The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Jim Vandermeer a fit with the Canucks?

SOB for MVP

I actually see Vandermeer as an upgrade on both Rome and Alberts. When used in the right situation he can be highly effective. He is a big body who can provide some offence, can fight, and can hit but the knock is the ability to stay in the lineup consistently.

Okay, he's big and tough.

When is he going to play exactly? You're gonna put him out there just to fight someone? I'd rather not play with 5 defenseman.

Vandermeer is a plug and a pylon. Why waste a contract on a guy that won't see a single game in the playoffs? And who is he possibly going to replace if he does, Ballard/Tanev? Yeah, no i'd rather have Ballard. (And that's saying something)

When is he going to play exactly? You're gonna put him out there just to fight someone? I'd rather not play with 5 defenseman.

Vandermeer is a plug and a pylon. Why waste a contract on a guy that won't see a single game in the playoffs? And who is he possibly going to replace if he does, Ballard/Tanev? Yeah, no i'd rather have Ballard. (And that's saying something)

You're sort of defeating your argument though, it doesn't matter who we sign. They're not going to play many games, and are going to get plugger minutes. I'd rather have someone like Vandermeer who can throw down if he has to.

It could also end up being Barker depending on if the PTO rumors are true, but regardless of who it is they aren't going to be logging a lot of games or minutes during games.

Archived