The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Your Canucks in 3 to 4 years time.

Hunter.S-Kerouac

With all the buzz about our prospects. And it being a miserable rainy day I thought I`d pose the question to cdc what does everyone think the canucks depth chart will look like in 3-4 years.

Booth* Kesler ______

Sedin Sedin Jensen

Burr Gaunce Kassian

_____ MaxLap ______

Hansen will of course be anywhere at anytime as usual. from 1st to 4th line

Ham Juice

Ballard* Mr Garrison (I think Garri is just what ballard needs)

Connauton Corrado

People gone.

-Edler we will loose to free agency. Fingers crossed MG can make a deal for him before he walks a la hoff.

-Raymond just doesn`t fit on our team anymore (love the guy). He rips it up on another team.

- Tanev. Sure hes calm with the puck and has good passing and possesion numbers. but hes one dimensional. He can`t hit he cant score and hes not intimidating to anyone. (translated he is only useful if you already have a solid lead.

-J Schroder will get his shot to be on the team. And I will cheer for him very loudly. But he will be moved to make room for Gaunce.

- Ballard and Booth are on the cusp they may have potential to be very effective players or traded.

- Malhotra is the captain of the Canucks new affiliate ahl team in Abbotsford.

Im sure I forgot some people I will edit in a bit.

Thanks for participating.

Still see the Sedins as 1st liners in 3 seasons, possibly 4 or heck even 5. So probably not much different than now with the exception of Kassian, Jensen in the top 9 and perhaps guys like Schroeder/Gaunce/ our next 1st rounder will be making an appearance. Kes, Hansen, Lapps and I think Booth will still be here, hopefully Raymond gets back on track and cements a spot too. I can see Tanev in the top 4.

so, something like

Sedin-Sedin-Kass/Jensen/future signing/draft

Booth/Raymond-Kes-Kass/Jensen

Burr-Schroeder/Gaunce-Hansen/Weise

Weise/Hansen-Lappierre-Mallet??

Hamhuis-Garrison

Tanev- Edler

Juice-Connauton?

i think we are going to have a few players moved or not resigned

like Booth, Raymond, Ballard, Hansen, Malholtra, etc....

i think the roster will look something like this

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Jensen

Trade/FA/Draft-Kesler-Burrows

Higgins-Gaunce-Kassian

Grinder-Lapierre-Grinder

Edler-Garrison

Bieksa-Hamhuis

Connauton-Tanev/Corrado/other guy we acquire via trade or draft

Schneider

backup(we trade Lack in a few years because hes not better than schneider but hes a starter in the league)

I really think it's hard to predict things like this, I thought the WCE would last much longer than it did, especially since they made all those changes after the lockout. It may very well be the same thing with this lockout and our present first line...

Also I don't know whether Kesler will ever be the player he was in 2010/11.

I don't think we'll have Higgins or Hansen on our team in four year's time... They're really good players, playing on a really good team right now. When our window (slowly) closes, like it will (whether you like it or not), they will be on other teams, much because there just isn't any reason for them to stay ere when we aren't a cup contender anymore. They're just too good to be playing the third line roles they have on the Canucks for their entire careers. Also with guys like Jensen, Gaunce and Kassian developing I just don't think that there's any room for them.

I do hope we keep Lapierre, he's one of my favorite players, and he could very well still be centering our third/fourth line in a few years.

Burrows I think will retire a Canuck, and I think that he'll end his career like he started it, with a bottom six role.

Ballard will be gone, there's just no room for him, especially with our D men prospects turning into full time NHLers...

Sedin - Sedin - Jensen/Kassian/signing

Booth (assuming he's not traded) - Kesler - Jensen/Kassian/signing

Signing/pick - Lapierre - Burrows

Signing/pick - Gaunce/signing/pick - signing/pick

Edler (I think he'll be a legit number one D man) - Garrison

Hamhius - Bieksa

Tanev - Connauton

Schneider

Signing/pick/Canntana

Nobody likes Grenier or Mallet? They have got some skill. 4 years time we will be rocking Sedins with our best RW at the time burr kass, grenier, Hansen depends on what's working at the time. We've got a lot of depth at the right wing position as far as prospects go, so I expect us to draft a C in the first round this year who will be a second or third liner at the 4 years from now mark hopefully, also insurance if Gaunce dosn't work out yet. Our 4 to 9 forwards are going to be such a tough call if they arn't producing they are gonna get called out by the fans and especially on CDC so expect changes every 2 years.

Sedin Sedin Burr

Jensen Kesler Kassian

Booth Gaunce/Schroeder Hansen

Mallet Lapierre Grenier for the french connection

Edler Garrison

Bieksa Hamhuis

Connauton Tanev/Corrado

Jensen Booth can flip flop same with Kassian Hansen and Hansen/Kass could play first line from time to time if the old guys need some younger legs. Lots of skill and size on this roster Friesen, Schroeder, Sweatt and Rodin could all potentially crack the lineup if they had a big year. Even though the 4th line consists of 2 guys who have yet to prove anything much at the pro level I like what they bring on a nightly basis, passion for the game, physical presence and work ethic. Just my opinion, but feel free to shoot it down! :)

You really think the Canucks will actually use their top prospects? lol jk

I think the team being the way it is, we will eventually trade for a big player rather than wait for our prospects to develop. It could be anybody so I'm not gonna write down who I think it will be, it might come back to bite me later. :lol:

With all the buzz about our prospects. And it being a miserable rainy day I thought I`d pose the question to cdc what does everyone think the canucks depth chart will look like in 3-4 years.

Booth* Kesler ______

Sedin Sedin Jensen

Burr Gaunce Kassian

_____ MaxLap ______

Hansen will of course be anywhere at anytime as usual. from 1st to 4th line

Ham Juice

Ballard* Mr Garrison (I think Garri is just what ballard needs)

Connauton Corrado

People gone.

-Edler we will loose to free agency. Fingers crossed MG can make a deal for him before he walks a la hoff.

-Raymond just doesn`t fit on our team anymore (love the guy). He rips it up on another team.

- Tanev. Sure hes calm with the puck and has good passing and possesion numbers. but hes one dimensional. He can`t hit he cant score and hes not intimidating to anyone. (translated he is only useful if you already have a solid lead.

-J Schroder will get his shot to be on the team. And I will cheer for him very loudly. But he will be moved to make room for Gaunce.

- Ballard and Booth are on the cusp they may have potential to be very effective players or traded.

- Malhotra is the captain of the Canucks new affiliate ahl team in Abbotsford.

Im sure I forgot some people I will edit in a bit.

Thanks for participating.

Archived