connection with the Vancouver Canucks?

Small world.

Anyone out there knows Rory?...........tell him Ronnie says hi!

Archived