The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Traveling to Vancouver in December

Losing With Pride

My company is paying for a room at the Hilton but only one night, so I can either stay there or go somewhere else. The problem is that this is the Hilton Airport in Richmond... So basically to downtown Vancouver it is $40 each way. Should I stay somewhere more central for the other 2 nights?

You'll be a short walk from the skytrain, so no worries. Although, downtown Richmond has become a congested, ugly core, there are so many great spots to eat in the area. If you're into Pho, there's a dive just East of No. 3 Road on Westminster....North side of the street. I'll find the name for you...

And you're a quick bus ride from Steveston, as discussed earlier.

You'll be a short walk from the skytrain, so no worries. Although, downtown Richmond has become a congested, ugly core, there are so many great spots to eat in the area. If you're into Pho, there's a dive just East of No. 3 Road on Westminster....North side of the street. I'll find the name for you...

And you're a quick bus ride from Steveston, as discussed earlier.

Not really sure what's enjoyable in the wet winter season. If it was the summer, I'd suggest the Canopy Walkway at UBC. or the harbour cruises (oh, there is a carol ship dinner cruise but it's more expensive and who knows if it's worth the extra money). Or you can take the aquabus instead to/from granville island market for a mini venture on water. OR take the seabus from waterfront station to lonsdale quay for some market fare and shopping.

Not really sure what's enjoyable in the wet winter season. If it was the summer, I'd suggest the Canopy Walkway at UBC. or the harbour cruises (oh, there is a carol ship dinner cruise but it's more expensive and who knows if it's worth the extra money). Or you can take the aquabus instead to/from granville island market for a mini venture on water. OR take the seabus from waterfront station to lonsdale quay for some market fare and shopping.

Archived